Hot Toys- VGM07- Bio Hazard 5- 1/6 Sheva Alomar (BSAA ver)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES! well done HT. Everyone was complaining about the arms, and you fixed it. now they are still complaining :lol but damn she looks fine.

Reading some of the comments are here that are so typical, the people complaining are such ^^^^ing babies I swear.

It's like I always say, "You're ^^^^ed if you do and you're ^^^^ed if you don't", the whiners are never gonna be happy.

I thought she looked perfect as she was, but she still looks just as good. I don't care as long as I get Sheva and her arms don't disintegrate before I die.

New (last 2) pics added to to Sheva's gallery on hottoys's hk site (probably upon the update/revamping of their website). Anyone should be able to access them.

FAIL on my behalf..........:banghead

With the rubber skin? Without it? Hell, I'm going to love it either way! Can't you just take the rubber skin off if you don't like it anyway? Meh, all I know is that I want it, NOW!

Hmmm, I wasn't expecting such a knee-jerk reaction from some people here. 2 photos, and it's as if the world came crashing down. Goes to show that you can't please everybody.

This is a compromise. Either you get ugly exposed joints and maximum articulation or a covered, seamless sheath with reduced articulation potential (although it is still good articulation nonetheless, potentially).

I can understand the frustration, but exposed joints just scream "toy" to me, and in this price range that doesn't cut it. So until someone comes up with some sort of magic futuristic fleshy layer that doesn't hamper articulation, I'll take what we can get.

It Screams Toy to you? a Product from a company called Hot TOYS Resembles a toy? For shock, I never would have guessed it :D

I've hated the muscle bodies ever since i got my first muscle body, that being Drake from aliens. Ascetically,, yes, they look great, but looks are not everything. I'd rather take the plain looking girl i can talk to, over the blond bombshell who's a dumb as a post.

Same deal with The DOLLS in my collection. I don't buy statues, and I don't want statues. If you look at all the poses sheva is in on the first page, just remember that she can no longer do about a third of them, she will never hold her rifle in a "ready to shoot" pose, and you'll never be able to put her in a reloading pose.

Hell, to be honest, I've been considering putting dutch's body on the bay, and getting a regular truetype for him. he holds his rifle like the gi joes from the 80's. and for something that costs as much as these do, Is unacceptable, they need to be able to hold their accessories in a realistc functional way.
I'll take the "ugly joints" over crappy articulation any day. i MIGHT still get her, just not 100% on it now.

You know what I mean, you didn't need to get all snippy. Exposed joints just aren't okay these days and in these price ranges. Don't get me wrong, these are toys, but it isn't a ten dollar plaything you find at ToysRUs.
Look, it is yet to be seen how far you can safely bend Sheva's arms now that they're sheathed. I'm assuming the material they're using isn't as thick as the Dutch or Hellboy body. Obviously I'm not suggesting that the new arms will match the regular TT female arms, but why don't we just...wait and see?

You know what I mean, you didn't need to get all snippy. Exposed joints just aren't okay these days and in these price ranges. Don't get me wrong, these are toys, but it isn't a ten dollar plaything you find at ToysRUs.
Look, it is yet to be seen how far you can safely bend Sheva's arms now that they're sheathed. I'm assuming the material they're using isn't as thick as the Dutch or Hellboy body. Obviously I'm not suggesting that the new arms will match the regular TT female arms, but why don't we just...wait and see?

meh, little difference between snippy, and Cynicism, but not much :banana

Anywho, I'll see, but just based on the pics we've seen, she already can't ready her AK apparently. And i disagree, Exposed joints are a FACT of the hobby, but so are muscle bodies. it comes down to a choice of articulation or asthetic, and it's a personal choice. some people prefer articulation ( Like me) and some prefer asthetic. While it would be nice to see these looking as real as possible, but when a military type figure can't even hold a rifle in a firing pose, I consider it unacceptable.

Dutch's arms actually have more articulation points and range than the standard Muscle body moulding such as used for Hellboy. Dutch's arms' articulation maybe better if lubricated (Mine did).
The "endo" skeleton arm and the skin... The joints..L to R.. ball socket, standard 1 point shoulder joint, swivel point (below the metal band, at the darker to lighter interface), bendy metal strip/flat metal for the elbows, lastly the wrist joint. 5 points, very similiar to Hot Angel's arms (minus metal and rubber).
endoskin.jpg

If you r only unhappy of the new Sheeva's arms.... use the older Hot Angel arms from Machiko to replace.. should be compatible..just pop the ball sockets from the body (and do some colour matching) and pop them back-in

I always prefer hard plastic arms. Better articulation higher durability. HT should re-sculpt their female arms just like they did on Wesker arms.

While the arms look better, I agree they suck for a action figure. It hinders the movement and limits the amount of times you can pose the elbows before the wire gives out.

Dutch and my Rambos are awesome looking figures, but I don't even pose em because of that.

Action Figures > Statues

Dutch's arms actually have more articulation points and range than the standard Muscle body moulding such as used for Hellboy. Dutch's arms' articulation maybe better if lubricated (Mine did).

If you r only unhappy of the new Sheeva's arms.... use the older Hot Angel arms from Machiko to replace.. should be compatible..just pop the ball sockets from the body (and do some colour matching) and pop them back-in

I could swap out the arms, but then i'd have to paint sheva's new arms, and i'm not going to do that, as painted arms tend to have the paint rub off .
I a m currious, however, what do you mean by lubrcating dutches arms?

While the arms look better, I agree they suck for a action figure. It hinders the movement and limits the amount of times you can pose the elbows before the wire gives out.

Dutch and my Rambos are awesome looking figures, but I don't even pose em because of that.

Action Figures > Statues

Quoted for truth

My god, it would seem that you can't please anyone. When the first pics were shown everyone complained about exposed joints. Now when they cover up the joints everyone complains that they're covered up.

This is a little off topic but one of the complaints I hear about the rubber arms/sheath is the metal arms inside the rubber breaks easily, is it possible to put the rubber sheath over a standard True Type arm? Looking at the pic posted above, the metal arm looks around the same size as the standard True Type.

I could swap out the arms, but then i'd have to paint sheva's new arms, and i'm not going to do that, as painted arms tend to have the paint rub off .
I a m currious, however, what do you mean by lubrcating dutches arms?
The joints concealed in the rubber sheath... especially the swivel joint.. some rubber maybe caught/stucked in the swivel joint that restricts the arm's articulation range

My god, it would seem that you can't please anyone. When the first pics were shown everyone complained about exposed joints. Now when they cover up the joints everyone complains that they're covered up.

Firstly, EVERYONE wasn't complaing, but some people did, some very VOCAL people. I'd like to know how many of you that are screaming YAY to the rubber covering actualy have any of the rubber bodies.

I thought she was fine with the exposed joints.

For the record, one of my most anticipated upcomming releases from ANY company is the Michael schofield from enterbay, with the TATS, AND EXPOSED JOINTS, and he'll be displayed showing off those tats and joints :)

The joints concealed in the rubber sheath... especially the swivel joint.. some rubber maybe caught/stucked in the swivel joint that restricts the arm's articulation range

Meh, why not, i;ll gve it a try and see what happens

Back