NEW Licensees for future Indy Products

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VintageDisney

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Indiana Jones 5 Licensees Announced | License Global

Confirmed Licensee categories for “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny”:​

Toys
  • Hasbro, Funko
Accessories
  • Loungefly, Dorfman Pacific, Bioworld, Monogram, Sales One, RockLove Jewelry
Apparel
  • RSVLTS, Reyn Spooner, Costumes, Jazwares
Plush
  • Build-a- Bear
Collectibles
  • New Zealand Mint, Gentle Giant, Regal Robot, ACME Archives
“In addition, licensees are yet to be confirmed in the consumer electronics, consumables, stationery, footwear, apparel and home categories.”

I'm not that upset about not getting an Indy from 5. I want to know if anyone got the license for the first three films.

Would obviously love an InArt pre order but Indy gets no love. Sigh.

But, I thought Harrison Ford wasn't allowing his likeness to be used anymore? Everyone on this forum said so. :monkey3

I wouldn't read too much into this list, I'm sure there are non-American companies that have been licensed to make Indy merch.

An Indiana Jones from Raiders at the level of InArt Aragorn has been the dream for the last 20 years.

Why O Why are there no high-end versions? What's the deal with Ford?
It wouldn't surprise me if that appearance on Fallon a few years back has something to do with it. The whole manhandling of that Hot Toys Han Solo probably offended someone. Maybe.

That's the theory. I would bet Hot Toys does make him, Disney gives them awards every year for best licensee. Indy is their biggest non MCU film this year.

I doubt Inart would be able to pick this up, The rights are complicated. Indy is basically owned by Disney which would likely mean HT but there are also aspects controlled by Paramount which makes it even more challenging I’m guessing.

As an aside, poster artist Drew Struzan said:
“When Disney licensed Lucasfilm for the Indiana Jones ride [Temple of the Forbidden Eye], it did not secure the rights to Harrison Ford’s likeness. So, when it came to the poster, my take on it was, gee, if I painted Indiana Jones and don’t put Harrison’s likeness on it, I’ll look like a fool, like I couldn’t do it. So I got his phone number and called him up to ask for his permission. He had just the gentlest Indy voice you ever heard. I told him the situation and his response was, ‘If you’re painting it then you go right ahead.’”

4CB7DC2D-57AA-47E8-B1F7-18CE646AD83E.jpeg

But, I thought Harrison Ford wasn't allowing his likeness to be used anymore? Everyone on this forum said so. :monkey3

I wouldn't read too much into this list, I'm sure there are non-American companies that have been licensed to make Indy merch.

Many companies are still using his Likeness. Hasbro and Sideshow are still making Ford figures/statues.

Does anyone know much about any of these companies? Not recognizing most of the names outside Gentle Giant, Hasbro, Funko.

Back