INDIANA JOAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamandi

Super Freak
Reaction score
After Ford's next movie Indy goes in for gender re-assignment surgery. It worked so well for Ghostbusters

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5966069/steven-spielberg-indiana-jones-queen-ready-player-one/

INDIANA JOANS Ready Player One director Steven Spielberg says it’s time for a woman to play Indiana Jones

The director says he knows putting a woman in the lead role of an Indiana Jones movie would upset fans, but believes it's time the explorer 'took a different form'STEVEN SPIELBERG thinks action legend Indiana Jones is finally ready for the ultimate adventure — to be played by a woman.
The director knows he would risk fan fury by casting an actress in the role made famous by Harrison Ford, 75, but he believes it is time the explorer took “a different form”.

In an exclusive interview, Spielberg nodded when asked if this new-look Jones could be female, and added: “We’d have to change the name from Jones to Joan. And there would be nothing wrong with that.”
The 71-year-old has been a vocal champion of the Time’s Up campaign for gender equality in the movie industry — and is no stranger to powerful women.
His mother Leah, who died last year aged 97, raised him and his three sisters almost single-handedly because his workaholic engineer father Arnold, now 101, was rarely around.
And he has been married to actress Kate Capshaw, 64, since 1991, after meeting in 1984 when she starred in the second Indiana Jones film in 1984.

He said: “My mom was strong. She had a voice, she had a very strong opinion.
“I have been very lucky to be influenced by women, several of whom I have just loved madly — my mom and my wife.”
Filming for the fifth movie in the Indiana Jones franchise is due to begin in April next year.
But Spielberg said: “This will be Harrison Ford’s last Indiana Jones movie, I am pretty sure, but it will certainly continue after that.”

That is when the director will decide on whether to go ahead with “Joan” — and once again lead the way in putting words about Hollywood equality into action.
Unlike many other directors and producers, he has long insisted his lead actors and actresses get the same pay, most recently in Ready Player One starring British actress Olivia Cooke, 24, and Tye Sheridan, 21.
He said: “Everyone was equally paid. And on The Post, Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep got the same pay cheque exactly, right down to the perks.”
Spielberg’s new film is a sci-fi spectacular, set in a future so grim that most of humanity has sought escape in a virtual reality world designed by a character played by Mark Rylance.

Um... why would the last name be changed to a first name... :cuckoo:

Secondly yeah like Deez said... Tomb Raider... not to mention if we ever had a Uncharted Film Chloe Frazer...

Why do I feel this will be a woman in men's clothing fighting conservatives she calls Nazis for a sacred relic...

Oh goodie, another Wonder Woman-type feminist movement. 101% Rotten Tomatoes, guaranteed.

Basically, expect a huge movement.

But to be fair when you’re asked those kind of questions what are you going to answer?

‘Hell no!’ ?

With everything the way it is nowadays he’d better answer ‘yes I think it’s a great idea’ or they’re going to start calling him a misogynist or something

What's with the ignorant gender swapping? It's iconic, keep it that way. Look how well that's worked out for Marvel comics the last few years. Thor Jane, Black woman Iron Man, Asian Hulk, Black Cap. "Creatives" cannot create any new, interesting characters. Everyone wants in the white man's club!

They need to start making Man-versions of women's favorite movies and shows:

Pretty Man

Terry Bradshaw in Sex and the City

Little Men

Boy's Trip

That's really it, isn't it?

Has anyone checked Rotten Tomatoes? This has probably already gotten a perfect score.

Pretty Man

Little Men

Boy's Trip

Dude I have girls trip on right now, the grapefruit scene was classic

How about this....stop making Indiana Jones movies and come up with a new goddam fresh idea? Let it go. Like Elsa from frozen and Henry Jones said...let it go.

Pretty Man

Little Men

Boy's Trip

Don't forget...

The Brotherhood of the Traveling Condom...

Female Indy isn't enough - lets go normal looks/body type female Indy. C'mon Hollywood - the era of ScarJo is over.

img_1859.jpg

Pretty Man

Little Men

Boy's Trip

Gilmore Guys

Gentleman in the Lake

Wonder Man

The Other Man

What a Guy Wants