1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been mulling it over for quite some time now and I think when I get paid next week I'm going to take the plunge and get it. Hopefully there's no issues with the body where it's flaking like a few of you fellas had.

This guy really is great, so detailed. It's a bit of a statue (unless you're not bothered by rubber body posing) but he looks so good in the museum pose with all his accessories that it doesn't matter...if you buy this with that in mind you will love it.

Just pulled the trigger on this. Hopefully it's got no skin flaking. I don't care if the body gets stained since I won't remove the vest.

After UPS ****ed me with not even delivering it Thursday like I paid for, I picked it up last night. I like it. I can't believe how goddamn heavy this bastard is.

Took me maybe two hours to get everything together... and the longest part was getting the sling in his molded shut left hand... why the hell did they do that...

I was told by Sideshow that you had to take the sling apart from the Rocket Launcher to put it through his hand. I just took a hobby knife and cut the thumb from his forefinger.

I thought about doing that but was able to figure that out myself. It's nice, I just wish the head was painted better.

After UPS ****ed me with not even delivering it Thursday like I paid for, I picked it up last night. I like it. I can't believe how goddamn heavy this bastard is.

Took me maybe two hours to get everything together... and the longest part was getting the sling in his molded shut left hand... why the hell did they do that...

I couldn't believe how heavy it was either. I don't know they did the hand that way. I cut the fingers to get the sling in. The head sculpt is what it is, but how do you like everything else?

I couldn't believe how heavy it was either. I don't know they did the hand that way. I cut the fingers to get the sling in. The head sculpt is what it is, but how do you like everything else?

For what I paid for it, I think it's great. I definitely got what I paid for. It's the most accessory heavy figure I got. It was very appealing since everything in the box goes on him. I'll post some pics later today.

For what I paid for it, I think it's great. I definitely got what I paid for. It's the most accessory heavy figure I got. It was very appealing since everything in the box goes on him. I'll post some pics later today.

That's how I felt when I got him. Without all the accessories I think I would have been more disappointed, but they loaded him up.

Are any UK retailers selling the knock off heads from this? I want one for a custom that will involve largely destroying the head, and I wanted it sooner than it would take from China given its new year (first world problems!). Any suggestions would be great.

It's a rare instance where I feel I got what I paid for at that price. Where as you get DOFP Wolverine for the same price, and you get... hands.

Aside from Neo and some SW figures, I'm done with that company. No more Robocop, no more classic Terminator, no more care.

DOFP Wolverine was another one I looked at for quite a while. Just didn't seem worth it though. I really thought the 70's outfit was a no-brainer but nope, turns out Hot Toys had no brain and made a look that is never actually seen in any sort of action and had no accessory potential beyond the hands as you mentioned.

It's a rare instance where I feel I got what I paid for at that price. Where as you get DOFP Wolverine for the same price, and you get... hands.

Aside from Neo and some SW figures, I'm done with that company. No more Robocop, no more classic Terminator, no more care.

It looks pretty cool fully kitted out like that. Really impressive amount of gear. No Hot Toys impulse buys for me anymore though.

i picked this guy up a few months back on recommendations from a few guys in the lounge... as snake mentioned... its def worth picking up as fully decked out this guy looks pretty sick on the shelf! the sculpt is soft, but its a very solid figure with great display potential!

DOFP Wolverine was another one I looked at for quite a while. Just didn't seem worth it though. I really thought the 70's outfit was a no-brainer but nope, turns out Hot Toys had no brain and made a look that is never actually seen in any sort of action and had no accessory potential beyond the hands as you mentioned.

DOFP Logan should of been $219.99. Not doing 70s Logan, which comprised 75% of his appearance... well that's HT being HT with dumb decision making.

I do own DOFP, but despite it's overpriced cost, I think it's probably the nicest figure of the four Logans so far. But there was QC issues with the spanks undersuit.

i picked this guy up a few months back on recommendations from a few guys in the lounge... as snake mentioned... its def worth picking up as fully decked out this guy looks pretty sick on the shelf! the sculpt is soft, but its a very solid figure with great display potential!

It's definitely worth the cash. But I wouldn't spend anywhere near $300 or more if I didn't already own it.

Back