1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Incinerator Stormtrooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep checking sideshow to make sure its not low stock. I want to clear off some things before ordering.

Wow. The Fwoosh guy said that this figure almost feels like a "Hellraiser" figure of a character with their face partially peeled off leaving the muscle/tendons exposed. I get what he was talking about, the color of that red makes for a pretty awesomely gnarly look.

That's what bothers me about this figure. I saw photos on a website years ago (rotten something or other, think faces of death as an example) of a guy in the hospital after a motorcycle accident that looked like this. Face "unzipped" nose gone, jaw missing and major damage. It was very disturbing.

Finally opened this one....a few shots right out of the box

20201105_093851.jpg

20201105_092837.jpg

20201105_092754.jpg

Liking it. Distressed detailing is there, just very light.
Will try some shots later with flame effect.

Okay. Here's some shots with the flame effect....pretty cool!

20201105_123640.jpg

20201105_123132.jpg

20201105_123907.jpg

It is a good looking trooper. A bit of a balancing act with any extreme posing, but it can look intimidating enough in a simple pose with that massive flamethrower. C'mon, let's see some more shots...

He looks great posed next to the Solo Patrol Trooper, something about them compliment each other.

Mine came in yesterday, and he's as eye catching as I'd hoped he'd be.

For some reason I imagined the under suit was going to be rubbery, so was pleased to find it was a regular material. Though it seems thicker than on earlier Stormtroopers, and really restrictive for posing.

As much as I love the flame effect I just couldn't get him into a satisfying enough pose with it, so went for the hero pose (as in Rbeato's first photo). It took quite a bit of effort getting his arm into position, and at first didn't even look possible.

One continual complaint I have with Hot Toys is the wire in the stand being too loose, and barely offering much promise of support. There isn't enough friction to prevent the wire from easily dropping back down inside the support.

One last observation: after I set him up I realised his abdomen is really long, especially compared to his on-screen counterpart:

Incinerator_Stormtrooper_-_The_Mandalorian_S01E08.jpg

Before adjusting his pose there was even a gap showing between the abdomen and chest armour. Afterwards I noticed the same gap in a few of jedibear's photos:

Back