[iminime] / Trevor Grove - The Cowboy ~ FULL REVEAL ~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [iminime] / Trevor Grove - *Secret Project* The Cowboy

Thanks for reminding me of that, I just sent Denny an email asking to reserve a DX set. :yess:
That was the first thing I thought when I saw this thread! I don't even need to see anything else to pre-order. I know all I need to know.

Marf, thanks for organizing this. I'm a huge fan of Trevors so this just 'made my day'.

Just have to look out for the date everything starts up....

wasn't Denny suppose to reveal more pics by now???..its been like YEARS since we saw any update on this.....SMH....:monkey1

Rainman actually doesn't limit DX figures to VIPs. It's just that they get first dibs. . .which from my understanding is how Denny's VIP system also works.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4731488&postcount=1

"- During Membership period VIPs can preorder any of the projects from iminime sculpt team during their valid membership period regardless of the preorder window being opened. i.e Members can reserve their order even before preorder period opens."
Actually yes with the VIP system you can preorder the product before preorder opens but not really reserve anything or confirm a preorder before the prices and specs are disclosed.

VIP's benefit with the deal as they can preorder immideately once prices are announced irrespective of the preorder date and time which may be some time from announcement of the pricing.

It seems like Lector (and Ripley if I recall correctly) both failed to have prices listed before they came up for order on his site. Which would make that component of the VIP membership pretty useless. I'm guessing he's going to take an alternative approach to this release? Maybe at least announce when he will announce price :lol So VIPs can get in when the getting is good? We paid for perks, and this is the kind of situation where I was really anticipating it paying off.

It seems like Lector (and Ripley if I recall correctly) both failed to have prices listed before they came up for order on his site. Which would make that component of the VIP membership pretty useless. I'm guessing he's going to take an alternative approach to this release? Maybe at least announce when he will announce price :lol So VIPs can get in when the getting is good?

Yup. This is true as far as I know

It seems like Lector (and Ripley if I recall correctly) both failed to have prices listed before they came up for order on his site. Which would make that component of the VIP membership pretty useless. I'm guessing he's going to take an alternative approach to this release? Maybe at least announce when he will announce price :lol So VIPs can get in when the getting is good? We paid for perks, and this is the kind of situation where I was really anticipating it paying off.

Honesty there should be a VIP preorder period. 2 days or so before it goes on sale to general public.

It seems like Lector (and Ripley if I recall correctly) both failed to have prices listed before they came up for order on his site. Which would make that component of the VIP membership pretty useless. I'm guessing he's going to take an alternative approach to this release? Maybe at least announce when he will announce price :lol So VIPs can get in when the getting is good?
There will probably be something... this release is very different from their usual stuff. Most of the time I noticed the VIP membership was used to secure sculpts which were not available otherwise not really usd to preorder figures.

People really shouldnt get paranoid about losing out on getting a set.... 20 DX sets and 50 full sets is no joke... and the prices wont be the usual $350+ bracket and will be much higher so I think people shouldnt really get paranoid about securing a set in time. Plus with the fact that many already have so many bashes of the character means Im sure everyone who wants in will get one figure...

axe makes a good point....but i'll horde my money anyways in preparation to throw it at denny while screaming..."JUST TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!!!"....:)

Glad to wake up and see such a favorable response so far! :hi5:

This figure is a symbol for everything I love about this hobby. I wanted a Blondie figure, but 1 - wasn't prepared to drop the asking price for the existing customs out there, and 2 - as many know, I'm a much bigger Trevor Grove than Rainman fan.

Denny had just brought me onto the Neo/Smith project, when I decided to test the waters...I approached Denny about the possibility of a Blondie figure (with Trevor sculpting the portrait, of course) and he agreed! A few conversations with Trevor later...it was go time. :yess:

Seeing the impact a little initiative can have in this hobby is very rewarding, especially when it culminates in what is sure to be the definitive version of this incredibly iconic character.

I've been working with Denny these last several months on this project, and every aspect of the figure that has been completed thus far has been done with excellence. There will be no disappointment here!

I truly cannot wait to reveal the entire sculpt. To borrow Kill Bill vernacular...if you're gonna compare a Trevor sculpt, you compare it to every other sculpt ever made... that wasn't made by Trevor Grove....but I have to say, this is definitely some of his best work. And those of you that know his work...that's saying a lot. There will be no mistaking the sculpt for anything other than what it is intended to be. It is 110% MWNN/Manco/Blondie. :)

Nice little speech there, Marf. How about some credit to ShortRound for the initial idea? I don't see him mentioned anywhere while you are receiving all the glory. Hell, how about some credit for introducing you to the Eastwood movies last year? A little shout out is due, at least.

