InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how some are like "HT are ******** themselves after this" but forgot they are fixing the hair on their BW sculpt, I can probably imagine it's a new sculpt all together. InArt is finally actual competition for them now, this will push them to try harder now when it comes to their releases.
Yeah I can't get totally onboard with the HT hate and mockery just yet. They can be mighty frustrating at times, but still put out a ton of amazing figures each year that l'm totally happy to have in the collection.

Yeah I can't get totally onboard with the HT hate and mockery just yet. They can be mighty frustrating at times, but still put out a ton of amazing figures each year that l'm totally happy to have in the collection.
Yeah there is nothing wrong with their figures. But I understand it's been the same stuff Marvel, Disney stuff all the time you get DC figures here and there but the effort isn't in it if it ain't Batman and the lack of other IPs is frustrating. But hopefully after InArt releases figures from other films (here is hoping) HT steps their game up more.

Preview of their Indy just posted!!!
View attachment 569941

Just kidding, late April Fool's!!!
AFD.jpg

Yeah, I think it’ll look worst from the sides but even then it still looks really good and less unsightly than some of the seams on Hot Toys heads.
Obviously it remains to be seen how much is lost in production with Queen Studios’ 1/6, but as of right now they’re making a really good impression.

Yeah but this is also initial prototype vs initial prototype. The assumption is that Hot Toys only updated theirs in response to QS challenging them, but even if that’s not the case the InArt looks better at the moment.
That is the case. HT sees InArt as an actual competitor, and that is good because that means they can actually put some effort into their figures moving forward.

A lot of the frustration comes when HT makes brilliant sculpts for Grant Loki and Gilgamesh -- Gilgamesh! -- and then poor sculpts for Doc Ock and Peacemaker.

But let's see -- Queen's not old enough to start reusing old sculpts yet.
They have said they will be making a new sculpt for Ock. As for Peacemaker it's sad honestly that they are using that for the figure. But hopefully now they realized if they don't start to do anything about how they handle their releases InArt will swoop in take their customers.

I am curious how the Joker hair will ultimately look... but also, how Queen intends to protect its shape in the box during lengthy travel overseas and the soccer-kicks that FedEx and UPS often do with packages marked "fragile".
Not to worry - the QS shipping department uses their own patented hair gel to keep it in place.

tkrr6.jpg

Sculpted hair looks flawless here. I'm fine with sculpted even on characters with longer hair most of the time.

Ledger's Joker is just different for some reason. To me the sculpted hair never looks right on him, however we'll it's done.

Sculpted hair looks flawless here. I'm fine with sculpted even on characters with longer hair most of the time.

Ledger's Joker is just different for some reason. To me the sculpted hair never looks right on him, however we'll it's done.
Probably because it's an unnatural hair colour, makes it look more cartoony.

I don’t want to stroke fires that might not even exist, but I remember it as a tidbit from those livestreams they did when Joker went up for PO. I can’t point you to a specific one because I’m not sure, but I think it was Justin’s, or the guy’s before him (WillFox something). It makes sense it being a WB property and all, and SA having lost the license in general, but don’t take my word for it as I’m not 100% sure.
Oh if that's the source, then I think I caught that too. I thought you were referring to something else. Though they did add Hermione to one of their polls. Gotta think they're at least interested. Still, not getting my hopes up. HP merch doesn't seem to do well for anyone unless it's Lego or Funko.

Oh if that's the source, then I think I caught that too. I thought you were referring to something else. Though they did add Hermione to one of their polls. Gotta think they're at least interested. Still, not getting my hopes up. HP merch doesn't seem to do well for anyone unless it's Lego or Funko.
Yeah, that was it; sorry for not specifying. I'm not an uberfan myself, but I could go for a good Half-Blood Prince era Harry in his robes. If I get Young Dumbledore & Grindelwald from FB3, it'll be because of the actors. I generally like Sorcerers/Magicians, but HP never drew me as much as I wanted it to. Something was always just missing. I watched the movies, I bought quite a bit of merch, I had a ton of fun with the games, I read a bit of the books, but it didn't "click" with me on the level other IPs did. I guess had I followed the books from the beginning it could've been different.

