InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, HT posted that? Hm, that bodes well. I'll be seriously tempted, I'll tell you that. QS said in that livestream that they don't have any plans for FB figures, but have "something cool in store" for HP, so I don't have to worry about them making better figures later. And if HT went after the license it's because Howard likes it instead of just chasing the money, so they'll turn out great, as their pet favourites usually do.

druk-another-round.gif

It's an abstract kind of feeling to be more excited about two guys in coats and vests from a movie I don't care about, simply because of the actors, over figures I've had in my wishlist for years...

Now QS has to show their Gandalf and Paul. They got Pattinson's fine features just right, so I'm anxious to see how they handle Chalamet's face too. They seem to be having a lot of fun with the messy, strand-y longer hair, so even sculpted Paul will look very anime-y. Man, I wasn't planning on getting a Battinson from the first flick, but this HS is making me rethink it...

yep, officially regret pre-ordering Hot Toys Batman bundle now. If Queens is slated to come out before Hot Toys, which is probably likely considering HT massive backlog, I might need to eat the NRD.
I'm glad I PO'd Batman and the Signal separately. I might end up cancelling Batman and going with this one. Thing is, though, QS and HT can compete all day over Bruce sculpts, but it is the presentation of Batman that will make up my mind.

Woah! Queen said they're doing Harry Potter figures?! Big upgrade from Star Ace. Hoping for Deathly Hallows figures.
I don’t want to stroke fires that might not even exist, but I remember it as a tidbit from those livestreams they did when Joker went up for PO. I can’t point you to a specific one because I’m not sure, but I think it was Justin’s, or the guy’s before him (WillFox something). It makes sense it being a WB property and all, and SA having lost the license in general, but don’t take my word for it as I’m not 100% sure.

Man, if this is how good the unmasked Bruce sculpt is, I can’t wait to see the head with his cowl on. I’m sure it’ll be great.

I wonder if they’ll include alternate faceplates for different expressions, like Hot Toys?

I'm noticing that they failed to show a view from the back of his head. In the case of the joker, this is where entry was made for the movable eye system. It looks a bit like his hair may support that function here, as well.

head1.jpeg

head2.jpeg

Based on these pics, I'm perfectly good with the sculpted hair on this. The rooted hair I imagine is going to look a bit flatter (much like on their 1/3 sculpt) and be trickier to style just right like we see here.

I like how some are like "HT are ******** themselves after this" but forgot they are fixing the hair on their BW sculpt, I can probably imagine it's a new sculpt all together. InArt is finally actual competition for them now, this will push them to try harder now when it comes to their releases.

I didn't notice that until now. Very well hidden.
Yeah, I think it’ll look worst from the sides but even then it still looks really good and less unsightly than some of the seams on Hot Toys heads.
Obviously it remains to be seen how much is lost in production with Queen Studios’ 1/6, but as of right now they’re making a really good impression.
I like how some are like "HT are ******** themselves after this" but forgot they are fixing the hair on their BW sculpt, I can probably imagine it's a new sculpt all together. InArt is finally actual competition for them now, this will push them to try harder now when it comes to their releases.
Yeah but this is also initial prototype vs initial prototype. The assumption is that Hot Toys only updated theirs in response to QS challenging them, but even if that’s not the case the InArt looks better at the moment.

Back