Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucasfilm hijacking their own franchise?
There is almost zero commonality between the Lucasfilm that produced the OT and the Lucasfilm of the past near-decade. People, structure, outlook, approach: everything is 100% different.

There are a lot of brands/companies today that have zero relation to the same named brand as it existed in the past or distant past - they simply share a name and legal rights to products that derive from the historical products. In some cases the brand even ceased to exist for a long time before being ressurected. But in many cases to say it is the same company that created the iconic product/s, even if they share the same logo (as most do - it's a brand after all,) is false.

He's more CGI now than man. Twisted and rubbery.

He faked the injury when he read the full script and left quietly hopping no one would notice he's gone. I forgot he was gone too until you blew his escape plan. 😆
arnold-schwarzenegger-eye.gif

Oh, that plastic-helmeted ******* again?

Hasn't he lost all credibility since every one of his Star Wars "INSIDE SOURCES" proved to be 100% ice cream?

I have no doubt this movie will suck, but there's no need to pretend to know about it beforehand for youtube clicks.

Don't know who he'll play, (friend or foe?)
https://variety.com/2021/film/news/antonio-banderas-indiana-jones-5-harrison-ford-1235021085/This headline reminded me of your terrific image and pairing of figures...
fb_img_1592922473419-jpg.488297

(obviously not Zorro),, yet ...hopefully Banderas is some similarly inclined time worn adventurer, maybe a rival for the prize (whatever that may be this time)
For who they can work in a rival whip standoff scene;
[IMG]

swing-indiana-jones.gif

disarming
[IMG]

DirectJollyAllosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Or precarious swing and getaway.
[IMG]

And a good horse chase scene...
5khmsi.gif

5khn5z.gif

[IMG]

b8y0GwA.jpg

Much of Indiana Jones was straight homage to some of the Zorro cliffhanger serials, some even thematically contemporaries of Indiana Jones (see Zorro Rides again), which were a huge influence on Lucas and Spielberg.
Although I hope Banderas' character is an ally, or a friendly rival, or even if he's the villain, hope he can somewhat homage that.
Apparently Banderas let slide the answer to this (and more). When pressed if he was the villain, he said no he plays a good guy, ....won't spoil the rest but its out there.

Last edited:
Perhaps Indy should be dressings more like his father used to dress at this point. Keep the hat, skip the rest and just wear a suit or something. It might be more age appropriate.

Back