JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Live pic of me JNDizing myself to this thread (I ******* love this picture)

1707111993231.png

More important question is given each Artisan, IA, JND Jokers were each $450, which would you buy? Of the three offerings, having HT on order and JND, while also having rooted IA. I’d pick JND if I can only pick one and if price were the same. What would be your choice? Curious if the value which seems obvious is the main reason for the negativity when comparing dollar for dollar and the whole ‘sculpt should be better for that price.’

IA is a great overall package. Having a JND statue and silicone next to the QS 1/3 and 1/4 Joker, you really can't beat the realism of the silicone. QS sculptors need to work for JND. Or QS needs to use silicone more on their smaller scales. Either way, would be interesting to see if the price is the biggest factor as to why the negativity for this and future Kojun Works figures. I agree the prices are high.

Let's be honest: it's the best joker ever created? Yes. Expensive? Yes, it is. Is it worth it if you have any other including innart? For me, yes.
Neck, face, shoulders... no debate. It's not perfect but it's the best joker ever made.

5157E413-AD63-4CEF-8AE8-ED255E67568A.png

Last edited:
More important question is given each Artisan, IA, JND Jokers were each $450, which would you buy? Of the three offerings, having HT on order and JND, while also having rooted IA. I’d pick JND if I can only pick one and if price were the same. What would be your choice? Curious if the value which seems obvious is the main reason for the negativity when comparing dollar for dollar and the whole ‘sculpt should be better for that price.’
Good question. Of course, given that InArt is the only one in hand at this point, it can't be a fair comparison just yet.
So I'll base my comparison on the prototypes.
All three have different strengths IMO.

For the face, taking into account expression and likeness, I prefer HT at the moment. I like the attitude and deviation from the "intense stare" of the other two.

For overall realism, I prefer InArt. It looks most like a miniature human being. Their photography does help here. I find their proportions are the closest to Heath Ledger and overall most realistic.
HT looks the most like a toy to me. JND looks very realistic from afar, but the sculpt is too textured in close ups.

For innovation and articulation, I prefer JND. The seamless articulated neck, aside from the risks it may bring, is awesome for posing. It gives you that extra edge in subtle posing that fixed necks simply can't do.

In terms of hair, I also prefer the InArt, at least based on the prototype. Its production wasn't nearly as good, but HT and JND have yet to prove themselves here. Also, HT's hair looks too puffy, so they are not off to a good start.

If I had to choose, purely based on the prototype, I would actually still go with InArt. But it did get downgraded in production.
If JND can tone down the texture and keep the paint and hair quality in production, he might beat InArt for me.

As a sidenote, HT really needs to step up their photography game. Their pictures make the figure look like a toy, especially compared to the other two.

276053001_2043785115799158_1400525046945580957_n__74382.jpg

20231215_163049_078.jpg
the-joker-artisan-edition_dc-comics_gallery_64c304d9af359.jpg

very great points @agonistes86 :clap

For me, I'd go with HT Artisan if I had to choose one and everything was equal in this speculative instance. I prefer it overall top to bottom, but my experience with the InArt is much different than the majority. The main things I like about the InArt are the metal guns, hand and glove sculpts and the super nicely done suspenders which are better than any previous attempt be it official or custom IMO.

In lieu of getting the JND, I will eventually send my InArt sculpts to Heise to get repainted with the hair redone and will probably do the same for the HT head. I'm also contemplating getting a metal version of the pocket knife done by FullMetal/Metal John. It'll probably cost me as much as the JND C-Set when all is said and done :lol :thud:

Last edited:
Let's be honest: it's the best joker ever created? Yes. Expensive? Yes, it is. Is it worth it if you have any other including innart? For me, yes.
Neck, face, shoulders... no debate. It's not perfect but it's the best joker ever made.

View attachment 688479
I agree with what you said, I am highly impressed when I see this video.. but let's add "so far" instead of "ever created" or "ever made".
Don't dismiss the possibility of a Robosen animatronic Joker, that will cost as much as a small house.

View attachment 688479

The prototype may be, but those production pieces…..

I agree with what you said, I am highly impressed when I see this video.. but let's add "so far" instead of "ever created" or "ever made".
Don't dismiss the possibility of a Robosen animatronic Joker, that will cost as much as a small house.
Not to be finicky but adding ‘so far’ is kind of redundant.

To say something in the best ever doesn’t discount the possibility that it can be topped in the future.

Best ever= best so far.
Best there will ever be= no room for improvement.

For example, there’s no need to say ‘X is the tallest skyscraper in the world- so far’ or ‘Usain Bolt is the fastest sprinter of all time- so far.’

Back