1/6 Hot Toys - MMS681 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Mace Windu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E4C555F5-C196-419F-88C3-7F7A4E57DAFB.jpeg

My Mace Windu arrived today. Put him up with Ep 3 Obi-Wan, Anakin and Ep1 Qui-Gon, one thing stood out right away, the Mace Windu head sculpt is tiny when compared to the others. Part of it almost certainly relates to the lack of hair when compared to the others.
Still a nice edition to the collection. IF they release an updated version for Ep3 then this one will become my Clone Wars Mace Windu.

Seeing good pics of Mace don’t sell me on the sculpt, I still think it’s pretty bad, but they definitely sell me on the aura of the character as a whole. I’ll let the waitlist decide my fate.

Every figure looks better in-hand - that argument doesn’t really say much to me. It just was never a good head-sculpt (more so paint apps) to begin with.

I still want Mace in the collection though, which means getting yet another Hot Toys figure where I don’t get my money’s worth.

I also doubt they’ll make a ROTS version since it’s 100% the same character design. Only reason why his tunic/robes look darker in ROTS is due to the color grading and darker filter.

Seeing good pics of Mace don’t sell me on the sculpt, I still think it’s pretty bad, but they definitely sell me on the aura of the character as a whole. I’ll let the waitlist decide my fate.
My wallet decided. I need to save for the Obi-Wan statue.

My hopefully moderate??? approach - coming into it late - to SW collecting. Some Mandalorian. And some Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Yoda and some background droids. Just my favs unless they reissue a spectacular Han and farmboy Luke....

Finally, there's an Asian guy flat out saying the sculpt looks Asian. So, maybe this is a 3-D Clone Wars effort. I haven't taken time to really look/compare to the animation. But for me I would have had to look for another sculpt $$$$,

It was a near thing, 'coz I like Mace a lot. But I didn't want to invest that much right now. And I couldn't see how he'd fit, really, with the current Jedi trio of mine without leading to the money pit of "add to your collection:lol!!!"
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Every figure looks better in-hand - that argument doesn’t really say much to me. It just was never a good head-sculpt (more so paint apps) to begin with.

I still want Mace in the collection though, which means getting yet another Hot Toys figure where I don’t get my money’s worth.

I also doubt they’ll make a ROTS version since it’s 100% the same character design. Only reason why his tunic/robes look darker in ROTS is due to the color grading and darker filter.
If another Mace with a more accurate HS pops up in a few years, great, I'll pick that up. I doubt we'll get a ROTS Mace too since the outfit is fro what I can see identical as well.

If not, then I'll just get Deans HS and get that painted in the future when my economy allows that.

Finally, I found who is their Windu HS based on
FB_IMG_1716738253811.jpg

Btw when this goes up, I thought this is the only chance to get a Mace Windu HT, so I order without hesitation despite I'm not really sold on HS.
If this release is popular and sold out everywhere, maybe HT will make a V2 like ahsoka where they will show the new stellar HS compared with this one 🙈

View attachment 704642

Btw when this goes up, I thought this is the only chance to get a Mace Windu HT, so I order without hesitation despite I'm not really sold on HS.
If this release is popular and sold out everywhere, maybe HT will make a V2 like ahsoka where they will show the new stellar HS compared with this one 🙈

So I see. THAT’S what the L in SLJ stands for: Samuel Louis Koo Jackson…OF COURSE!

View attachment 704642

There will definitely be a 2.0 of Mace. It’s just a matter of when. Although, expect it to be the ROTS version, which is about 90% indentical to his AOTC look.

Hot Toys doesn’t like to take this big of hit on the criticism of their sculpts. They may not fix it for this release, as it never goes down like that, but they will make sure to fix it and sell it to you later. Of course, it will be attached to a full figure that you really don’t need, because they’re too greedy to offer up the head by itself, in conjunction with the 2.0 release.

Back