Hot Toys- VGM07- Bio Hazard 5- 1/6 Sheva Alomar (BSAA ver)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really prefer the original arm design as well. I'll still get her, but I am kind of disappointed that they changed her.

I couldn't agree more!! Two sets of arms, one for poseability & one for accuracy! The best of both worlds! :horror
Two sets would be the best, the first HT figure with 4 complete arms (not only hands), ....Sheva's insect mutation through contact with the virus....

Popping the shoulders off (like on Dutch, Chris Redfield) is certainly very doable on the Hot Angel body, but avoid doing it to many times or the socket will be spoiled. The 2 halves of upper body (holds 2 ball sockets for the arms, 1 for the base of the neck joint, and abdominal joint) on the Hot Angel body is held by only 3 screws (or 4)

for those who dislike the new arms, do you think its possible to detach these arms and attach the arms from lets say, Machiko, I know this is impractical due to needing the machiko figure first of all and then robbing her of her arms, not to mention, potential skin tone differences. I'm just wondering if thats an option/possible, just in case later on down the line HT decides to release the female body like they do the rest of their trutype bodies.:confused:

for those who dislike the new arms, do you think its possible to detach these arms and attach the arms from lets say, Machiko, I know this is impractical due to needing the machiko figure first of all and then robbing her of her arms, not to mention, potential skin tone differences. I'm just wondering if thats an option/possible, just in case later on down the line HT decides to release the female body like they do the rest of their trutype bodies.:confused:

Skin tone will be different for sure and HT female nude is pretty expensive. May be getting TTL female nude, steal her arms and repaint could be possible?

Anyway, I'm just so tire about HT rubber arms. Posing Pred1 Dutch was killing me. :sick

If Sheva uses the standard Hot Angel body as the 3 released females so far (Machiko being the first).... Then easy, just pop-out the shoulder ball sockets from the body and pop them back in with others.

Sheva maybe the the 4th female, all female so far have different skin tones. Cha-cha (Asian) and Silk Spectre are to soon follow. So 6 females, all possibly with different tones..

Last edited:
Skin tone will be different for sure and HT female nude is pretty expensive. May be getting TTL female nude, steal her arms and repaint could be possible?

Anyway, I'm just so tire about HT rubber arms. Posing Pred1 Dutch was killing me. :sick

Sheva's arms are most probably semi-rubber (only the elbow joint), it should have as much articulation as the standard Hot Angel's arms (only less of folding her forearms back)

Sheva's got to be my favorite of the two. This is just a great looking figure and if it wern't the exposed arm joint, it would be an easy 10/10 for me.

Man hot toys can knock female 1/6 out of the park. All they need to do is develop a skin body and it'd be perfect.

Chris has the Joker-esque shotgun too.

The exposed joints would have to be addressed.

I think it's a shame they didn't put rubber arms (Abe Sapien style) on Sheva as well; kind of makes her look cheap and toyish next to the Redfield figure.

Sheva is beautiful. her arm joints are a little distracting, but otherwise she is a great figure. I like the earing.

Chris is improved only a little, his legs are too skinny. It makes his upper body look like he has a pillow under his shirt. His pants in the photo is to high. His shirt is a bit too green and dark. Sheva on the other hand, her body looks worse. C'mon! Can hot toys ever produce a female figure with skin layers that cover joints. Even without a skin layer, her arms look to skinny.

Those are awesome pics! Thanks again ChaserFan! Like I said if it wern't for the exposed joints, Sheva would be perfect imho.

I KNOW!!! Ugh, those elbows on Sheva are so annoying! I agree, they are the only thing that stop Sheva from being 10/10!

I totally agree! Her elbows annoy me so much - it's frustrating!

Seriously! When will they give female figures skin layers to cover up those joints, I dont see why only Chris gets them.

it was a joke.the hot toys nonvisible articulation bodies are great and they couldnt provide sheva with nonvisible articulation arms?i dont say they need to be like chrisis tou but a little more muscle would be ok.these arms are like toothpicks.

