INDIANA JOAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
x4pgW6x.gif

Obviously the first 2 things I thought were, “why does Jones need to change to Joan?” and “isn’t that just Tomb Raider?”

However, once I got that out of my system, I think there is room for a movie franchise of a woman archaeologist set in the 1930s. Part of what I loved about the original Raiders is the time setting, right before WWII where the Nazis were just getting started. I think there’s a better juxtaposition with the supernatural elements of Raiders and the Ark with the low tech nature of the time period. Not to mention how large, unexplored and unconnected the world was at that point, which made archaeological (and supernatural) discoveries that much more difficult and special. I recently saw Lost City of Z which recounts the true life expedition of Percy Fawcett in South America and his eventual disappearance in 1925, and I thought how great it would be to have Indy back in that time again, when it was a golden age of explorers and archaeologists. The time period would also help set it apart from Tomb Raider.

So yeah, bring it on, Steven. But I’m also hoping he’s smart enough to just rename the character altogether and not feel compelled to tie it in to Indy. But the broad strokes are good: female archaeologist in the 1930s going after supernatural artifacts.

I think there is room for a movie franchise of a woman archaeologist set in the 1930s.

Sure, under a different banner.

****ing enough. Enough already. Stop with the ****ing identity politics infecting films like this. It's the same story every single time. We need to take an established White male character and we need to swap it out with your pick of minority or woman.

Well you gotta hand it to Speilberg... to make people shut up on how bad Star Wars is... he throws Indy under the bus... :lol

All these seasoned directors only give a **** about money nowadays. They've already done what they wanted to with their career and just want paychecks. Look at that weasel Cameron. He's a complete fraud.

As for Speilberg... I haven't given a **** about anything he's done since Ryan. He should have his head lopped off for his last outing with Indy... so his goofy eyed ass should shut his yapp about what makes a good Indy film. Same thing with that chinless **** head Lucas.

Last edited:
I think there was a movie called “Angry Black Women”. After reading these posts, I could see a movie called “Angry White Men”. :rotfl

Nobody likes politics until they are trying to make their own point.

I agree with Old Man Lu... Bring it on.

Honestly I don’t even care if they call her Indy - just make a damn good movie! I don’t care that Doctor Who, Thor, Iron Man, the Ghostbusters, Starbuck, GI Joe, and James Bond are all women now - I don’t care if you cast a 600 lb black Portuguese lesbian as Don Trump - Just make a good movie or don’t bother making one at all!!!

That already happened

F899BAC9-5F87-42D7-A81C-E92C2755A4CB.jpeg

But true. If the script is good and the way it’s done is spectacular I could get on board with pretty much everything

It’s not like anyone can replace ford as Indy anyway... but my preferred option is to let some things die and remain sacred. But this is Hollywood...

Little Mister Sunshine
Driving Mr. Daisy
The Golden Boys

Thelman and Louis
Mean Boys
He’s all that
Rob Schneider in... the hot dude

And to be even more inclusive,

The lost transgenders (keep the opening Doors’ song)

Back