Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patiently waiting for this guy to be in stock and ready to ship... Figured they were waiting for all the Thanksgiving sales and hoopla to end...

Guessing I won't have Rexy in time for Xmas... :monkey2

Patiently waiting for this guy to be in stock and ready to ship... Figured they were waiting for all the Thanksgiving sales and hoopla to end...

Guessing I won't have Rexy in time for Xmas... :monkey2

After a brief period where some ships in California were actually unloaded it seems like we have hit another slowdown. The Shoretroopers have been on imminent arrival at Timewalker for weeks and I'm pretty sure the Sand People were on that list too and taken off. Instead of flippantly and condescendingly acknowledging supply chain issues perhaps the government should actually do something about it :slap

i got my rex form Timewalker toys last week friday i think. it`s a great figure and the second time owning a rex Figure. I had the original first release of him years ago and never got the phase two version as i had sold off all my clones long time ago.

The tinted green is accurate to the show. I do not understand why some people feel the urge to dye his armor, Rex is no "shiny" if you're familiar with the term in the Clone Wars.
Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 2.40.05 PM.png

The tinted green is accurate to the show. I do not understand why some people feel the urge to dye his armor, Rex is no "shiny" if you're familiar with the term in the Clone Wars.
View attachment 549529

You are correct that his armor is significantly weathered since he’s used parts from the start of the Clone War.

His armor does not (and should not) match the brighter white of the 501st figures, which is actually show accurate.

959444E7-3492-4785-BC90-1F1B807EA379.jpeg

However, in some in-hand pictures, the browns used to weather the armor seem to have a little too much of a green tinge which is what some folks seem to be critical of.

But it might just be a lighting, lens, camera, or editing issue that’s not really noticeable in person. I’ll reserve judgement till I see it myself.

5EE3FEBC-9903-427D-B718-EF13A897A92E.jpeg

Last edited:
Rex definitely had more of a green tint in those final 4 episodes, very noticeable during the Venator hallway scenes.

He kept the majority of his Gen 1 armor throughout the war, it makes sense that his armor is gross and beat up.

After a brief period where some ships in California were actually unloaded it seems like we have hit another slowdown. The Shoretroopers have been on imminent arrival at Timewalker for weeks and I'm pretty sure the Sand People were on that list too and taken off. Instead of flippantly and condescendingly acknowledging supply chain issues perhaps the government should actually do something about it :slap
1. Unfortunately they won't

Or

2. If they do it will be at the 11th hour to make themselves look good in the coming elections next year.

...but what would the government even do? Conscript people off the street and sentence them to work at the docks until further notice?

This is not a government problem, its a lack-of-warm-bodies problem. The US Government is not directly overseeing your workplace, unless you're in the CIA or something. All kinds of workplaces are critically short of people. This problem is going to get worse, not better.

.... and I say that as someone whose GG Star Wars Milestones Boba Fett statue is 6 months overdue and counting. I really want him, too.

...but what would the government even do? Conscript people off the street and sentence them to work at the docks until further notice?

This is not a government problem, its a lack-of-warm-bodies problem. The US Government is not directly overseeing your workplace, unless you're in the CIA or something. All kinds of workplaces are critically short of people. This problem is going to get worse, not better.
True but part of the problem also the restrictions they have on the trucking industry in California . They could temporarly lift those. It's a mess anyway you look at it.

Back