Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes my friend, we are ready to crack the whip one more time.

anigif_sub-buzz-2098-1682590450-1.gif

Mangold:

During an interview with Variety, he explained why he won’t make another Indiana Jones film following Indiana Jones and the Dial of the Destiny.

“I’m not interested,” he explained. “I refuse. I just can’t do it… The amount of lore and Easter eggs and fan service starts to become antithetical to any of this stuff at a certain point. It isn’t storytelling anymore. It’s large-scale advertising.”

Last edited:
“I’m not interested,” he explained. “I refuse. I just can’t do it… The amount of lore and Easter eggs and fan service starts to become antithetical to any of this stuff at a certain point. It isn’t storytelling anymore. It’s large-scale advertising.”

He's right.

Just watched the original 3 over the past 3 days.

I couldn't be happier.

Don't need to waste a minute of time or money on this pointless, grating, ****. I've read every spoiler and seen a bunch of reviewers talking about their experiences - there's not one thing that sounds good about it. Not, a single, thing.
Just like STAR WARS the original 3 are all that matters.

I know it's only a poster, but Harrison doing that pose looks like a parody.
I know he's old, but it's a very uninspiring poster.

All the carping and shredding probably won't change the fact that this movie will likely make a fortune. Like TFA, it'll coast along grabbing money from average movie goers who will see it on name recognition alone. "Oh yeah, let's go see that new Indiana Jones movie after we grab our big macs." They won't remember a thing about it, and Disney will have another franchise-breaking hit.

Oh well. Some of this is on Ford, who seems quietly determined to destroy all of his classic characters at the end of his career.
Heck, it wouldn't be surprising if Weir asked him to revisit "Witness" and he would say "Only if I can burn down the barn ".
Good thing the late night talk shows are switched off over the writers strike or we'd likely witness Ford destroying another Hot Toys figure.

I'm old school and I'll always fondly remember anticipating movies with no internet, no YouTube yammering. Just party-like lines to get into crowded movie theaters and the electric giddiness of anticipation.

Oh well. Those were the days indeed. Now, it's the cynical practice of getting spoiled by forums and YouTube self-promoting screeching that ends with "never mind, I'll catch it on streaming" and then not being able to make it 20 minutes in.

The good old days, indeed. I'll miss you, Indiana Jones...

I know it's only a poster, but Harrison doing that pose looks like a parody.
I know he's old, but it's a very uninspiring poster.
That poster looks like the cover of one of those awful, unimaginative calendars that are clogging up racks in the middle of shopping malls during the holidays.

All the carping and shredding probably won't change the fact that this movie will likely make a fortune. Like TFA, it'll coast along grabbing money from average movie goers who will see it on name recognition alone.
TFA was the first new SW in years and the start of a new trilogy. Crystal Skull was the 1st Indy since '89. DoD's box office will not be like those two movies.

Mangold:

During an interview with Variety, he explained why he won’t make another Indiana Jones film following Indiana Jones and the Dial of the Destiny.

Jesus, that sounds rather ominous. I’m thinking I’ll avoid this one.

Back