Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely fuming. Spent all day looking forward to getting this, only to wind up with broken figure right out of the package.

Done with clones after I hopefully get a replacement body and trigger hand from sideshow. Nothing but bad luck with these figures, cool as they may be.

Last edited:
Absolutely fuming. Spent all day looking forward to getting this, only to wind up with broken figure right out of the package.

Done with clones after I hopefully get a replacement body and trigger hand from sideshow. Nothing but bad luck with these figures, cool as they may be.
Luckily I haven't had any issues. I have Cody, Coruscant Guard, and 2 501st Clones. Rex should be here next Wednesday.

Same, no issues.

Sorry to hear you got a broken one, unfortunately that stuff happens. I've had it happen twice with Sideshow statues and with my Iron Studios 1/4 Mando.

IMG_20211222_161147.jpg

Mine came yesterday!
Someone took a box cutter slice to the shipper box, but luckily the plastic wrapper was unscathed and it wasn’t as bad as I feared.

did a quick peak and he looks great. I’m really happy about this, as I had to purge the collection years back and got rid of my Sideshow version.

have a move soon, so seems kinda pointless to pose and enjoy, but I might anyways

I wish I hadn’t missed out on Cody :(

What was broken?

What was broken?

The right arm was busted in the box. When I tried to bring the arm forward, the arm wouldn't stay in place. The arm under the pauldron worked fine. So I tried again, and that when the arm broke off from the butterfly joint, and started to flop around like his holsters. Then when I took the trigger hand off that arm, the wrist peg came with it. Currently waiting to see what Sideshow is gonna do for me.

I wish I hadn't gotten my shipment in already. Having the figure and it being broken right out of the box is so incredibly frustrating. I'd rather be waiting for mine to get here.

BTW, it's really difficult to get his blasters in his hands, without feeling like you're gonna break those fingers off.

The right arm was busted in the box. When I tried to bring the arm forward, the arm wouldn't stay in place. The arm under the pauldron worked fine. So I tried again, and that when the arm broke off from the butterfly joint, and started to flop around like his holsters. Then when I took the trigger hand off that arm, the wrist peg came with it. Currently waiting to see what Sideshow is gonna do for me.

I wish I hadn't gotten my shipment in already. Having the figure and it being broken right out of the box is so incredibly frustrating. I'd rather be waiting for mine to get here.

BTW, it's really difficult to get his blasters in his hands, without feeling like you're gonna break those fingers off.

Yeah, Hot Toys hands have become increasingly problematic.

Sorry to hear that your figure was broken out of the box. Terrible to open up your pricey purchase and have excitement turn into disappointment so quickly.

I’m sure they’ll take care of it. Hopefully they’ve already allocated a supply of replacements parts so they can send you a new body.

Yeah handling HT lately is like handling Royal Daulton China. But with hands, wrist pegs etc a hair dryer is your best friend.

Oh wow, that’s super ******.

I hope they can issue you a replacement figure!

Has anyone managed to do a bad batch kitbash?

You mean just putting a poncho on him since they ended up reusing the TCW design, or putting together the concept art version?

I thought about it but it seems like a waste to cover up the Hot Toys figure so I considered doing it with the Sideshow plus the Hot Toys headsculpt.

But he doesn’t wear it that long in the show so probably not. It’s also a hilariously terrible disguise. Everyone can see your distinctly Clone like silhouette and parts of your armor, Rex. And your face. :lol

But then Clones have always been terrible at disguises. I feel like the appearance was partly a joke in reference to this deleted scene.

This sequenxe makes zero sense. But thank you for filming and partially rendering it anyway, George.

The Jedi Temple sequence..something we should of seen more of, with Vader assaulting it and Kenobi/Yoda going back to it.

Instead we get a few quick shots and Vader scaring a bunch of kids before slaughtering them

The Jedi Temple sequence..something we should of seen more of, with Vader assaulting it and Kenobi/Yoda going back to it.

Instead we get a few quick shots and Vader scaring a bunch of kids before slaughtering them

It’s true. The Order 66 sequence and its immediate fallout should’ve been an entire act of the film. It was all very rushed with very little time devoted to it.

But that fix would’ve required better planning on a broader scale and that wasn’t going to happen at the time.

It’s unfortunate the only significant screen time given at the temple is to the Anakin and younglings scene, which always felt so off.

Would’ve been more tragic if they’d been captured to become future Sith Acolytes or Inquisitors. Or if the Clones were hesitant about executing them and ask Vader, but he just nods and walks away.

Man, can't believe this is still a PO at SS and not ready to ship. Was for sure after the holidays he would've been available for shipping. Since the Shoretrooper grunt is available I just used my SS RP's to get him for free. Was gonna use them for a free Rex, then the remainder for the Shoretrooper since he was released after Rex.

Either way, still nets me the same cost. I just preferred getting Rex for free since I already have the SS versions (both phase I & II). Easier to justify to myself as to why I am getting him.. :lol

It’s crazy how stuff ships or doesn’t ship nowadays. Rex released months ago and I got mine already from a retailer SSC supplies but so many who ordered directly from SSC dont have him yet and it still show pre order on SSC site
Then there is the shore trooper grunt which shows in stock on SSC site so I guess if you ordered from SSC you have him and yet haven’t heard peep from third party retailers …🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
just strange

After reading through a good chunk of this thread it sucks to hear about the issues. That gloss spot reminds me of ASM2 Spider-Man blackspot/gluespot on the forehead. Figure looks good though, some cool pics in the thread, just a bit too clean for my liking. The pauldron not moving is a bit of a head scratcher too. I’ve had the SCC one for years and it still is good, joints a tad loose but still stands fine, will be sticking with it.

Back