1/6 Hot Toys - The Clone Wars: Coruscant Guard Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, because that would make it too easy.

Plus nothing brings people together here like grousing about the weird decisions Hot Toys makes sometimes.

I've no intention of using the effects pieces, but you're probably right not to force it. Sometimes those types of plastics can get brittle and snap with little warning.

I tend to think figures look better without them anyway. Something like this displays so well, the shock effects just seem distracting.
Just got both my Guards--regarding tolerances if there is anything to complain about on these last runs of clones is the gun hand. I feel like I am on the verge of breaking the fingers off to get their pistols/rifles in the death grip. I guess better tighter than looser but it feels a bit dangerous to fit. Anyone else experience this?

Just got both my Guards--regarding tolerances if there is anything to complain about on these last runs of clones is the gun hand. I feel like I am on the verge of breaking the fingers off to get their pistols/rifles in the death grip. I guess better tighter than looser but it feels a bit dangerous to fit. Anyone else experience this?
Use a hair dryer, be careful though since it heats up quickly.

Edit: Also, always attach the gun to the hand before inserting hand onto body.

Last edited:
Hands have been one of the big issues with Hot Toys figures these past few years. Either the lack of variety, lack of proper hands for the character or accessories, or iffy quality.

I've not had an issue with most. You just have to gently massage the fingers apart. Hairdryer or boiling water helps, though not with certain harder materials they use sometimes.

But it does help most to put the weapon in the hand before putting the hand on the figure. I often use the grip and trigger to sort of leverage the fingers apart, which is easier with just the hand and not the entire figure.

Hands have been one of the big issues with Hot Toys figures these past few years. Either the lack of variety, lack of proper hands for the character or accessories, or iffy quality.

I've not had an issue with most. You just have to gently massage the fingers apart. Hairdryer or boiling water helps, though not with certain harder materials they use sometimes.

But it does help most to put the weapon in the hand before putting the hand on the figure. I often use the grip and trigger to sort of leverage the fingers apart, which is easier with just the hand and not the entire figure.
Yeah I'd agree on that. And they are arguably the simplest part of every single figure.

The worst is no hand for the 501st gatling gun / heavy repeating gun. That shows HT didn't think about it at all !

Yeah I'd agree on that. And they are arguably the simplest part of every single figure.

The worst is no hand for the 501st gatling gun / heavy repeating gun. That shows HT didn't think about it at all !
They probably thought about it. They just didn’t care. :lol

I used the pair for holding the electro staff that came with the Coruscant Guard figures.

Will we ever see ROTS Sidious or Commander Fox ? The correct answer would be NEVER.
20211030_184653.jpg

Awesome pics @potatoes212

These guys need Sideous or Commander Fox, I do think they look better on the shelves than the 501st.

The 501st have the luxury of having Anakin, Rex, (hopefully soon) Ahsoka and even Kenobi/Cody look good with them. These poor Coruscant troopers are on their own.

These guys need Sideous or Commander Fox, I do think they look better on the shelves than the 501st.

The 501st have the luxury of having Anakin, Rex, (hopefully soon) Ahsoka and even Kenobi/Cody look good with them. These poor Coruscant troopers are on their own.
thanks @SOU7567! I may try to flank the Emperor with them just for fun. Then it begs for a Sidious update from ROTS. Rex coming soon should help with clones standing in groups with no battle droids to fight.

@Hoody999 Yeah at some point I was just laying out trooper hands all over the place trying to figure out how to hold it properly-gotta keep trying out more hands! And yes this gun has been sitting in the box for just that reason, its very cool!

Agreed, getting Fox or Thorn to go with these would be nice, and it'd be great if they finally made a prequel Palpatine or Sidious. They could also work with Padme as a diplomatic guard. C'mon, Hot Toys.

They do work with the Imperials that have been released though, in an early Empire display - Palaptine, Tarkin, Vader. I have those three and Krennic with Royal Guards and the red really pops, so I could see pairing these with them as well.

Last edited:
Back