Hot Toys: Batman 85 Years Announcement Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it's not the 85th anniversary of any of those movies. They announced about four movie Batman figures last year so how would more movie figures be any different? Has to be something more specific.

But Hot Toys owns the license through Warner Bros. . . . who make the movies.

Also “HONŌ this, HONŌ that”. Hono is literally just a Hot Toys sub brand, not another studio. They say “artistic interpretation” but it’s just a fancy way of saying they’re doing comic style toys. Honō means FLAME, HOT Toys 🔥. It’s like their stupid “ARTisan” line, a gimmick to come off as trendy.

It would be awesome to get realistic versions of Golden Age Batman, Silver Age Batman, Neal Adams, Jim Lee, Jim Aparo, Dick Sprang, Frank Miller and Bruce Timm but that’s not what they’re doing. Just like ARTisan is a response to InArt, HONO is a response to Mezco, hence the emphasis on being affordable and comic inspired. If Batman gets HONO’d, they’re going to look like 12” versions of these,

8271A3F4-5450-4C85-8B17-87B4DB194B67.jpeg

4644A77F-59D2-4EFF-9360-AFEC5BB1E378.jpeg
F862D7E7-49BC-4000-A161-E089A1992CC7.jpeg
E38AFCDA-06CA-4841-B40B-5D5BF8E78400.jpeg
2BA96B16-BCD8-41EE-820A-769ABC65DF75.jpeg
B7AAF9AF-7A77-4F6B-A251-3C642A39B54A.jpeg
1ED3561E-312B-492C-BC63-F4A5C9EB940C.jpeg
66E0EDA3-6A7D-41A6-B1B8-2CED0B123026.jpeg

That’s exactly what Wolverine and Spider-Man have been,

670AE487-7570-467C-85D7-47D1B965FC2A.jpeg

3BEB7340-6F1C-45FC-9DCD-9BCE9BC658E9.jpeg

F159AF6A-A676-4819-A681-FEFCF33BAFEC.jpeg

0902E62A-1F4B-40B8-8375-0610D420524A.jpeg

Last edited:
Hmm. I think it would be foolish and lazy for them to just do a whole bunch of movie figures...unless it's non-Batman figures like Batman Returns Catwoman or Penguin because they've already done Batman himself ad nauseum; to do more repeat Batmans in a single year just seems like too much. Especially when Batman Forever didn't really sell out.

I'm expecting more comic or video game style when it comes to Batman himself. That's the only thing that would catch my interest or like the villains as I described above.

I'm open to anything Batman be it villains or Allies. Though if I would want anything from Arkhamverse it would be Origins Batman that batsuit had to be the coolest. And also a post Arkham City Batman or Asylum Batman.

But it's not the 85th anniversary of any of those movies. They announced about four movie Batman figures last year so how would more movie figures be any different? Has to be something more specific.
1704150191701.jpeg

If this can represent the 100th anniversary of Warner Bros, Batman Returns figures can be released on Batman’s 85th birthday.

View attachment 681615

If this can represent the 100th anniversary of Warner Bros, Batman Returns figures can be released on Batman’s 85th birthday.
Yep. Something like that is why I’m not counting on 85th Anniversary of Batman meaning something tied to the comics. I’m betting it’ll be movie figures or repaints.

But Hot Toys owns the license through Warner Bros. . . . who make the movies.

Also “HONŌ this, HONŌ that”. Hono is literally just a Hot Toys sub brand, not another studio. They say “artistic interpretation” but it’s just a fancy way of saying they’re doing comic style toys. Honō means FLAME, HOT Toys 🔥. It’s like their stupid “ARTisan” line, a gimmick to come off as trendy.

It would be awesome to get realistic versions of Golden Age Batman, Silver Age Batman, Neal Adams, Jim Lee, Jim Aparo, Dick Sprang, Frank Miller and Bruce Timm but that’s not what they’re doing. Just like ARTisan is a response to InArt, HONO is a response to Mezco, hence the emphasis on being affordable and comic inspired. If Batman gets HONO’d, they’re going to look like 12” versions of these,

Honestly, the first thing I remember when they announce their comic spiderman is how it looks like 12"mezco but their first spiderman 🤦
It might be tempting if it was at hono wolverine price.

I just hope if they decide to make their comic dc/batman, it will looks like an improved SSR. Btw, talking about SSR, their gaslight batman priced much lower than their usual

What I want: A real Batman Begins, Batman 92 Catwoman and Penguin, some comic book Batman figures

What we will get: The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight, and of course, a Batman that hot toys has never done…THE DARK KNIGHT. All in a variety of fun colors.

What is the point of them doing a Ra’s after all these years when their Batman looks like this?

1AAEC1BA-7887-4976-A352-710747D07E51.jpeg

That's why I don't like Bale.

This city... (inhale)... just showed you... (inhale)...
I dont know who told him he needed to change his voice from Begins as I thought that was good enough. But then, he just went really ******* stupid with it. The voice and on top of one of the most ridiculous batman suits put on film, its a mystery why i like the dark knight so much.

Back