1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Incinerator Stormtrooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah most importantly make sure your figure wasn't opened or used. Sideshow will vehemently claim they don't sell used figures, but they do. Plenty of people have documented it. Fight it if it seems funky.

I’ve noticed an uptick in the number of posts about this lately. It happened to me for the first time not too long ago as well.

I filed a strongly worded complaint and returned it. Others have done the same or gotten them to exchange it, though it took some arguing. Not an option if the figure is long sold out.

Sideshow will say it’s because the shipper is damaged or the shipper is not part of the figure (despite selling a double boxing service).

But people have said they felt the figure might’ve been opened previously, so there’s a possibility it might be a return in some cases as there’s precedence for that. The one I received did feel like an open box item and it was packed out kind of messily.

Whatever the reason, it’s put me off from ordering from Sideshow directly so I’ll try to go elsewhere when I can.

Thanks. I contacted them and the rep I spoke to said she'd never heard of that happening. She checked with someone and they said the box was probably damaged when it arrived. I asked what they'd do in the event that I wanted to pay for double boxing, and she said they'd probably ship inside two plain brown boxes. I'm a little annoyed because these boxes are important should I ever decide to resell (and I do change my mind from time to time, sometimes even to make room for newer releases). But at least the figure seems to be untouched as far as I can tell.

Thanks. I contacted them and the rep I spoke to said she'd never heard of that happening. She checked with someone and they said the box was probably damaged when it arrived. I asked what they'd do in the event that I wanted to pay for double boxing, and she said they'd probably ship inside two plain brown boxes. I'm a little annoyed because these boxes are important should I ever decide to resell (and I do change my mind from time to time, sometimes even to make room for newer releases). But at least the figure seems to be untouched as far as I can tell.
They’re lying.

And the brown shipper really isn’t important for selling, any old cardboard box does the same job.

I strongly doubt that, unless that CSR is new. They’ve been doing this for a while now.

I’ve sold a lot of figures (almost all with shipper) and there are a good number of people who don’t want the figure without it. It’s definitely easier to sell with the shipper, though there are certainly folks who don’t care and the rare few that throw out the packaging altogether.

If you were to sell it, someone would buy it without the shipper. I think more people are used to buying from Hong Kong as well these days, though I’m amused by the reviews on the HK seller sites complaining about not getting a shipper.

Still annoying for Sideshow to do. It’s not acceptable, especially as the distributor. Never had that happen with one of their authorized retailers.

Last edited:
I don’t get why people would be upset by not getting a shipper when ordering with HK dealers. Since they order physically at Secret Base it’s not an option for them.

Then again, why would you be upset for not getting a shipper? Not like a HT cardboard shipper is superior to a regular market shipper.

Edit: Sideshow get all their figures in the brown HT shippers. Therefore It’s odd if you aren’t getting one with them. Also the stories of people receiving used, opened, figures from Sideshow sold as “brand new” is disturbing. Especially since these are HIGH END items they are selling.

Last edited:
I don’t get why people would be upset by not getting a shipper when ordering with HK dealers. Since they order physically at Secret Base it’s not an option for them.
There’s a lot of entitled people out there who don’t know how things work and have never cared enough to dig deeper to find out anything beyond what they think they know.

The HT shipper are usually sturdier than some of the shippers HK sellers use but the HK sellers also put bubble wrapper in over the art box before they put it in the shipper, something that you won't get if they ship with the HT shipper.

The HT shipper are usually sturdier than some of the shippers HK sellers use but the HK sellers also put bubble wrapper in over the art box before they put it in the shipper, something that you won't get if they ship with the HT shipper.
They used to be, but now the shipper box cardboard is flimsier than the plot of TROS.

I personally have all my figures with the shippers and prefer it that way, but I understand why some don’t care at all.

Well, I passed on this figure when it initially became available, as I wasn't convinced that I needed him in the collection and felt that I would rather put the funds towards a different figure. But a year later, I came across a good deal and pulled the trigger and he is now in route.

I plan on displaying him flanking Moff Gideon along with a Dark Trooper.

Well, I passed on this figure when it initially became available, as I wasn't convinced that I needed him in the collection and felt that I would rather put the funds towards a different figure. But a year later, I came across a good deal and pulled the trigger and he is now in route.

I plan on displaying him flanking Moff Gideon along with a Dark Trooper.

I like having him. He is at least a trooper I can stand to buy just one. But I'm not buying that silly mustard trooper.

Does this have the same flame effect as the Flame Trooper?
No, they are different in color and shape, especially at the attachment point. (credit to the photos below go to fellow Freaks. Not my pics.)

Incinerator Trooper:
Incinerator trooper.jpg

ST Flamethrower Trooper:
ST Flame Thrower.jpg

Back