Hot toys Wolverine preview pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Wolverine...first look, at last!

If they don't have the likeness rights then I'd easily take that headsculpt - better that than...making him blonde or something.

So yes IMO too the likeness is off but the rest looks very nice indeed.

Maybe it's not the final product, but I don't see the likeness at all.
:chew

While not 100% Jackman in likeness, that seems more Wolverine then he did in the film. Looks awesome :rock:rock:rock:rock

That's pretty bad that people are questioning whether or not HT has the license rights for this figure.

It's not a terrific likeness to Jackman, but I can tell who it's supposed to be. The body looks really lanky, which is probably accurate since Hugh has really long legs, but it looks just a little too long.

Looks okay. I was expecting a little more though from HT

I would really like to know if it comes with the rubber body or not.
I believe there will be a muscle-sleeves like one used on Abe Sabien figure but more bulk & a caucasian skin tone of course :D
Or just the regular true-type.
I hope there will be no muscle body for him, because Wolverine is a pretty dynamic character - he must be really poseable. Muscle body will kill his awesomeness, IMHO.

Slightly anti-climatic. I don't see Jackman more like a Sideshow PF cartoony render. The claws don't look all that well done. It's HT though so I know better than to judge off of one pic. I'll wait for Wook's full breakdown before deciding

Doesnt look that bad. Its not perfect but I will buy one.

I like the overall look of the figure. But hope that they do a sculpt (whether its a resculpt or second head sculpt) with a pissed off beserker look. Would look pretty awesome! whether they get the rights for jackman or not (hope they do).

Snikety snikt

Perfect scenario (at least for me)

- 2 in 1 version Wolverine with two head sculpts (regular and snarling!)
- 1 pair of jeans but two tops: red shirt and white t-shirt
- 1 leather jacket
- 3 sets of hands (fists with no claws, bone claws and real metal claws)

Then all you need is an extra pair of pants, a second true type and bammo! You can build 2 wolverines (jeans + white t-shirt + bone claws + snarling head) and (jeans + red shirt + metal claws + regular head)

Given that there aren't a lot of accessories for wolverine, I really hope it comes with 2 head sculpts and bone + metal claws.

I would have no problem at all paying $140 for that package and picking up an extra true type would give you 2 1/6 figures for under $200!!

Really disappointed with the head sculpt, Hopefully HT will fix it up or do another version, but no biggie with all the great sculpts HT has been doing there was bound to bee one miss and still the rest of the figure looks great.

Really disappointed with the head sculpt, Hopefully HT will fix it up or do another version, but no biggie with all the great sculpts HT has been doing there was bound to bee one miss and still the rest of the figure looks great.

I agree, the rest of the figure is spot on. It would be a shame to release with such an underwhelming sculpt. If they have or get likeness rights, I have faith in HT quality control to improve the sculpt.

I just hope the price is reasonable considering it looks (from the magazine page) to be light on accessories.

DSC00252.jpg

Is he on a muscle or one of these TT's?

HT_TruetypeBody_SlimVer_01.jpg

I agree, the rest of the figure is spot on. It would be a shame to release with such an underwhelming sculpt. If they have or get likeness rights, I have faith in HT quality control to improve the sculpt.

I think that's always been their plan to have an "off-likeness" version and one that's "on" so they have something ready to go into production after the pending likeness is finalized. Remember what happened with Alien Kane. They ended up giving us the Village People likeness after they couldn't get Hurt's likeness. And you just can't hide Jackman's likeness under blonde hair and camo face paint like they did with Sonny Landham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back