Hot Toys- TDK - TWO-FACE / Harvey Dent Hi res spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really impressive how nice the sculpting on the Two-Face head turned out considering 2 separate arists worked on it, it could easily have come out a mismatch. I wonder if Andy B. got to do the burnt side, he's still with DC right?

I wondered if Andy was the sculptor on that as well... kind of strange they'd have an unamed US artist.

Hi this is my first post- I've been following the forums for a while so I feel weird actually saying anything, but it really does look to me like his coin is the same one from the teaser shot ( the Batman Forever coin.) I remember seeing the teaser shots of the original HT Joker and noting how the scars and paint were rather un-accurate and hoping that perhaps the production model would be different, to no avail. Can we really count on HT to update anything from these pictures?

Oh, and shame on them if they don't include a bunch of coins like they did with Joker's cards. Those things will be easier to lose than .......something very easy to lose!

Thanks again wookster, great stuff!

As far as any transition on the sculpt, remember 2 sculptors sculpted this head in 2 parts, Yulli's Dent and someone else's TF, so it may have been impossible to match transitional elements during the sculpting process...

So , now that they have a 1 piece head, HT may opt to do some tweaking in that area. In any case, I am more than thrilled with this Figure.

More-

Interesting that the damaged part of the face is by a US artist, but no name yet, I wonder if the anonymity means it might have been someone involved in the movie, HT closer links to DCD now, might make that possible?

Looks seriously good though!

5TDK_Two-Face_HarveyDent.jpg

6TDK_Two-Face_HarveyDent.jpg

7TDK_Two-Face_HarveyDent.jpg

8TDK_Two-Face_HarveyDent.jpg

9TDK_Two-Face_HarveyDent.jpg

10TDK_Two-Face_HarveyDent.jpg

11TDK_Two-Face_HarveyDent.jpg

12TDK_Two-Face_HarveyDent.jpg

13TDK_Two-Face_HarveyDent.jpg

14TDK_Two-Face_HarveyDent.jpg

I wondered if Andy was the sculptor on that as well... kind of strange they'd have an unamed US artist.

Unless the circumstances make the artist want to be anonymous. First assumption would be that it's someone involved with DCD, but perhaps it even goes back to WB somehow, and maybe they had to use a U.S. artist to protect reference material from getting out there.

Given the nature and figural needs of the character, I'm glad Harvey's a sculpted neck too, looks much more realistic this way.

8TDK_Two-Face_HarveyDent.jpg

I'm seriously thinking of displaying this one as Harvey Dent rather than the more obvious Two-face. That headsculpt is simply fantastic.

The sculpt is incredible. I glad they took out the neck joint. I'm never was a fan of it. Only Enterbay comes close to the realism. This is only a sample of better things to come.

One thing's baffling me, they've got the burnt jacket going around the back of the collar, yet it looks almost as though the body of the jacket is only burnt on the front half, you can see the seam where the front and back meet, and there's this odd gap of undamaged cloth between the sleeve and the body for some reason, not sure why they did that. Looks alright, but would look better if the damaged elements blended more.

One thing's baffling me, they've got the burnt jacket going around the back of the collar, yet it looks almost as though the body of the jacket is only burnt on the front half, you can see the seam where the front and back meet, and there's this odd gap of undamaged cloth between the sleeve and the body for some reason, not sure why they did that. Looks alright, but would look better if the damaged elements blended more.

Hope they fix that....now that you mention it, it does look odd.

Hi this is my first post- I've been following the forums for a while so I feel weird actually saying anything, but it really does look to me like his coin is the same one from the teaser shot ( the Batman Forever coin.) I remember seeing the teaser shots of the original HT Joker and noting how the scars and paint were rather un-accurate and hoping that perhaps the production model would be different, to no avail. Can we really count on HT to update anything from these pictures?

I think the coin holding hand has also switched from the right to the left.

Hopefully we will at least get Harvey's lucky coin and Two-Face's damaged coin.

I haven't really seen this mentioned, but doesn't the burnt half of the suit look like pleather? That is a much better choice than rubber. It actually looks fairly accurate too!

Does joe still have these on pre-order because hot damn I need this figure to complete the triumverate(sp?).

Perhaps it's a conscious choice made by Hot Toys. You'll notice that there's also a gap between the shoulder and the top of the arm sleeve and the burns also end at the elbow. Perhaps the back does have burn detailing that continues after the small gap.

The unburned area from elbow to wrist gets me wondering how HT managed to mix pleather(?) with the regular cloth material so well without being too obvious.

Most likely, it's to allow the figure's articulation to move freely. The gap between the breast and sleeve is directly over the shoulder joint. As for the burns only on the front, perhaps it's because only the front was burnt? I don't remember ever seeing a good shot of Two-Face's suit from the back.

Personally, I am more than thrilled with what I'm seeing. It's better than anything I expected, and worrying about whatever small inaccuracies there are isn't worth the time.

Back