Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after a month going back and forth with Toys Wonderland, they finally shipped my figure today. Dear Lord! Never again from them!
Interesting. Guess it varies like any company. I’m about 6 or 7 figures in with TW and all orders have been handled flawlessly with fast shipping and excellent packaging.

I'm torn, got this guy paired up with Cody and a 501st deluxe, but I don't know if I should do a commanders only shelf or break them up into divisions... Like rex and 501st guys, and Cody and the 212, if they ever see the light of day...

I'm torn, got this guy paired up with Cody and a 501st deluxe, but I don't know if I should do a commanders only shelf or break them up into divisions... Like rex and 501st guys, and Cody and the 212, if they ever see the light of day...
Just switch it up. Have it one way for awhile and than have the other. Best of both worlds.

I guess the answer depends on your display set up. The most classic option would be Rex with a pair of 501st and Cody with a pair of 212th.

If it’s not a Detolf and all six can occupy the same shelf, then that would look great.

For now, Rex, Cody, and some 501st together work just fine. Plus Cody spent a lot of early TCW episodes with Rex seemingly away from the 212th because the 501st is cooler to him too apparently.

Finally I’ve unboxed commander Rex. Cool figure! Headsculpt is well executed, mine has the “sweat” spot on the forehead sadly, but it isn’t too noticeable. Like the greenish wash, makes him look like a veteran soldier who’s been in many operations. A frontline general.
6D67433A-BF45-47F9-966D-64FAB00C59A7.jpeg

B2FF72C3-BABB-4C0A-9C52-8D7C4C17A8C4.jpeg

I saw some listings on eBay for what looks like a KO of Rex's sculpt. I wonder why they waited for Rex instead of using Cody's?

Finally I’ve unboxed commander Rex. Cool figure! Headsculpt is well executed, mine has the “sweat” spot on the forehead sadly, but it isn’t too noticeable. Like the greenish wash, makes him look like a veteran soldier who’s been in many operations. A frontline general.

Congrats on getting him in.

Does your head sculpt have a glossy spot on it? I've only ever had that happen once, but I was provided a replacement. You should ask for one.

Still no updates on my Rex. I did only just preorder him 20 days ago though lol. Good to see another batch of preorders are getting ready to ship from sideshow!

Yup, a small glossy spot. Bought with KG, don’t think they’ll replace it. But I’ll give it a try!

They might ask you to send it to them so they can get it replaced, but they should do something for you.

They might try to offer some sort partial refund instead as well.

But it is a defect so you need to bring it up for sure.

Back