Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, but that its a big mistake, bocuse taht kind of figures is the reference for costuming groups like 501st or propmakers to make an acurated realistic version of the helmet.

It looks very good, however it is the third sculpture that they take out recently of Rex that does not have the welding lines on the cheeks of the helmet, This is the bust of the Old Rex and the sculpture of gentlegigan, in which also the welding lines are missing and it does not make sense, why would be the function of the welding line of the forehead?
Because of us. We don't raise our voices and give feedback on prototypes. I wrote to them about cheeks, nothing's changed. Probably they got 10 feedback at most regarding the cheeks and did not bother with fixing it. If thousand collectors wrote, they propably would have fixed that.

I can definitely understand some collectors being a bit frustrated with it, especially if Hot Toys gets to a few Clone Commanders and ARC Troopers down the line and uses the movie like pauldrons (which you can see on someone like Commander Bly), Rex will stand out a bit more with the animated pauldron.

It is amazing that hottoys continue with Clone commanders, only if it lacks a little in the sculpture of Rex's helmet, but still waiting for the figure to arrive.

Because of us. We don't raise our voices and give feedback on prototypes. I wrote to them about cheeks, nothing's changed. Probably they got 10 feedback at most regarding the cheeks and did not bother with fixing it. If thousand collectors wrote, they propably would have fixed that.
What cheeks lol

I can definitely understand some collectors being a bit frustrated with it, especially if Hot Toys gets to a few Clone Commanders and ARC Troopers down the line and uses the movie like pauldrons (which you can see on someone like Commander Bly), Rex will stand out a bit more with the animated pauldron.
I’m almost confident that Hot Toys won’t do any more Clone Commanders. Maybe we’ll get a shiny but that’s all. I personally don’t like the movie style pauldron

I finally caved and ordered which means I’m about to order General Skywalker too. The two will look good with aksoka whether they release general Kenobi or not.

Don’t say that. It’s an incomplete set without kenobi. Just like RO is incomplete without cassian and baze, empire is incomplete without han, rotj is incomplete without han and Vader, and I need help...

Don’t say that. It’s an incomplete set without kenobi. Just like RO is incomplete without cassian and baze, empire is incomplete without han, rotj is incomplete without han and Vader, and I need help...
Ok but Han is one of the Big Three so we all need more Han in our displays.

I’m almost confident that Hot Toys won’t do any more Clone Commanders. Maybe we’ll get a shiny but that’s all. I personally don’t like the movie style pauldron

I doubt that, clones are easy money down the line and Star Wars has a bunch of legions and commanders they can get to. Most of it will be reused assets as well.

I'm confident we'll see more down the road.

I doubt that, clones are easy money down the line and Star Wars has a bunch of legions and commanders they can get to. Most of it will be reused assets as well.

yeah, probably within 5 years time frame.

They absolutely will do more Clone commanders.

But it’ll be spaced out because there’s a lot of Star Wars projects on the horizon and they likely want to avoid Clone fatigue by pushing out too much at once.

At this point, figures from The Book of Boba Fett would be in development along with groundwork for Mandalorian Season 3 and whatever else they’ve got cooking.

It’s a hobby that requires patience, now more than ever. Hang in there.

Complaining about something 1% shorter or longer, or a fabric a shade darker/lighter is nitpicking. Complaining about lack of something which is obviously present in the show from a company advertise themselves with "attention to detail" and charges for it is another thing.

You could probably get a 3d printed pauldron, paint it yourself and throw it on rex. Think it would look good and not too difficult to do.

Noticed that as well, think it is something that the companies are just missing. There are a few more inaccuracies with the figure that I'm willing to live with, the visor is more inspired by TCW then movie Phase 1 clones, the pauldron is wrong and based off TCW and not the movies and we don't have straps for the blasters. All things I can live with.
What straps do you mean regarding the blasters?

Back