InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa. Hot Toys ought to be worried by that sculpt.
View attachment 569906
Left is brooding Pattinson. Right is is Pattinson after a depressive episode and a week full of burger and drug binging that left him catatonic.

I've gotta say, after Peacemaker, Ock & Goblin, the lazy Moon Knight costume and now this, my confidence in HT is dropping... I'm trimming my wishlists more and more to just the essentials from the MCU/SW, while I'm excited to see what QS does in general.

HT hasn't blown me away with must have figures in a long time. They're so stale now and there isn't much excitement in knowing anything you see is literally 2 years away.
I don't mind the longer waits as it helps me money-wise, but yeah, I feel you on the boring releases bit. I have to say, 2022 isn't shaping up the way I expected it. ROTS Flashbacks in Kenobi seem unlikely at this point, so I'll have to kiss my hopes of ROTS Anakin/Obi-Wan bye-bye. Maaaayve we'll get CW Generals Skywalker & Kenobi, but that's it. A Vader surely. The MK they showed is underwhelming, and with how slow they are even if half the DS2 rumoured cameos are in, even if they made them, it'd take them until 2023+ to even put them up for PO.

Well, the good thing is that I'm spending less. But considering I was hyped since the show was announced to finally get an MK figure and it's here but I feel nothing, whereas I'm anxious to see QS' Paul when he was announced literally about a month ago, it's rather sad.

Isn't that sad about Disney Star Wars? All the pieces are in place, you have an image in your head, and it still disappoints you.

If they **** Obi-Wan up I am done with them and Star Wars.

I can't wait to see Paul too. The Blitzway sculpt is nuts and seeing their Bruce Wayne today is a good sign of human likenesses that aren't buried under clown makeup.

Isn't that sad about Disney Star Wars? All the pieces are in place, you have an image in your head, and it still disappoints you.

If they **** Obi-Wan up I am done with them and Star Wars.
Everything about current SW is sad...

I'll still keep an eye out for dolls, but I've been done with their SW for some time now. I just consooom the content to keep up because it's pretty low in numbers. 6 or so episodes at maybe 40 minutes, coupled with 2x speed, and I spend more time in the bathroom each week. They haven't even announced any movies in years. Hell, they're making a show about an OC Sith girl instead of adaptaing the Palpatine/Plagueis novel. Nothing about DisWars makes sense or is exciting. If I get some cool dolls out of the shows, good. If not... Eh. I'm expecting nothing and merely approaching it all as a source of merch.

I can't wait to see Paul too. The Blitzway sculpt is nuts and seeing their Bruce Wayne today is a good sign of human likenesses that aren't buried under clown makeup.
Yeah, their new Battinson HS really gave me even more confidence. Which is kind of a monkey's paw, since now I can't be as excited for the DS2 figures that I was eagerly anticipating, because I'm that disappointed with HT.

Ok this one got me haha

34E32ED4-B7BA-4953-BA49-99BEC4720091.png

I just wanna see a great new Strange sculpt and Wong and Mordo finally.

I'm not getting hyped by any potential cameo figures because it'll be months before HT announces them if at all and then 2 years to wait.

A HT Xavier would be sweet though. Patrick Stewart is one of those actors whose figures I just have to get no matter the franchise. Exo 6's new Locutus is looking pretty sweet.
94C72DC7-B56D-4759-9AC3-7493ADF5CE6F.jpeg

yes I know how you feel. But im willing to lose my NRD for a better figure. It is the price we pay for a superior product. I will however order the bat signal if i cancel my original HT bundle. Now I'd be super thrilled if queen studios bundles the batman, batcycle, and batmobile then its a no brainer. Just will make monthly payments via spec fiction
yep, officially regret pre-ordering Hot Toys Batman bundle now. If Queens is slated to come out before Hot Toys, which is probably likely considering HT massive backlog, I might need to eat the NRD.

I was out on the Hot Toys figure even before the Queen figure but I'm still getting the Hot Toys Batcycle and Bat Signal. Assuming Queen doesn't make one

I just wanna see a great new Strange sculpt and Wong and Mordo finally.

I'm not getting hyped by any potential cameo figures because it'll be months before HT announces them if at all and then 2 years to wait.

A HT Xavier would be sweet though.
I don't know if Wong and Mordo have any chances considering how far behind HT are, how many Strange variants the movie has, and how many cameos of bigger names are rumoured. Their costumes certainly would make for great figures, but is there room for them? We'll see. Beyond Strange, Wanda and I think Xavier are locks. I hope we get a Reed if he's in it, even if he goes up for PO 6 months later. I'll need an extra one for my Illuminati display, even if I get the entire MCU FF later.

