1/6 Hot Toys - The Clone Wars: Coruscant Guard Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20211016_144422.jpg

I really like the colors of these Clones and would love to own one or more, but unfortunately I don't have a lot of space in my 3 Detolfs and these poor guys lost out to the 501st

Great idea for a scene! I'll have to dig Palps out for a couple of shots when I get him!
I ordered 2, they should be here by tomorrow. I bought them specifically to flank the Emperor. I missed out on a second royal guard back in the day--but I like these guards better! All the shots of him look awesome!

Every time someone posts an image of the CS guard here, there is never a bad shot. The white red and black looks amazing--the 501's for some reason has less battle damage on it and looks "soft" from a distance.

I just opened up my pair; has anyone been able to push the electrical effects onto the tip as far as they're shown from Hot Toys? The instructions show them all the way on the staff, but my effects pieces are too tight to do that.

I haven't done that cause I don't plan on displaying it.
Gotta tell you...this displays well. I might want to pick up a third.
Have the 501st but this one is great!!

I just opened up my pair; has anyone been able to push the electrical effects onto the tip as far as they're shown from Hot Toys? The instructions show them all the way on the staff, but my effects pieces are too tight to do that.

Nope, mine goes about halfway or so.

flip them the other way :dunno

Yeah tried that but then they're loose and not facing the right way. I don't get Hot Toys engineering tolerances. Like even with the stands, the peg is the exact size it needs to be to fit and then anything that happens in production makes it too fat to stick in. Same here, they can't make these 0.5mm bigger to easily slide on and off in the right position?

Yeah tried that but then they're loose and not facing the right way. I don't get Hot Toys engineering tolerances. Like even with the stands, the peg is the exact size it needs to be to fit and then anything that happens in production makes it too fat to stick in. Same here, they can't make these 0.5mm bigger to easily slide on and off in the right position?
You may not like the answer to this, but I just forced them further down on the end and they just fit. Of course they are not as far down as some of the blogger/professional shots but it is up to you how much you might want to get it snug. I just got mine yesterday and it looks good, and is in no threat of falling off.

No, because that would make it too easy.

Plus nothing brings people together here like grousing about the weird decisions Hot Toys makes sometimes.

I've no intention of using the effects pieces, but you're probably right not to force it. Sometimes those types of plastics can get brittle and snap with little warning.

I tend to think figures look better without them anyway. Something like this displays so well, the shock effects just seem distracting.

Back