Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure I've seen this before...

b5e00c2db878f3f74daf68b624fd7fa4310e6537.png

Links!! I love spoiling crap I know I'm not gonna see? Is it on reddit or something?

I assume you mean a plot synopsis, not the actual movie.

Links!! I love spoiling crap I know I'm not gonna see? Is it on reddit or something?

I assume you mean a plot synopsis, not the actual movie.
Take it with a grain of salt but I do know someone who is in contact with people in production of the movie and he told me that a lot of the leaks line up with what this guy is saying. But take it with a grain of salt

Here’s another link where the same guy mentions a bit more on the plot. Gotta say, if the ending is true that’s probably the best ending we’ve gotten for a legacy hero these past years. They didn’t Star Wars this at all. What a miracle

Regarding this, one of my guys that has some contact with people in production for that movie told me that George went ahead and signed in as an executive producer on this film. He apparently saw an early screening as well, and wanted to get in on the project too. He apparently loved it. This is the first time he’s went forward and wanted to work on a movie since “Strange Magic” I believe

Here’s another link where the same guy mentions a bit more on the plot. Gotta say, if the ending is true that’s probably the best ending we’ve gotten for a legacy hero these past years. They didn’t Star Wars this at all. What a miracle
The only thing I want to get confirmed (by someone I trust, not a random reddit source) is if he dies or not. If he does, I won't be seeing it. I know, I know... "people die, even heroes, death is a part of life bla bla bla"... but Indy is the type of pulp hero in western storytelling canon that ALWAYS gets away, somehow, to go on adventuring (or in this case... perhaps retirement).

... but Indy is the type of pulp hero in western storytelling canon that ALWAYS gets away, somehow, to go on adventuring (or in this case... perhaps retirement).
I can't imagine a profit-driven mega-corporation would ever cynically dispose of beloved legacy heroes in a perfunctory manner for the purpose of replacing them with algorithmically correct simulacra they want to wedge into pop culture non-organically in an attempt to rerun history and reap massive dividends from children and general audiences.

I can't imagine a profit-driven mega-corporation would ever cynically dispose of beloved legacy heroes in a perfunctory manner for the purpose of replacing them with algorithmically correct simulacra they want to wedge into pop culture non-organically in an attempt to rerun history and reap massive dividends from children and general audiences.

"Please, sit down, Baudrillard, before you fall down. We can at least behave like civilized people."

:lol

Man what a great trailer (though I wish they would use the 'classic' Indy theme tune instead of this newer version). My eyes were watering up as the scenes where he looks younger and back to the Indy of my childhood look superb...I cannot wait.

Looks fun.
Odd hearing Sympathy for the Devil merged with John Williams.

Last edited:
I don't know...between how crap Indy 4 was, not finding Harrison pushing 80 during filming and really never being a fan of time travel stories in general (Endgame, ironically, was the one I actually enjoyed), I really can't get myself excited for this one. I'm glad to see people are looking forward to it after this trailer though.

Terrific, though Rhys-Davies not on the poster is a bit upsetting.
For better or worse I'm here for Mangold's old and grizzled Ford, Rhys-Davies, and Banderas.

7ih513.gif

Those here pining for the inevitable Disney young, ethnic and gender "fixed" re-boot, can just sit this one out. You'll get that drivel soon enough.

Last edited:
Back