Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting for mine from Sideshow also. Don't usually buy figures from SS but used $200 worth of points on him.

I was originally going to get him for Christmas but opted to get the deluxe 501st instead since I was guaranteed to have him on Christmas. But I did preorder Rex from Sideshow thanks to some birthday money less than a week ago so safe to assume I probably won't be receiving mine for quite some time.

Sideshow is supposed to fulfill individual orders first , it's strange that BBTS would get their alotment before direct customers. I would contact SS
Sideshow doesn't prioritise one over the other, they fan out bulk wholesale orders and do some singles, whatever is most time efficient and maintains warehouse space

Sideshow is supposed to fulfill individual orders first , it's strange that BBTS would get their alotment before direct customers. I would contact SS.

Sideshow doesn't prioritise one over the other, they fan out bulk wholesale orders and do some singles, whatever is most time efficient and maintains warehouse space

Yep, it’s really arbitrary on a good day right now who gets what first but it’s probably sheer chaos at the moment.

The warehouse probably looks like what would happen if you put Maul in charge of the shipping department.

B62BB4E2-3EAB-456B-A59E-3F2E7530BEF0.gif

BBTS not being one of the last to get their allocation from Sideshow would indicate at least a portion of Hell has frozen over, however.

Last edited:
It used to not be this way, things must have changed because for years they always prioritized the individual orders first. I ordered Ashoka only a few months ago, if it's going to be like this then if price is reasonable I may have to go through TBA instead.

It used to not be this way, things must have changed because for years they always prioritized the individual orders first. I ordered Ashoka only a few months ago, if it's going to be like this then if price is reasonable I may have to go through TBA instead.

Generally it still looks like some individual orders go out first or at least around the same time some retailers get theirs. Hard to say who is getting what and how.

I think they’ve said what they ship to customers and to retailers are separate. But I find it difficult to trust anything they say when it comes to how things are shipped.

Rex is the worst I’ve ever seen it, though. This is an unusual case and something must’ve gone critically wrong.

It’s definitely all exacerbated by the current shipping congestion nightmare. Perhaps it’ll go back to the way it was before in the future.

Last edited:
The wait on this is brutal haha
I feel it is kind of a sign of the times and I have to adjust expectations haha. But I will be gone 4-5 months on a work course in late January and I am really hoping I get Rex by than. Really really hope haha.

Mines coming this week. Didn’t expect it at all. Ordered from SS a few months ago on payment plan. Got an email other day saying my final payment was going to be delayed taking until 5th Jan instead of 5th Dec. I never requested that so I just thought I’d pay the balance off anyway. Next day I get a dhl shipping text to request customs payment. Just done that and delivery expected Friday.

Back