JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While customs generally look better because care and attention to detail AND smaller runs, good luck selling those at cost. Most customs I see after the fact that people sell are well below what they paid. Sad but it is what is. Always easier to sell a licensed piece versus a custom. We'll see how this figure turns out, but the price really is the driving negative factor.
That's why you buy with the intention to keep. You're less likely to make an impulsive purchase when you consider the higher cost. But you can still get scammed. Sigh.

Never ending though, there will always be custom run suits, heads, shoes, painters, people spending a small fortune on Adam Gu sculpts, or Bobby C. Now it's Viper and other artists. Never stops haha. Just like this JND may be the best mass produced Licensed sculpt (subjective) but will still be less than the many consistent custom joker offerings. We will see. I like how the customs look, but I can't fathom spending multiple times those prices just to have another custom run made better. We all know the tech will get better and accuracy as well.

Never ending though, there will always be custom run suits, heads, shoes, painters, people spending a small fortune on Adam Gu sculpts, or Bobby C. Now it's Viper and other artists. Never stops haha. Just like this JND may be the best mass produced Licensed sculpt (subjective) but will still be less than the many consistent custom joker offerings. We will see. I like how the customs look, but I can't fathom spending multiple times those prices just to have another custom run made better. We all know the tech will get better and accuracy as well.
True. I think you have to draw the line somewhere and learn to appreciate what you have, or you'll be stuck in that perpetual cycle. It all comes down to the individual and what they're looking to get out of a certain character. But I think the improvements between custom runs will be marginal, whereas between customs and licensed figures, it's considerable.

That being said, I want to delve into putting together a custom Joker, as the desire has stayed with me for a long time, and the interest hasn't waned with what the companies have offered. But that doesn't mean having a custom will make me think any less of my Inart Joker. I still love that figure. And the thing with this character is he warrants having multiple figures for all that you can do with him. Inart will remain my clean looking mob scene Joker, whereas the custom will be the darker, more distressed looking hit me Joker.

But I think Heath Ledgers Joker brings out the best of what this craft can be. After collecting for so long, I've sort of reached an endgame. It's good to leave off with something truly special.

Well said. I hope you can make the ultimate Joker and settle. I love my IA Joker too. Between that, HT Artisan and this JND I’ll end up bashing my ultimate Joker lol. Always a struggle and I’m guilty of the never ending too. I’d love to stop haha. Post pics of the journey and good luck man!

Back