Hot toys Wolverine preview pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The likeness is a bit off, but you can still tell who it is. I have no doubt this will be tweaked before going into mass production, and it will look fantastic in person. :rock

Re: Hot Toys Wolverine...first look, at last!

Is he on a muscle or one of these TT's?

HT_TruetypeBody_SlimVer_01.jpg

Sculpted neck TrueType, the muscle bodie's can't achieve those poses.

Sculpted neck TrueType, the muscle bodie's can't achieve those poses.

I thought the same thing but the neck / chest color is off from either TT. Tough to be certain IMO. I hope TT for more articulation but happy either way.

To me, it looks like the eyes need to be a tad further apart, a tad larger and his cheekbones need to be lower, like so:
pic1L2.jpg

Last edited:

I thought the same thing but the neck / chest color is off from either TT. Tough to be certain IMO. I hope TT for more articulation but happy either way.

Well, TT's aren't limited in color, you can make them any skin tone you like, they have some standards, but if custom is need I'm sure they do.

I believe they may be delving into skin texture on the sculpted neck TTs as well, there seems some texture on this figure.

425goemon_saizo-05-302x439.jpg

Yup, and i'm already exploring options to have the ability to make this figure look like this too.

new-wolverine-home-page.jpg

Even if the hair's not the same, it'd still look 10x better than Medi-Wolverine.

Skin texture on the neck would be great, give a more realistic look while keeping best possible articulation.

Yup, even on the figures with jointed necks it'd be nice, that's one thing that kills HT figures right now, you get these super life-like portraits with texture and all, then you see this shiny, smooth neck and it can kill it. It's ok on figures with sculpted necks or where the collar hides most of the neck, but on others where you see a good ammount of the neck, the contrast is quite blatant, and it seems to me like adding a little texture to the base bodie's wouldn't be hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back