I know this isn't 'everyone' but there was a significant amount of people calling for the joints to be fixed. Obviously Hot Toys heard these people and others and reacted.

I for one really like the Sheva's new arms. I admit they could have been better (need more muscle) but imo they look much better than the exposed joints. On the other hand I also totally understand the complaints about limited posability and durability (I myself am also concerned about the duribility) but since I don't plan to pose in super dramatic poses it dosn't really bother me for the most part. I do agree a second pair of arms would be great that way collector's have the best o both worlds.

My ONLY beef with the noodle arms is that it's now impossible for her to hold several of her weapons properly. You'll Never get her to shoulder and site her sniper rifle. for that matter, Good luck getting her to shoulder ANY of her weapons.
That's all. the total LACK of nessacary articlation. If I fcan get her later on for cheap, I might just get an extra Secret service, or some other figure and give her a body swap, but then you loose the tattoo on her upper arm.

You're right, it's not "Everyone" who was complaining in this thread. it was 7 people .

I've said it before, and I'll stand by it. if exposed joints bother you, and you don't pose them mutch, get a statue. You'll be much happier in the long run.

Yeah the problem with switching bodies is you don't just loose her tattoo, you loose her skin color.

I'm curious to know what kind of joints does Abe Sapian have? Does he just have a wire in his arm or are there plastic joints inside?

My ONLY beef with the noodle arms is that it's now impossible for her to hold several of her weapons properly. You'll Never get her to shoulder and site her sniper rifle. for that matter, Good luck getting her to shoulder ANY of her weapons.
That's all. the total LACK of nessacary articlation. If I fcan get her later on for cheap, I might just get an extra Secret service, or some other figure and give her a body swap, but then you loose the tattoo on her upper arm.

You're right, it's not "Everyone" who was complaining in this thread. it was 7 people .

I've said it before, and I'll stand by it. if exposed joints bother you, and you don't pose them mutch, get a statue. You'll be much happier in the long run.

Well I like the option of being able to change poses every now and then if I choose. Even if HT hadn't covered up the arm joints, I still would have gotten this figure. Besides it must have been more than just 7 people complaining about the arm joints if HT decided to cover them up. Also there are no 1/6" RE5 statues that I'm aware of lol.

I suppose if Hot Toys had come up with the jointed muscle arms that they have on the Wolverine for Sheva, I wouldn't mind the rubber arms as much. I like to have the option of putting my figures in different positions if I desire.

I have the Dutch figure and, don't get me wrong, he's a great figure. But I put him in one pose and haven't moved him because I'm worried the little metal piece in his arm will break off. It'll definitely be the same way with Sheva because her arms are smaller and will probably be even more breakable.

EXACTLY. it's another problem with these is how fragile they are.
Bah, people go nuts over the muscle bodies, UNTILL they own one, then they ( usually, but not always) change their mind about them.

All honesty, there were 7 people IN THIS thread, though, over on OSW, it was ALOT more voices. I'm certian that a multitude of more voices made the same complaints the world over, though.

EXACTLY. it's another problem with these is how fragile they are.
Bah, people go nuts over the muscle bodies, UNTILL they own one, then they ( usually, but not always) change their mind about them.

All honesty, there were 7 people IN THIS thread, though, over on OSW, it was ALOT more voices. I'm certian that a multitude of more voices made the same complaints the world over, though.
I was one among them. First time I saw HT Rambo I feel hoohah :google that's is very cool. After that, I manage to get HT Navy Seal M60 gunner and.....WTF :banghead I can't pose him hold his M60 properly. Moreover, take cloth on and off and posing him is like I'm defusing a bomb:sick. Durability of rubber still questionable too.

Just imagine, if Rambo come with plastic nude with muscle sculpted on, like Wolverine, you might pull some signature pose like shooting arrow etc rather than just standing and look cool.

Back