Hot Toys- VGM07- Bio Hazard 5- 1/6 Sheva Alomar (BSAA ver)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My god, it would seem that you can't please anyone. When the first pics were shown everyone complained about exposed joints. Now when they cover up the joints everyone complains that they're covered up.

Sorry but I really need to ask 2 questions, since I see a people using this same line of argument.

1st - Does anyone really believe that it is possible to please everyone ? And would anyone like to live in such world ?

2nd - If so, why can't everyone be pleased with the exposed arms ?

I just want to point out that usually the people that say people shouldn't be complaining about something would be complaining about the opposite.

I don't like rubber skin, in my Country figures are really expensive (usually around $300, taxes and shipping are really high), and I really fear the possibility that the rubber in my figures starts cracking and disintegrating.

I have 3 figures with rubber:
the Dutch figure (got it for a good price), the Batman Original Costume (had to have at least 1 Batman, didn't get both due to the rubber) and that Chun-Li from Medicom (got it on a good price too). I consider All three risks and It takes a lot of combined factors for me to buy any figure with rubber, sadly, that's why Sheva is out of my "to buy" list, like so many others (and since she is not Batman, into my to buy if the price really goes down list).

And the articulation limitation really bothers me, but I would be a minor set back if it wasn't for the durability issue.

That said, I understand why people like the rubber bodies (although, even with rubber, a 1/6th person still screams toys to me, nicer toys, collector's toys, not for children toys, but toys nonetheless), but I also understand all those that prefer the exposed joints since I'm one of them.

And I believe that Hot Toys will loose a few buyers for changing the arms, but they will gain a few too. And only with time they will be able to see which group is bigger and that will probably be what will determine the option for future releases and market tendencies. If rubber skin wins I will probably be buying mostly figures with lot of clothes (I believe it will always be better not to have rubber on those, that's why I'm still waiting for Rocky with leather jacket and hat):D

Sorry for any english mistake, not my natural language.

:maul
Sorry but I really need to ask 2 questions, since I see a people using this same line of argument.

1st - Does anyone really believe that it is possible to please everyone ? And would anyone like to live in such world ?

2nd - If so, why can't everyone be pleased with the exposed arms ?

I just want to point out that usually the people that say people shouldn't be complaining about something would be complaining about the opposite.

I don't like rubber skin, in my Country figures are really expensive (usually around $300, taxes and shipping are really high), and I really fear the possibility that the rubber in my figures starts cracking and disintegrating.

I have 3 figures with rubber:
the Dutch figure (got it for a good price), the Batman Original Costume (had to have at least 1 Batman, didn't get both due to the rubber) and that Chun-Li from Medicom (got it on a good price too). I consider All three risks and It takes a lot of combined factors for me to buy any figure with rubber, sadly, that's why Sheva is out of my "to buy" list, like so many others (and since she is not Batman, into my to buy if the price really goes down list).

And the articulation limitation really bothers me, but I would be a minor set back if it wasn't for the durability issue.

That said, I understand why people like the rubber bodies (although, even with rubber, a 1/6th person still screams toys to me, nicer toys, collector's toys, not for children toys, but toys nonetheless), but I also understand all those that prefer the exposed joints since I'm one of them.

And I believe that Hot Toys will loose a few buyers for changing the arms, but they will gain a few too. And only with time they will be able to see which group is bigger and that will probably be what will determine the option for future releases and market tendencies. If rubber skin wins I will probably be buying mostly figures with lot of clothes (I believe it will always be better not to have rubber on those, that's why I'm still waiting for Rocky with leather jacket and hat):D

Sorry for any english mistake, not my natural language.

Came across loud and clear brother. And i happen to think there is quite a bit of truth in your post as to how they treat market trends.

Photos I took today:

223.jpg

224.jpg

225.jpg

Maybe it's just the angle of the pics, but have HT increased the size of Sheva's......uh......(I'm gonna be childish and say) BOOBIES!?? If so, then, nice one HT!

:rotfl

OR, maybe HT have developed little 1/6th scale chicken fillets? Hmm......I didn't know inanimate objects were so self-conscious......:lol

do you have any figures with rubber arms yet?

Dutch and Hellboy that I know of...I don't pose my figures in dramatic poses, so the rubber arms are fine for me.

I hate the way the articulation looks on these ultra realistic figures - it totally takes away from the look IMO. I bought some arm sleeves for my Machiko figure because the elbows were driving me crazy!

The problem is that they look like tubes. They need some muscle definition.

Maybe it's just the angle of the pics, but have HT increased the size of Sheva's......uh......(I'm gonna be childish and say) BOOBIES!?? If so, then, nice one HT!

:rotfl

I think you may be right. Nice one HT indeed. :lol

Regarding the abnormal bend, you get that on all the muscle bodies if you extend them quite far. This is just exagerrated here because she is so slim.

Sheva-va-voom if you ask me.

the rubber arms were growing on me after I fixed Dutche's arms. he'd be better if he had torso articulation, but Cest' la vie....... but the.... Alien look to sheva's arms bent really ruins ANY realism it had for me. She looks like one of those old Mcfarlain Violator figures.

Well, it's decided. I'm dropping Sheva. She looks fantastic, but I really need to cut back. And with the new Chris and Weskers announced along with the Watchmen line, something has got to give.

Back