Hot Toys- VGM07- Bio Hazard 5- 1/6 Sheva Alomar (BSAA ver)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, lets be a little analytical, shall we?

Hi, I'm new by the way, nice to meet everyone.:banana
I'm using up my Junior Member excessively long post allowance right now if that's cool?

The pictures we have so far tend to point in that direction that the figure won't be shouldering any rifles. Nor looking down any PSG-1 scopes convincingly. That seems to be pretty unanimous between supporters of the new look and of the less enamoured.

First question is: do they look any more realistic? :confused:
Subjective right? But clearly from certain angles they do. Then, from other angles, particularly the sides where there seems to be no evidence of an elbow (which note, isn't much different from the silhouette on the standard hot angel double elbow) they are pretty lacking in the realism department.
Still on the whole they look somewhat more akin to a real life video game character arm, than the standard hot angel double elbow joint, hereafter rather lame-ishly referred to as the SHADE joint. (By me at least.):rolleyes:

Second: Do they make the figure look more realistic?:confused:
Well, the points I'd like to raise are that:
The silhouette, the "I'm squinting at it" look would suggest yes.
On the other hand, the visible split at the shoulders and neck, the obviousness of the wrist joints, the sculpted hair, and all the old stuff, like the scale of the stitching etc., would suggest that it's still a ways away in terms of being ultra realistic. Plus it is a video game character.

Clearly the divide tends to arise on two common issues:
Durability and Poseability.
To expand on these, I guess I have to approach it with a bias. Lets take pro-SHADE joints.
Durability: The groan of a Hot Toys owner falling foul to a broken/split muscle arm is not to be mocked or taken lightly :rotfl
Due to excessive posing, or just quality control is irrelevant. All the amazing sculpting, clothing and accessories nonwithstanding, if I put down HK$950 for a toy, I expect it to be solid as a rock. I think durability here should be a fundament, not a luxury, nor sidelined because of the aforementioned awesome. In fact for that kablammy I expect it to make my breakfast for me. Others may disagree. But the fact remains - all metal has a fatigue limit. Once that's crossed you have a broken Sheva. Or Dutch. Or...

Poseability - I would argue that to varying degrees creating the realism and likeness of a figure is affected by the ability to do what the character does, putting it in iconic poses and so forth. Sheva doesn't shoot from the hip. This also dovetails with durability as leaving the arms flexed for extended periods isn't recommended for the rubbers longevity. That somewhat kills the iconic poses. And that should be an issue for everyone.
She won't be elbowing any majina either really.

Anyway, if you don't want to pose it much and are unconcerned by the potential deterioration, then these points don't add up to much.

One other point. There hasn't been as much complaint for the torso sheaths used. Why is that? I would suggest that for one, there articulation is perhaps less critical, and also perhaps because the rubber doesn't need to be stressed excessively to get the full range of motion.

So, first - I'd be impressed if any one has read all that. and second:
Please save Sheva's arms!! No funky tube break-easy muscle arm!!! Jiminy Christmas at least have an interchangeable set!!:monkey2:banghead:horror:sick:duh

Last edited:
Jiminy Christmas at least have an interchangeable set!![/B][/I]:monkey2:banghead:horror:sick:duh[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more!! Two sets of arms, one for poseability & one for accuracy! The best of both worlds! :horror

You fanboys can't make up your minds. When they first revealed these figures EVERYONE said " Oh Sheva's elbow joints are soooooo ugly, they ruin the whole figure" "Chris Redfielld has rubber arms why can't they put rubber arms on the female body? When will Hot Toys get their act together?! "

Now Hot Toys Clearly heard these complaints and responded, fixing the elbow joints. " Here, this is exactly what you asked for, no visible arm joints. We had no plans to do this , but because you all demanded it, we did it!"
Now everyone is saying " The rubber will restrict the articulation, we want 2 pairs of arms now" Whaaaa ?!!!:google :banghead Nothing will make you happy:duh

You fanboys can't make up your minds. When they first revealed these figures EVERYONE said " Oh Sheva's elbow joints are soooooo ugly, they ruin the whole figure" "Chris Redfielld has rubber arms why can't they put rubber arms on the female body? When will Hot Toys get their act together?! "

Now Hot Toys Clearly heard these complaints and responded, fixing the elbow joints. " Here, this is exactly what you asked for, no visible arm joints. We had no plans to do this , but because you all demanded it, we did it!"
Now everyone is saying " The rubber will restrict the articulation, we want 2 pairs of arms now" Whaaaa ?!!!:google :banghead Nothing will make you happy:duh

:lecture:lecture:lecture

So true. Unfortunately. No wonder HT are sometimes reluctant to listen to customers' wants; I hope they don't take all this whining to heart! :monkey4

Are you quite sure its the same fan boys whining...
Somehow I doubt that. More likely the ones who didn't like it originally are happy now and the ones who did are now unhappy.

no?

/facepalm.jpg

:lecture:lecture:lecture

So true. Unfortunately. No wonder HT are sometimes reluctant to listen to customers' wants; I hope they don't take all this whining to heart! :monkey4

/facepalm.jpg

Are you quite sure its the same fan boys whining...
Somehow I doubt that. More likely the ones who didn't like it originally are happy now and the ones who did are now unhappy.

no?

This is the truth of it, EVERYONE did not say the joints were ugly. I Most certianly did not. All that has happened is hot toys has swapped the boot. The ones who wanted the version with the arm joints are irratated that they were swapped out for the crappy rubber joints. Yes, I said crappy. they Look poor, they articulate poor. And they're unable to hold the weapons she's included with. The IDEAL solution is to have both sets of arms included, that way, Statue fans can pose her once and forget it, and those of us who prefer jointed bodies and like changing the pose can do that too.

That, or she'll get changed again and end up with arms like Wolverine.
By that i mean designed along the same vein, and not Super beefy.

Now if only they will adress the complete lack of torso articulation on the muscle bodies.

:banghead I like the new arms, they do look better. However, I prefer Sheva's original head/face to these final version pics. If I had to choose between the old arms with original face and the new final version, I'd choose the old arms with original face, absolutely!

lldiego
USA

:banghead I like the new arms, they do look better. However, I prefer Sheva's original head/face to these final version pics. If I had to choose between the old arms with original face and the new final version, I'd choose the old arms with original face, absolutely!

lldiego
USA

Why did they change the head???? It the first pics, it was PERFECT!!! :confused:

Relatives?

woody.jpg
2234.jpg

in the elbow department?:yuck

I like the way the figure looks. This was my one issue with the Machiko figure and I'm glad Hot Toys addressed the arms. Now if only we could get a Jill. (and yeah, I know there are some licensing issues :-( )

somebody had said that HT would be releasing her by the end of this month, and then midnight wesker by mid-october...dammit i guess this is thrown off then...

Back