[iminime] / Trevor Grove - The Cowboy ~ FULL REVEAL ~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [iminime] / Trevor Grove - *Secret Project* The Cowboy

anyone knows what the DX may contain?
Yes... but everything will be revealed with time. The Project is still under works and you all will be updated with all information that Denny releases...

Axe I think it should be a standard adopted practice to open to vip preorder for theee days before going on sale to general public as it accomplishes several things. It creates exclusivity and desirability and anticipation not just in the product being offered but in the VIP membership Many more will likely sign up to VIP membership of things like this are done. Also small gifts like the zombie girl should go to VIPs only and not random.
I agree with you, and I was one of those who put that policy specially when I headed the Demon figure where I asked Denny for a forum exclusive 3 day preorder window for the freaks who had initially signed up. But Im also kind of not a fan of exclusivity in a way... and if a window like that is announced I would like Denny to segregate certain DX sets to be available during normal preorder so that normal guys too dont feel lost out. I know VIPs want the perks, but its just my personal feeling that the regular guys too should get a shot...

But no fear, I will talk to Denny about this... the proto completion will still take time so all these will be clearly considered... there is a long way left for this so he will surely consider all of this once the project proto is near completion.

Last edited:

Well I would appreciate the clarification axe. I did send him an e-mail, so he may respond directly anyway. Here is where my impression of price came from:

This is going to be a masterpiece......and probably way beyond my small budget. :(

No fear, it wont be as high as some of the other artists, it will be a little more expensive from Iminime's usual prices though...
Based on your tone, I was thinking maybe $150 more than a typical release (which would be 50% more expensive), but let's make a high-end assumption. Iminime's typical figures are around $300-350. Rainman's full sets are $800. So if this is, say, $500-600 (upwards of twice as much, which I would consider more than a little more expensive personally), I don't think that will dissuade many people personally, particularly if it is all you guys are saying it will be. I hope I'm wrong about being worried, but y'know, I do love me some Sergio Leone (and Eastwood). Ultimately, I hope there is enough to go around and allow everyone who wants one to get one, but. . .I will be greedy and say that I want the fancy DX for myself, no matter what it is :D

I think Wake's idea of a 3 day window is a good one.

:lol If its any help, I personally have saved around $500 for the DX set and ofcourse I have backup incase its more.. if its less all the better for me.

Now lets just hope the USD doesnt keep rising, this $500 used to be $600 few months back :lecture

Nice little speech there, Marf. How about some credit to ShortRound for the initial idea? I don't see him mentioned anywhere while you are receiving all the glory. Hell, how about some credit for introducing you to the Eastwood movies last year? A little shout out is due, at least.

:lol:lol:lol

A little shout out is due, at least.

Introducing me, seriously? You would have to live in a cave to not be aware of Clint Eastwood's Sergio Leon movies. But yeah, he did give me the push I needed to FINALLY watch them. And the idea was joint... I was trying to think of projects to get Trevor and iminimi working together...Hector suggested Blondie since I was looking into custom parts.

Oh, and I've put in hours of work over the last few months coordinating this project, but you wouldn't have any idea about that.

Oh man. This will be a masterpiece!

Rick Grimes....Enterbay Jordan....and now Clint....guess i'll say goodbye to Hot Toys for awhile....well till at least Joker comes out. And to think i dropped $170 on a Blondie outfit set from Stevo months ago....:slap

I thought you said joker was "played out"....playa? And that you've had "enough of the joker"

I thought you said joker was "played out"....playa? And that you've had "enough of the joker"

True....but after seeing the sculpts and how they went about with this one...i opened my mouth to fast....which happens a lot i admit...lol

Denny should increase the DX to 30 and lower the regular offering to 40. Or better yet 35 each across the board. Iminime is not an "exclusivity" brand, so it would help to make enough to satisfy the demand evenly. I'm guessing 2 sculpts since the teaser pic looks like hatless Clint.

Denny should increase the DX to 30 and lower the regular offering to 40. Or better yet 35 each across the board. I'm guessing 2 sculpts since the teaser pic looks like hatless Clint.

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

Denny should increase the DX to 30 and lower the regular offering to 40. Or better yet 35 each across the board. Iminime is not an "exclusivity" brand, so just make enough to satisfy the demand evenly. I'm guessing 2 sculpts since the teaser pic looks like hatless Clint.
The force is strong with you I must say... most impressive!

A little shout out is due, at least.

Sorry for getting catty Ed, you put me on the defensive with the tone of your post. But you're right, I edited my post to give credit where it is due. :duff

I approached Denny (at the suggestion of my good friend Hector AKA Shortround) about the possibility of a Blondie figure (with Trevor sculpting the portrait, of course) and he agreed! A few conversations with Trevor later...it was go time. :yess:

Denny should increase the DX to 30 and lower the regular offering to 40. Or better yet 35 each across the board. Iminime is not an "exclusivity" brand, so it would help to make enough to satisfy the demand evenly. I'm guessing 2 sculpts since the teaser pic looks like hatless Clint.

I agree with this 100%. This one is a grail for me, and the better chance of securing a DX, the better. Also, as someone who's never had any prior experience with IMINIME, how does this system work, exactly? Does Denny have a site? Do I have to register for anything? Any help would be very much appreciated.

I agree with this 100%. This one is a grail for me, and the better chance of securing a DX, the better. Also, as someone who's never had any prior experience with IMINIME, how does this system work, exactly? Does Denny have a site? Do I have to register for anything? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Yes Iminime has a site https://www.iminime.net/ register with them so that once preorder opens all you have to do is log in, place the order and checkout :)

Sorry for getting catty Ed, you put me on the defensive with the tone of your post. But you're right, I edited my post to give credit where it is due. :duff

Where's my credit?? I first approached Trev about this portrait in 2009. :nana:

Back