Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they're are a business, not a puppet. Marvel has always a huge buzz in Asia region, and Star Wars is not.
Correct. Howard is incredibly passionate about Star Wars. That’s probably why Hot Toys does Star Wars at all, it’s just not a popular production in Asia, with Japan being a notable exception.

A lot of things popular in North America, Europe and Australia don’t resonate in Asia. Marvel, and to a lesser extent James Bond and DC, are franchises that have done well. But Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc just haven’t taken off outside of Japan and likely never will. Although I think the last Pirates did better in Asia even though it sucked, but the first three performed poorly.

Just gotta be happy we get stuff outside of Marvel from Hot Toys these days.

I say we’ll see some rank and file clones eventually, I honestly don’t see Wolffe or the like being made, just crazy we haven’t gotten the 212th yet considering he was the first standard clone ever shown off. Then again, Loki was huge and we haven’t seen a single figure from it so who knows

We *should* get Wolffe tho, he is a boss-looking character for sure and has very distinctive touches. I'm not saying we will get him, but a HT version would look very fine on the shelf.

I would love to see HT do a Wolffe figure. It actually wouldn’t bother me a bit if they went a little clone crazy. There are a lot of them I wouldn’t mind having from HT.

We *should* get Wolffe tho, he is a boss-looking character for sure and has very distinctive touches. I'm not saying we will get him, but a HT version would look very fine on the shelf.
For Wolffe we need Plo Koon and I would get both.

I got that e-mail for my 2nd Rex, not my first, who was ordered on Day 1.

Thinking some of us might still see him by the end of the month or so.

Correct. Howard is incredibly passionate about Star Wars. That’s probably why Hot Toys does Star Wars at all, it’s just not a popular production in Asia, with Japan being a notable exception.

A lot of things popular in North America, Europe and Australia don’t resonate in Asia. Marvel, and to a lesser extent James Bond and DC, are franchises that have done well. But Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc just haven’t taken off outside of Japan and likely never will. Although I think the last Pirates did better in Asia even though it sucked, but the first three performed poorly.

Just gotta be happy we get stuff outside of Marvel from Hot Toys these days.
yup no complaint here. By this time next year this section'd flooded with new announcements from Book of Boba, Kenobi and Cassian, so I prefer to take it slow this year to finish off my preorders slowly.

We wanted to let you know that the estimated arrival date for your Captain Rex has changed. Based on the latest production information, we now expect your item to arrive into our warehouse in Oct-Dec 2021. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we do look forward to shipping out this item to you when it arrives. If you need to update any information on your order AA, you can do so easily through your online account.​
Happy Collecting,​
The Sideshow Team

Last edited:
My flex pay was already postponed to October. But this mail suggests it can also be postponed to December, I guess.

Figure of the year

Attachments

• 10CA95AC-7C88-4A56-91FE-337C1FD88C06.jpeg
    10CA95AC-7C88-4A56-91FE-337C1FD88C06.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 117
You're not having much luck with figure deliveries this yr mate.
Sorry to hear.
Cursed :lol
@chrisstruthers That's crazy. Did they say why?
A bunch of jargon I couldn't be bothered reading, but I'm just looking at this thinking "Where is Rex? Is he Safe? Is he alright?".

I stopped using FedEx years ago because they do nothing but **** me about, but it was the fastest service TBA offered so I risked it :lol.
1633603294095.png

Back