Still, I do hope they make something because it's a huge brand with tons of fans and it shouldn't sit around with just Star Ace offerings. The Trio, Dumbledore, Snape, Voldemort, Malfoy and possibly LeStrange and Luscius at the very least would sell.

I think because the rooted hair better captures that thinner look his hair had in the movie, and how it fades from green to light brown. No matter how well painted, I've never seen sculpted hair able to duplicate that as well, and even Queen wasn't able to do it.

Pattinson has some pretty dark, thick hair, which a sculpt can capture perfectly well.

I don’t want to stroke fires that might not even exist, but I remember it as a tidbit from those livestreams they did when Joker went up for PO. I can’t point you to a specific one because I’m not sure, but I think it was Justin’s, or the guy’s before him (WillFox something). It makes sense it being a WB property and all, and SA having lost the license in general, but don’t take my word for it as I’m not 100% sure.
It'd make sense for them to do it since WB is their sole licensor that we know of right now. But to be honest, I don't think there's much motion in the world of HP merch any more.

I like how some are like "HT are ******** themselves after this" but forgot they are fixing the hair on their BW sculpt, I can probably imagine it's a new sculpt all together. InArt is finally actual competition for them now, this will push them to try harder now when it comes to their releases.

HT has no competition with QS/IA. They MIGHT, eventualy have competition, but until I see real, mass produced figure that has been handled, reviewed, and put through the paces, there's nothing but an impressive looking Joker prototype. The first rule of this hobby is that the prototype should not be the gauge of the production. The best work can flounder on at that step of producing a figure; if the rumor is true that IA is using the same factory as DAMToys, their figures will be really, really good but won't get close to HT.

With the right production management they may be able to squeeze it up to HT level, but I just don't see that tier of manufacturing suddenly be able to blow past 20+ years of experience in the biz out of the water.

I want to be wrong, I want to see some insane leap in product quality here that brings 1/6 to the next level, but prototypes are essentially empty promises, even from HT. I can't expect more from IA until they deliver. And I have money on the line here saying this, I've POd Joker, I'm not just making these statements from the sidelines.

It'd make sense for them to do it since WB is their sole licensor that we know of right now. But to be honest, I don't think there's much motion in the world of HP merch any more.

HT has no competition with QS/IA. They MIGHT, eventualy have competition, but until I see real, mass produced figure that has been handled, reviewed, and put through the paces, there's nothing but an impressive looking Joker prototype. The first rule of this hobby is that the prototype should not be the gauge of the production. The best work can flounder on at that step of producing a figure; if the rumor is true that IA is using the same factory as DAMToys, their figures will be really, really good but won't get close to HT.

With the right production management they may be able to squeeze it up to HT level, but I just don't see that tier of manufacturing suddenly be able to blow past 20+ years of experience in the biz out of the water.

I want to be wrong, I want to see some insane leap in product quality here that brings 1/6 to the next level, but prototypes are essentially empty promises, even from HT. I can't expect more from IA until they deliver. And I have money on the line here saying this, I've POd Joker, I'm not just making these statements from the sidelines.
Completely agreed. Its only a prototype.... Lmao

HT has had some really good prototypes in the past to get your preorder monies but the final figure left a lot to be desired.

QS is still new so time will tell whether or not their promise is over or under delivered.

I'm noticing that they failed to show a view from the back of his head. In the case of the joker, this is where entry was made for the movable eye system. It looks a bit like his hair may support that function here, as well.

View attachment 569935
View attachment 569936
Yup. It’s interesting to me too that they’ve sculpted the head tilted slightly upward on the neck. I wonder how that’s going to look on the body.

With the head obviously being held on with a magnet, I hope there'll still at least be a joint at the base of the neck for posing and tilting the head. I would find it very restricting if it was a fixed neck and we'd only be able to turn the head side to side...

Back