:lol:lol:lol

A little shout out is due, at least.

Nice little speech there, Marf. How about some credit to ShortRound for the initial idea? I don't see him mentioned anywhere while you are receiving all the glory. Hell, how about some credit for introducing you to the Eastwood movies last year? A little shout out is due, at least.

:lol:lol:lol

A little shout out is due, at least.

They'll be better. :monkey3

:lol Sure you will know... You did have a great idea Hector :wink1:

:) :1-1: :hi5:

There will probably be something... this release is very different from their usual stuff. Most of the time I noticed the VIP membership was used to secure sculpts which were not available otherwise not really usd to preorder figures.

People really shouldnt get paranoid about losing out on getting a set.... 20 DX sets and 50 full sets is no joke... and the prices wont be the usual $350+ bracket and will be much higher so I think people shouldnt really get paranoid about securing a set in time. Plus with the fact that many already have so many bashes of the character means Im sure everyone who wants in will get one figure...
But I thought the price wasn't going to be that much higher than previous releases? Unless it is Rainman-level price (around $1,000), I would not expect price to be a huge deterrent for most custom collectors. And 20 DX sets is very much paranoia-worthy if you ask me for a character like this with Grove involved, so I do hope Denny doesn't change the nature of the agreement as stated in your other thread (which is very straight-forward and unambiguous on the pre-order front). If so, at least give VIPs some opportunity to take advantage of one of the perks they paid for. The sculpts thing is nice, but the VIP had 3 separate components, and this is one of them.

I wanted a Blondie figure, but 1 - wasn't prepared to drop the asking price for the existing customs out there

and the prices wont be the usual $350+ bracket and will be much higher

Hmmmmm

:dunno

I will be awaiting the final price with much anticipation.

But I thought the price wasn't going to be that much higher than previous releases? Unless it is Rainman-level price (around $1,000), I would not expect price to be a huge deterrent for most custom collectors. And 20 DX sets is very much paranoia-worthy if you ask me for a character like this with Grove involved, so I do hope Denny doesn't change the nature of the agreement as stated in your other thread (which is very straight-forward and unambiguous on the pre-order front). If so, at least give VIPs some opportunity to take advantage of one of the perks they paid for. The sculpts thing is nice, but the VIP had several components, and this is one of them.
I dont remember it being mentioned ever that this release would be priced like Iminime's usual offerings, Yes it certainly wont be Rainman level, but certainly not as low as say Neo and all. Im expecting a price midway between Rainman and Space Trucker.
I would have said its paranoia worthy but honestly Blondie isnt much of an Asian attraction, you can see its response on facebook from the asian side of collectors. Its lukewarm, so I think its quite safe.

I will talk to Denny, and ofcourse although Lecter's preorder was started with pricing, The recent release of Tony Soprano wasnt so I dont think making a VIP exclusive preorder window will be an issue. Rest assured something will be done... Originally there wasnt a DX edition planned. But I did suggest it to make this set special and Trevor and Denny managed to agree and seemed enthusiastic about it. the DX ofcourse will be priced higher than the full set logically so I think there are a lot of positives IMO in the side of not worrying about securing one.

anyone knows what the DX may contain?

I dont remember it being mentioned ever that this release would be priced like Iminime's usual offerings, Yes it certainly wont be Rainman level, but certainly not as low as say Neo and all. Im expecting a price midway between Rainman and Space Trucker.
I would have said its paranoia worthy but honestly Blondie isnt much of an Asian attraction, you can see its response on facebook from the asian side of collectors. Its lukewarm, so I think its quite safe.

I will talk to Denny, and ofcourse although Lecter's preorder was started with pricing, The recent release of Tony Soprano wasnt so I dont think making a VIP exclusive preorder window will be an issue. Rest assured something will be done...

Axe I think it should be a standard adopted practice to open to vip preorder for theee days before going on sale to general public as it accomplishes several things. It creates exclusivity and desirability and anticipation not just in the product being offered but in the VIP membership Many more will likely sign up to VIP membership of things like this are done. Also small gifts like the zombie girl should go to VIPs only and not random.

Back