1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 029 - The Mandalorian: Moff Gideon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SPECULATION: The Mandalorian: Moff Gideon.

The Empire would never have just collapsed after ROTJ, it just never made sense. Most likely Imperial elites, like Moffs and Governors would become regional warlords wherever still possible, especially outside the Republic core. I'm sure for a good couple decades after Palpatine's death, there were some Imperial warlords with massive reserves of Imperial hardware, tech, ships and men. Some of which, I'm guessing, would have eventually formed the First Order. At least, before The Rise of Skywalker retconned it.

So, 5 years after ROTJ and empire has significant power. Then this show undermines Anakin's legacy.

Says OT purist.

I'd argue the opposite. The show definitely gives the impressions that The Empire has collapsed and continuing to do so. The "Client" seems powerful, connected but at the same time only has Remnant Stormtroopers, The Moff on the other hand is trying to operate as if nothing has changed even though it's clear that The Asset is vital to whatever he is trying to do. Both are Imperial but both in very different places in terms of stability and don't even work together - I would say that The Empire is crumbling even their weaponry finds it's way to offworlders most likely sold for credits or some other type of advantage if not outright stolen. None of this would have happened before ROTJ.

The Empire looks worse off in The Mandalorian than it did under Grand Admiral Thrawn during the same period in the EU novels.

But then we've only seen a small section of it, and Moff Gideon's better equipped units point towards the existence of a more organised Remnant.

Imagine Thrawn was the main villain in Season 2. Is he dead in canon?

Moff hires Boba to go after mando and the asset in season 2.

If nothing else this character would be cool to get a figure of to have some more Imperial officers on the shelf. Only have Tarkin at the moment and Krennic should be coming soon. I agree Moff Gideon hasn’t done a lot yet, but I’m sure we’ll see more of him in season two.

Imagine Thrawn was the main villain in Season 2. Is he dead in canon?

While he died in the Legends The Last Command, it looks like he's still alive in the canon:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mitth'raw'nuruodo

But that's because it looks like all the canon works are set before the Thrawn Trilogy, so there's a chance the Legends will become canon and Thrawn will be dead at the same point again.

I know little of Thrawn beyond the fact he explores the unknown regions; I'm just thinking a D+ show that's basically a malicious version of Star Trek with Thrawn and co. going where no one has gone before sounds hella awesome.

Those EU or Legend stuffs are simply too much for me to digest....

Those EU or Legend stuffs are simply too much for me to digest....

There's a lot of it now, and I haven't kept up for years.

So what's canon to me are generally the stories told from the 1970s to the 1990s.

The original Brian Daley Han Solo (1979-80) and L. Neil Smith Lando Calrissian (1983) trilogies are the classics, then there were several trilogies such as Zhan's Thrawn, Crispin's Han Solo and MacBride's Corellian. Single books that stood out were Shadows of the Empire, The Crystal Star, The Courtship of Princess Leia and The Truce at Bakura.

Then Star Wars EU exploded and there was just too much to keep up with, and I was really only interested in the Empire and New Republic eras.

I’ve been waiting for any new Mandalorian figures. I guess they aren’t going to put anything more up for pre-order until they see how the first batch does. So now it’s a matter of waiting.

I have a bad feeling Hot Toys only had a couple of The Mandalorian figures prototyped, mainly because they wanted to see how it was received. Of course they will be working fast now to get Baby Yoda stuff done. Probably as Cosbaby variants, but with a bit of luck also a 1:1 version like Baby Groot.

As for Moff Gideon I guess he'll be a Season 2 figure.

I really wish they decided to make a Kuiil figure to release sometime later this year. But I'd say the chances are low now. A real pity really.

I doubt there'll be anything else soon. Everything they announced they almost assuredly made from a preproduction information and not the actual series, and also probably they were directed by Lucasfilm on what to make. Hasbro unveiled a Heavy Mandalorian at basically the same time Hot Toys did, and they had their figure already produced, that's not a coincidence.

I doubt there'll be anything else soon. Everything they announced they almost assuredly made from a preproduction information and not the actual series, and also probably they were directed by Lucasfilm on what to make. Hasbro unveiled a Heavy Mandalorian at basically the same time Hot Toys did, and they had their figure already produced, that's not a coincidence.

Hasbro also did a Cara Dune, so there's a good chance there's a Hot Toys prototype made. However, it doesn't mean it'll see release anytime soon.

Hasbro also did a Cara Dune, so there's a good chance there's a Hot Toys prototype made. However, it doesn't mean it'll see release anytime soon.

I feel like they went the easy way out, no headsculpts, all armor/droid. They probably didn't want to invest the time for it without knowing the show's response. I'd rather a Cara Dune than every other figure Mandalorian aside.

Cara and Gideon prototypes will likely be shown, collectors will show huge interest in them, and then they'll never release for some reason.

Cara and Gideon prototypes will likely be shown, collectors will show huge interest in them, and then they'll never release for some reason.

Haha maybe. However if a Cara proto has been made they may also be keeping something new for the Summer cons, to keep our attention on the Hot Toys space until the new season.

I could totally see them doing that. Just hope they do it with a Kuiil instead, and keep Cara for season 2 release :lol

Back