1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 029 - The Mandalorian: Moff Gideon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SPECULATION: The Mandalorian: Moff Gideon.

Moff was the rank held by the Sector Governors of the First Galactic Empire. In the fifth year of Emperor Sheev Palpatine's reign, there was a fixed number of twenty Moffs, who answered to the Imperial Ruling Council. That year, the senior rank of Grand Moff was created and awarded to Wilhuff Tarkin. As a symbol of their charge, Moffs wore a rank insignia plaque bearing ten colored squares: five blue over three red and two gold.

Moffs were in command of their sector's Sector Group, a formation that contained assets from the Imperial Military and intelligence. Moffs could be appointed by the Emperor or an advisor, but were obligated to report to both. A Grand Moff, overseer of an Oversector, could override any Moff.

When did that become a thing? I remember when Moff was just a simple title... and when Darth wasn't.

Even as a kid I assumed "Grand Moff" meant something other than his name. I just didn't know what exactly. I couldn't imagine "Grand" would just be ahead of a dude's name. "Grand Bill Johnson" just doesn't make any sense, even for Star Wars.

Am I the only one who doesn't think this guy is impressive? He yelled general bad guy stuff through a window then crashed a Tie Fighter. I like the actor and everything, but he looks more like a school teacher in a cape. Not really someone I'm dying to get a figure of.

Have to second this... I don't dislike him at all, but he's basically a cardboard cutout of a villain at this point. Perhaps we'll know more about him with season 2.

Just waiting to see Mando get that Darksaber out of his hand, you know that's gonna happen. He won't be allowed to keep that, not one chance in hell.

Well to be fair, most of the villains in SW just yell general bad guy stuff and feel like cardboard cutouts. Some just happen to do that a lot better than others, and I'd say Esposito is one of the very best at it.

Plus he's also got a fairly unique look and appears to be a bit more than the typical Imperial officer we've seen before.

Have to second this... I don't dislike him at all, but he's basically a cardboard cutout of a villain at this point. Perhaps we'll know more about him with season 2.

Just waiting to see Mando get that Darksaber out of his hand, you know that's gonna happen. He won't be allowed to keep that, not one chance in hell.

I saw him a bit differently than cut out - tho some of my thoughts are colored by interviews with GianCarlo comments on character.

That's he's one of the most dangerous kinds of villains - cultured, super-intelligent, absolute sociopath. You'd sit and talk with him and by the end of the conversation you'd be nodding with agreement that killing your own soldiers because ur annoyed is a good thing. The only side he's really on is his own, so he's not really Empire or other, unlike the Client who actually had some kind've belief in what he was doing e.g. that it was a better way of doing things.

Like there's the dark side, and the light, and there's something that will use either to get what they want. At least, that's what I see - pretty refreshing. Sort've reminds me of Thanos that way (intelligence) but Moff is worse because his only interests are his own. He doesn't have any beliefs, not really. But unlike a villain like the Joker, I think Moff has a goal to building SOMETHING - just don't know what it is yet. Being part of the Empire was just a useful stepping stone.

I'm still not sure if I would pick up a figure of this guy but I'm sure season 2 will provide more incentive to do so. He does have a cool uniform, though, and with a cape...

Not sure why a "Moff" would be flying his own TIE fighter and not be have a private shuttle available instead. That seemed strange but it did offer some cool TIE fighter scenes, especially the landing sequence from episode 7.

I'm still not sure if I would pick up a figure of this guy but I'm sure season 2 will provide more incentive to do so. He does have a cool uniform, though, and with a cape...

Not sure why a "Moff" would be flying his own TIE fighter and not be have a private shuttle available instead. That seemed strange but it did offer some cool TIE fighter scenes, especially the landing sequence from episode 7.

I think it's meant to show he's an "hands on" kind of guy, kind of like Vader was in ANH.

Moff was the rank held by the Sector Governors of the First Galactic Empire. In the fifth year of Emperor Sheev Palpatine's reign, there was a fixed number of twenty Moffs, who answered to the Imperial Ruling Council. That year, the senior rank of Grand Moff was created and awarded to Wilhuff Tarkin. As a symbol of their charge, Moffs wore a rank insignia plaque bearing ten colored squares: five blue over three red and two gold.

Moffs were in command of their sector's Sector Group, a formation that contained assets from the Imperial Military and intelligence. Moffs could be appointed by the Emperor or an advisor, but were obligated to report to both. A Grand Moff, overseer of an Oversector, could override any Moff.

Yes, but when was that printed/released? With Star Wars lore, the "when" is always important.

Even as a kid I assumed "Grand Moff" meant something other than his name. I just didn't know what exactly. I couldn't imagine "Grand" would just be ahead of a dude's name. "Grand Bill Johnson" just doesn't make any sense, even for Star Wars.

Not sure what you're answering here when you quoted me.

Was that a normal TIE fighter? I don't watch too much outside of the movies but I never thought they'd land like that with the folding wings.

Was that a normal TIE fighter? I don't watch too much outside of the movies but I never thought they'd land like that with the folding wings.

Outland TIE Fighter.

The folding wings design is from Doug Chiang. I believe it's taken from TFA "Art of" book. Some pre production research on how Tie Fighters could have evolved since ROTJ.

So, 5 years after ROTJ and empire has significant power. Then this show undermines Anakin's legacy.

Says OT purist.

I like the actor, but I’d have to see him do something really cool to be worthy of a figure.

So, 5 years after ROTJ and empire has significant power. Then this show undermines Anakin's legacy.

Says OT purist.
Idk about "significant" power, Mando has several lines where he's mostly worried about the New Republic, & he turns down his initial payment in episode 1 because Empire credits are close to worthless, but not ENTIRELY worthless as Carl Weathers (not going to pretend I remember his name) mentions. Their descent is staggered it feels like.

Idk about "significant" power, Mando has several lines where he's mostly worried about the New Republic, & he turns down his initial payment in episode 1 because Empire credits are close to worthless, but not ENTIRELY worthless as Carl Weathers (not going to pretend I remember his name) mentions. Their descent is staggered it feels like.

Uneven, right? It?s a big galaxy so I imagine there are some stronger hold-outs.

And clearly some that straight up got away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back