Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is just me, but what I would do:
2022 - 212th Trooper, Fives, Fox, Wrecker
2023 - Wolfpack Trooper, Wolffe, Howser, Wrecker
2024 - ARC Echo, Waxer, Gree, Jesse
2025 - 442nd Trooper, Gregor, Kix

I think it's not overkill and it would give us five good years of Clone Troopers

I'd take all of those please.

But add in a regular shiny, that is inevitable I think. I think the 212th will come before the Kenobi show or with it at least.

BTW, Rex will be on Unsealed and Revealed next Wednesday, which means we might see some Rex's ship the following week.

I'd take all of those please.

But add in a regular shiny, that is inevitable I think. I think the 212th will come before the Kenobi show or with it at least.

BTW, Rex will be on Unsealed and Revealed next Wednesday, which means we might see some Rex's ship the following week.
I hope so I’m just waiting for the final payment/taxes and shipping notification at SS.

I hope so I’m just waiting for the final payment/taxes and shipping notification at SS.

Same, I never got the delayed notification for my first Rex, so I'm hoping we get a nice e-mail about our payments being processed lol.

It would make sense, for the troopers, we started getting the payment processing/about to be in our warehouse e-mails about a week after they showed up on Unsealed and Revealed.

Fingers crossed. I also look forward to the guy fumbling with the figures lol.

I keep thinking that. I really hope Hot Toys makes Fives, Jesse, Echo and Kix. I don't want them to overextend themselves on Clones, but they really need to make some more. They just look too good.
I would love it they would release the 212th and Airborne Troopers they teased.

2023 - Wolfpack Trooper, Wolffe, Howser, Wrecker

I think it's not overkill and it would give us five good years of Clone Troopers
Seems like overkill to me. After a few they’re all just gonna start feeling like the same thing with a new coat of paint.

Not even a single PT/CW release up to this point and yet people are still dreaming big, better stay happy with your Rex and 501st clones then.

There is not going to be much of anything besides stuff from the TV shows that are about to hit one after another. HT won't even be able to keep up with those.

Pre
There is not going to be much of anything besides stuff from the TV shows that are about to hit one after another. HT won't even be able to keep up with those.
Pretty much. My only hope is that ot/pt characters show up in their original outfits and looks and we get them that way. Especially andor, we should get a few good troopers out of it.

I disagree but to each their own.

They'll continue to make them as long as they sell, I just hope they space them out.
For me, it’s more about not letting Hot Toys get away with mold reuse. Troopers are popular - no question - but it kills lines when trooper variants upon variants occupy most new releases. I’ve been collecting for 3 decades and it’s the same song and dance for lines of all scales, but especially SW!

They can't even announce the entire Bad Batch team. :lol Theres no way they could keep that schedule

Not even a single PT/CW release up to this point and yet people are still dreaming big, better stay happy with your Rex and 501st clones then.

Agreed. They will make more Clones, but very spaced out. Probably when there’s a projected lull in new content coming.

The new content model is to chase subscriptions, which means having new content constantly. Luckily for us, the quality of the content has been fairly solid.

But that means Hot Toys will be very busy with figures being planned out well in advance for shows schedule to dovetail each other in release.

So unfortunately, figures from legacy media will have to be sprinkled in throughout the year whenever they can find space in between figures from new Disney+ content.

It’s always been a waiting game, but the wait is just going to get a bit longer for us.

2023 - Wolfpack Trooper, Wolffe, Howser, Tech

My priorities with regards to clone collecting have definitely changed due to Hot Toys' previous clone offerings. Before I'd definitely have wanted to complete the ROTS clone commanders first and foremost, now they're pushed back a bit in the priority list.

Something like this for me...

1) 212th &/or Airborne (to partner with Cody and hopefully CW Obi-Wan)
2) Commander Fox to go with the Coruscant Guard
3) Commander Wolffe and the Wolfpack
4) Phase 2 Fives and Jesse &/or Echo (to go with Rex)
5) Wrecker, Tech & Crosshair (to complete Clone Force 99)
6) The ROTS Clone Commanders (Gree, Bacara, Bly & Neyo)
7) The ROTS Clone Battalions (Kashyyyk Scout, Galactic Marine etc.)
8) The the really cool stuff like Gregor and the Clone Commandos, Commander Doom etc.

In terms of favourites (not that anyone asked) =

Favourite individual trooper = Fives
Favourite commander = Wolffe
Favourite trooper = Galactic Marine

I think everyone can agree that Fives would sell like hot cakes. If there was a good sculpt it’d be as in demand as Rex. He always pops up on want lists and he was a beloved character from the show. Seems like a no brainer.

He looks cooler than Rex tbh. Maybe only some of the clone commandos can compete aesthetically.

The amount of money the SS Fives gets on the secondary market nowadays is insane. I never see myself selling off my Sideshow Fives and Echo, even with their crap bodies.

Fives would sell very well for Hot Toys.

Back