Patrick Stewart is one of those actors whose figures I just have to get no matter the franchise.
Me I'll be tempted in that fashion if HT makes FB3 figures of Jude Law and Mads Mikkelsen. I don't care about the movies/property at all, but finely tailored suits and Jude Law and Mads Mikkelsen will be hard to resist. It's especially irritating that both got wasted by the MCU, I'll tell you that. Law would've been a GOAT Kang... But I don't know if I have any favourite actors that I'd buy in figure format no matter what. I love me some Bale, but I'm not going to buy a Gorr, even if they make him. I love DaFoe, but I'm not buying that plastic, toy-looking Goblin. I'd like to own a Colin Farrell, but I'm probably not going to shell out 300$ on a Penguin. There are many more examples. The uber-stars like Cruise, Depp and the such. The old classics like Pacino, DeNiro and Denzel. And many, many more.

There are a whole lot of actors I like, is my point. Some of them that I'll watch any movie just because they appear in it. But any that I'd drop 300$ on the spot no matter the character? I honestly don't know.

Exo 6's new Locutus is looking pretty sweet.
View attachment 569912
I want a Spock and Kirk, but Exo-6's quality doesn't seem up to par for me. I can't justify the money either, as they ship too fast, I can't find them anywhere near me and Kit doesn't carry them, so I have to eat taxes+shipping and also their price in a 4-6 month timespan, on top of everything else. I just can't justify HT prices for them. I'll wait until some bigger name company nabs the license in a couple of years; I can wait.

Fantastic Beasts 3 is out next Friday in the UK and on the 15th in the US. I would say we will see Jude Law and Mads in the next two weeks.

Whoa. Hot Toys ought to be worried by that sculpt.
View attachment 569906
They’re both really good! I think the angle and movable eyes is giving the advantage to Queen here; all of those images are at weird angles that make direct comparisons really hard right now.

I am loving the sculpted stubble on the face and neck of Queens - that’s really impressive. The paintwork is good but looks a little blotchy and unnatural compared to the more blended look of Hot Toys. The hair on Queens could really use some more paint too as it’s pretty flat.

Fantastic Beasts 3 is out next Friday in the UK and on the 15th in the US. I would say we will see Jude Law and Mads in the next two weeks.
Let's hope. I think they only did FB2 because Depp was in it and Howard loves Depp, so I don't know if they'll surely tackle FB3. But I love the outfits both have in the film, so if the year is truly as barren as it's shaping up, I might just pull the trigger. Then get a spare Jude HS from eBay and stick it on my Kang in 2025... I'm torn between him and Bale for my Kang dolly. The problem is, even if I bought a Jude Law Dumbledore, where would I put him? Maybe have him just represent HP as a whole, but I can't say I care much, and if I did, I'd rather get an adult Harry. Mads I'll stick with my Marvel Wizards, and pretend he's Dormammu with a human Avatar. Maybe start an interest thread later in the other site to see if anyone would be down for a Mads-based Dormammu head.

g1unqptx4okz.png

If I use Law's head for my Kang, I could just pretend he's MCU Nathaniel in civilian clothes. He does look like the source.

kangdynasty3.jpg
jude-law-fantastic-beasts-3-1639149463.jpg

I'm still mad about MCU Kang and both Law and Mads getting wasted, yes...

They’re both really good! I think the angle and movable eyes is giving the advantage to Queen here; all of those images are at weird angles that make direct comparisons really hard right now.

I am loving the sculpted stubble on the face and neck of Queens - that’s really impressive. The paintwork is good but looks a little blotchy and unnatural compared to the more blended look of Hot Toys. The hair on Queens could really use some more paint too as it’s pretty flat.
That jumped out at me too. I don't know if they'll be able to mass produce it, but it sure jumps out. As for the blotchy paint the Iconiq Bateman had the same thing going on but they haven't released any updated pics for us to see how that turned out.

Ok this one got me haha

View attachment 569911
they changed only the hair..

"To stay faithful in characters’ screen-appearance, Hot Toys team has invested significant time and effort into refining tiny details on prototype figures, including the 1/6th Batman collectible figure from The Batman collection series.

The updated Bruce Wayne Head Sculpt brings variations in his hair sculpture, which reflects our extreme requirements with delicate and lifelike details.

We can’t wait to show more! Follow us for the latest news!"
277676130_10158536460922344_4605989744263758505_n.jpg

"

I am pretty sure QS set themselves apart from competition by offering rooted hair.
Its not something HT normally does, especially with their Joker figures of past.

By doing rooted hair, and doing it well, it gives QS that edge and take some market share.
Its their differentiator.

All a business play. Offer something not normally done outside of customs.
Quality 1/6 Khyron/Kamjin, Miriya/Millia, Azonia/Laplamiz, Zor Prime/Seifreid Weiss and Klan Klein figures would all rock with rooted hair. As would Ishtar.
Pity we will never see them as 1/6 figures.

Back