1/6 Hot Toys - The Clone Wars: Coruscant Guard Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really amazing what presence these guys have. Really hope Fox or Thorn are coming. Can't say I'd get another generic guy but the red looks so good, I would definitely buy a named clone for the way the would look displayed together.

7C2867B5-CAF4-49DB-949C-54654C51D2E7.jpeg

Quick picture and pose. Happy to add it to the table(dust)-collection! Like it’s weathering, think the white is better than the 501st’s. As you see on the picture, it’s a little on the darker/yellow side. Instills hope with their future releases will be superior to the former.

edit: noticed a small pink spot on the back, probably spilled red paint. Any recommendation on how to remove it?

View attachment 565707
Quick picture and pose. Happy to add it to the table(dust)-collection! Like it’s weathering, think the white is better than the 501st’s. As you see on the picture, it’s a little on the darker/yellow side. Instills hope with their future releases will be superior to the former.

edit: noticed a small pink spot on the back, probably spilled red paint. Any recommendation on how to remove it?

Do you have a loupe at all? I use a jewellers loupe and a scalpel to remove paint spots. It would be trick to do by hand otherwise. But with a loupe, you can do very precise work.

Do you have a loupe at all? I use a jewellers loupe and a scalpel to remove paint spots. It would be trick to do by hand otherwise. But with a loupe, you can do very precise work.
Nope, I don’t own a loupe. Don’t think I’ll need one, but nice tip. Thanks! What tool would you use to remove the paint? Alcohol and a cotton swab?
EDIT: never mind, see that you use a scalpel. But would it not create excessive damage? Might give your solution a try!

Last edited:
Nope, I don’t own a loupe. Don’t think I’ll need one, but nice tip. Thanks! What tool would you use to remove the paint? Alcohol and a cotton swab?
EDIT: never mind, see that you use a scalpel. But would it not create excessive damage? Might give your solution a try!

Always do least aggressive first. Isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip would hopefully work. If not then maybe a light automotive compound. Usually works for me at that point. Hopefully you won't have to, but lightly sanding or scraping with a hobby knife would be potential steps after that.

Depending on the material, sometimes it's better not to chase it if it's not in a highly visible area.

Always do least aggressive first. Isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip would hopefully work. If not then maybe a light automotive compound. Usually works for me at that point. Hopefully you won't have to, but lightly sanding or scraping with a hobby knife would be potential steps after that.

Depending on the material, sometimes it's better not to chase it if it's not in a highly visible area.
Thank you. I’ll try to remove it gently with isopropyl. Wonder though, is something worth contacting SS for? It’s such a small issue, but still annoying for something worth $220.

It’s located on the back, right next to the square, maybe 2x2 mm. Back won’t be noticeable on display. You know what’s funny, I remember my old 3 inch Hasbro shock trooper from 2005 having the same issue on some areas.

Thank you. I’ll try to remove it gently with isopropyl. Wonder though, is something worth contacting SS for? It’s such a small issue, but still annoying for something worth $220.

It’s located on the back, right next to the square, maybe 2x2 mm. Back won’t be noticeable on display. You know what’s funny, I remember my old 3 inch Hasbro shock trooper from 2005 having the same issue on some areas.

Is it on a piece of armor that can be removed and replaced? That would probably make it easier to get it replaced.

If it’s really small they might just say it’s something that happens but it doesn’t hurt to ask. You did spend good money on it. They could at least offer you some sort of credit.

Make sure to document it first, but hopefully it’s a quick fix unless it’s under the clear coat which would make it more difficult.

Is it on a piece of armor that can be removed and replaced? That would probably make it easier to get it replaced.

If it’s really small they might just say it’s something that happens but it doesn’t hurt to ask. You did spend good money on it. They could at least offer you some sort of credit.

Make sure to document it first, but hopefully it’s a quick fix unless it’s under the clear coat which would make it more difficult.
Thanks for the reply, Myen! Contacted support and just opened up the box with a replacement body. Weird they didn’t just send me the chest armour, but a while new body with armour. But, I’m happy since I now have a “clean” armour!

Now… Where do they sell spare parts?

Thanks for the reply, Myen! Contacted support and just opened up the box with a replacement body. Weird they didn’t just send me the chest armour, but a while new body with armour. But, I’m happy since I now have a “clean” armour!

Now… Where do they sell spare parts?

Glad to hear they took care of you. Yeah, if they deem a part on a body is not easily removable then they’ll just send a new body.

They’re not perfect but usually they’re still very good about replacements.

Glad to hear they took care of you. Yeah, if they deem a part on a body is not easily removable then they’ll just send a new body.

They’re not perfect but usually they’re still very good about replacements.
Totally. They more or less replaced 50% of my Grievous figure. Take clear pictures of the issue and they’ll send replacement parts, or offer alternatives. Great, compared to other retailers, where replacement programs are nonexistent.

Had/have issues with my Boba deluxe with KGHobby, said they were forwarding the issue to HT. Never received any replacement parts or resolution to my issue, sadly.

Anyway, does anyone on here have knowledge of a shop or place that currently sells coruscant guard shoes/feet? Toy anxiety have 0 in stock at the moment, not sure if they’ll do another breakdown…

Finally have one of these guys on the way. He’ll be my fourth Clone alongside Rex, Cody, and the standard 501st. Now to decide if I want any others (aside from Jesse who’s on pre-order).

Congrats! He looks great.

Feel like he's slept on a bit because he doesn't have many other characters, unlike the 501st, that they go with.

Bruh. A jeweler's loupe is a damn handy thing to have. They're not expensive, and being able to see that close is very useful.

Congrats! He looks great.

Feel like he's slept on a bit because he doesn't have many other characters, unlike the 501st, that they go with.
See to me I actually think he’s one of the cooler looking Clones. The red pops and it’s on a good chunk of the armor. Kind of would like two because I feel like they should be at least a pair. The 501st I’ve got Rex and will have Jesse to kind of make a squad with.

See to me I actually think he’s one of the cooler looking Clones. The red pops and it’s on a good chunk of the armor. Kind of would like two because I feel like they should be at least a pair. The 501st I’ve got Rex and will have Jesse to kind of make a squad with.
I agree with you. I think these are excellent looking. They're on my May 4th list as well. Hopefully they'll be part of the 25% off on SS since they're always on the "thank you" coupons. Good chance since they usually put majority of the troopers on sale.

I'm with ya, I think he pops on the shelf, I have 2 and feel like that is the perfect amount.

The 501st just have more characters to go with.

Back