[iminime] / Trevor Grove - The Cowboy ~ FULL REVEAL ~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [iminime] / Trevor Grove - *Secret Project* The Cowboy

Ahhh ok i see it now....in that case hopefully one day they will get Unforgiven with Trevor

Damn, this is already looking incredible. I was just about ready to order the Enterbay Batman, but I think I might be hanging onto that money for a while, now.;) I've always wanted a Blondie, but I never saw a custom that really fit the quality of what I was looking for, as far as likeness goes. Seeing Trevor's past work, though, I think this might be the one, and, if so, my first custom figure (hopefully). On that note, though, what kind of numbers are we looking at here? Are you guys relatively prepared to meet demand, or is it going to be a tooth and nail fight to secure one of these? Also, would the sculpt be offered separately as well? This is one of those characters that I absolutely must have a representation of in my collection, but there are definitely some other Eastwood appearances that I wouldn't mind being able to try my luck at.:lol Suffice it to say, SUBSCRIBED!

Damn, this is already looking incredible. I was just about ready to order the Enterbay Batman, but I think I might be hanging onto that money for a while, now.;) I've always wanted a Blondie, but I never saw a custom that really fit the quality of what I was looking for, as far as likeness goes. Seeing Trevor's past work, though, I think this might be the one, and, if so, my first custom figure (hopefully). On that note, though, what kind of numbers are we looking at here? Are you guys relatively prepared to meet demand, or is it going to be a tooth and nail fight to secure one of these? Also, would the sculpt be offered separately as well? This is one of those characters that I absolutely must have a representation of in my collection, but there are definitely some other Eastwood appearances that I wouldn't mind being able to try my luck at.:lol Suffice it to say, SUBSCRIBED!

50 normal editions and 20 DX editions, that's the count that Denny gave for this.

Glad to wake up and see such a favorable response so far! :hi5:

This figure is a symbol for everything I love about this hobby. I wanted a Blondie figure, but 1 - wasn't prepared to drop the asking price for the existing customs out there, and 2 - as many know, I'm a much bigger Trevor Grove than Rainman fan.

Denny had just brought me onto the Neo/Smith project, when I decided to test the waters...I approached Denny (at the suggestion of my good friend Hector AKA Shortround) about the possibility of a Blondie figure (with Trevor sculpting the portrait, of course) and he agreed! A few conversations with Trevor later...it was go time. :yess:

Seeing the impact a little initiative can have in this hobby is very rewarding, especially when it culminates in what is sure to be the definitive version of this incredibly iconic character.

I've been working with Denny these last several months on this project, and every aspect of the figure that has been completed thus far has been done with excellence. There will be no disappointment here!

I truly cannot wait to reveal the entire sculpt. To borrow Kill Bill vernacular...if you're gonna compare a Trevor sculpt, you compare it to every other sculpt ever made... that wasn't made by Trevor Grove....but I have to say, this is definitely some of his best work. And those of you that know his work...that's saying a lot. There will be no mistaking the sculpt for anything other than what it is intended to be. It is 110% MWNN/Manco/Blondie. :)

Last edited:

The quote on the top of the first post makes it pretty evident which film and character it is...

"Every gun makes its own tune." ~ Blondie~ Right after hearing Tuco shoot his pistol off in the distance.

How does someone get in on the DX version?

How does someone get in on the DX version?
By just normally placing an order for it when preorder opens like Serang... unlike Rainman's policy DX purchases are not limited for VIPs or anyone.

Wtffffffffff! Nioce!!!!

By just normally placing an order for it when preorder opens like Serang... unlike Rainman's policy DX purchases are not limited for VIPs or anyone.

Rainmans DX offerings are not limited to VIP's only. They just tend to get snapped up by them.

Rainman actually doesn't limit DX figures to VIPs. It's just that they get first dibs. . .which from my understanding is how Denny's VIP system also works.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4731488&postcount=1

"- During Membership period VIPs can preorder any of the projects from iminime sculpt team during their valid membership period regardless of the preorder window being opened. i.e Members can reserve their order even before preorder period opens."

Is there even an approximate preorder date? I.e., this month, 3 months from now or some such.

hoping i can get a DX....i just hope its a good GOOD DX exclusive...if its just a different paint job on an extra head i will just get the regular...but if its an extra metal made gun or something like that....i'm getting it...i have been also wondering what other artists he is including in this project....maybe a Kato???...chances are that Rainman is probably involved in some capacity...hopefully the accessories....his level of detail in that field is unsurpassed...but back to the clothing.....top of the line would definitely be Kato...but this is not to say that Iminime's clothing or even Rainman's is not on par....I’m just going from the details Denny gave....i guess i am just super excited to be getting an awesome custom....truth be told...this will be my one and only western custom...and the only reason why i am getting it is because of the artistic powers behind on this one....it will be a jewel in my collection...now here is hoping that i am actually able to get it.....LOL

Marf, you are officially the go to guy to get Trevor and Iminime working!!!

now you need to get Denny to make a morpheus!

so i have to be VIP to get first dibs??....guess who is about to become a VIP?....>>>>>>>THIS GUY RIGHT HERE<<<<<<<<

Glad to wake up and see such a favorable response so far! :hi5:

This figure is a symbol for everything I love about this hobby. I wanted a Blondie figure, but 1 - wasn't prepared to drop the asking price for the existing customs out there, and 2 - as many know, I'm a much bigger Trevor Grove than Rainman fan.

Denny had just brought me onto the Neo/Smith project, when I decided to test the waters...I approached Denny about the possibility of a Blondie figure (with Trevor sculpting the portrait, of course) and he agreed! A few conversations with Trevor later...it was go time. :yess:

Seeing the impact a little initiative can have in this hobby is very rewarding, especially when it culminates in what is sure to be the definitive version of this incredibly iconic character.

I've been working with Denny these last several months on this project, and every aspect of the figure that has been completed thus far has been done with excellence. There will be no disappointment here!

I truly cannot wait to reveal the entire sculpt. To borrow Kill Bill vernacular...if you're gonna compare a Trevor sculpt, you compare it to every other sculpt ever made... that wasn't made by Trevor Grove....but I have to say, this is definitely some of his best work. And those of you that know his work...that's saying a lot. There will be no mistaking the sculpt for anything other than what it is intended to be. It is 110% MWNN/Manco/Blondie. :)

Dane, thanks for getting this project going! I'm sure this will be a grail piece for any collector.I can't wait to get one myself :)

Marf, you are officially the go to guy to get Trevor and Iminime working!!!

now you need to get Denny to make a morpheus!

this CANNOT happen.....i might say that we have already gotten the definitive one already....plus i could not justify having 2 kick azz morpheus's in my collection.....or maybe I can....but that Kato long Coat....well...i don't know if the clothes can be matched unless the man himself is included in that project....either way....i have spoken....and this will not happen....:monkey1:yess::pfft:

Yeah, besides, he's gonna be too busy working on that Evil Dead 2 Ash to be worried about Morpheus. :pray:

this CANNOT happen.....i might say that we have already gotten the definitive one already....plus i could not justify having 2 kick azz morpheus's in my collection.....or maybe I can....but that Kato long Coat....well...i don't know if the clothes can be matched unless the man himself is included in that project....either way....i have spoken....and this will not happen....:monkey1:yess::pfft:

Think about it though... you would have the best scenario... You could replace the iminime coat with Katos and then sell the other set at a good value! LOL

Rainman actually doesn't limit DX figures to VIPs. It's just that they get first dibs. . .which from my understanding is how Denny's VIP system also works.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4731488&postcount=1

"- During Membership period VIPs can preorder any of the projects from iminime sculpt team during their valid membership period regardless of the preorder window being opened. i.e Members can reserve their order even before preorder period opens."

Thanks for reminding me of that, I just sent Denny an email asking to reserve a DX set. :yess:

Back