Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pauldron not moving is a bit of a head scratcher too. I’ve had the SCC one for years and it still is good, joints a tad loose but still stands fine, will be sticking with it.

I agree with you on that. Not sure why they felt the need to not just glue on the pauldron but make it extremely secure by slotting it into place.

I also still have the Sideshow version. I love that figure for sentimental reasons and on its own it holds up pretty well.

Night and day versus the Hot Toys version thought. Don’t miss out if you can. This figure is going to be ridiculous to try to get later on.

Recently seen elsewhere, curious what forumites think: is Rex an ARC trooper?

I would say he is....? I thought all the Captains and Commanders were ARCs? Plus he has the raised ridge on the crest of his helmet?

Recently seen elsewhere, curious what forumites think: is Rex an ARC trooper?

I would say he is....? I thought all the Captains and Commanders were ARCs? Plus he has the raised ridge on the crest of his helmet?

Yes, Rex is an ARC Trooper that received command training.

Most Clone Commanders are not ARC Troopers. Some received ARC training, but that did not make them full ARC Troopers.

Typically Clones would be selected/bred to go into one specialization like ARC Trooper, Commando, Officer, Pilot, ARF, Scout, etc.

He was one of the Captains/Commanders to receive ARC training.

The concept of Clone Officers receiving ARC training is mostly Legends now, unfortunately. It still exists but it’s more of a footnote.

It’s a weird area but Rex I believe officially is now classified as an ARC Trooper first that received command training to become an officer.

I agree with you on that. Not sure why they felt the need to not just glue on the pauldron but make it extremely secure by slotting it into place.

I also still have the Sideshow version. I love that figure for sentimental reasons and on its own it holds up pretty well.

Night and day versus the Hot Toys version thought. Don’t miss out if you can. This figure is going to be ridiculous to try to get later on.
I’ve watched a couple comparison videos and outside of the better body and sculpt I don’t see any improvements Hot Toys made. I always display Rex with his helmet on so I don’t care about the sculpt that much. I can always upgrade the body later. I just like the look of the SSC armor, from paint to weathering, a bit more than Hot Toys. I also think the SSC helmet is more detailed. As far as posing, I always use a stand, and the SSC Rex can do any pose that a 501st HT can, and a couple more than the HT Rex can due to the movable pauldron.

I would love to kitbash one of these together though. Hot Toys sculpt, body, stand, accessories + SSC armor, helmet, and pauldron = my perfect Rex figure.

Got mine yesterday (SSC to the UK, gut punch from the tax man though) . Initially looks awesome, haven’t had chance to ‘review’ him fully yet but very pleased.

Yes, Rex is an ARC Trooper that received command training.

Most Clone Commanders are not ARC Troopers. Some received ARC training, but that did not make them full ARC Troopers.

Typically Clones would be selected/bred to go into one specialization like ARC Trooper, Commando, Officer, Pilot, ARF, Scout, etc.

The concept of Clone Officers receiving ARC training is mostly Legends now, unfortunately. It still exists but it’s more of a footnote.

It’s a weird area but Rex I believe officially is now classified as an ARC Trooper first that received command training to become an officer.

Thank you!
I get lost these days on details like these, whether they're canon anymore.
You had the older Dark Horse comics and Karen Travis ARC canon, then it got retconned with the TCW and now Disney threw out so much of the old EU.

Coruscant Highway Patrol.

Attachments

• A59B935F-E422-4209-94FA-55088347C3F4.jpeg
    A59B935F-E422-4209-94FA-55088347C3F4.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 7ED22A78-B27C-4E71-AE7A-C34799D9855D.jpeg
    7ED22A78-B27C-4E71-AE7A-C34799D9855D.jpeg
    237.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 1D7CE01A-0579-4D08-B484-DF2A2F05ED77.jpeg
    1D7CE01A-0579-4D08-B484-DF2A2F05ED77.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 13DEA1A5-84DD-464F-A56B-1C3754AAD201.jpeg
    13DEA1A5-84DD-464F-A56B-1C3754AAD201.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 52
  • B4653A2A-1CA2-46A3-A039-7A9C76CEFF8B.jpeg
    B4653A2A-1CA2-46A3-A039-7A9C76CEFF8B.jpeg
    265.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 455E8410-99B2-42C1-8932-F1AC30EB1261.jpeg
    455E8410-99B2-42C1-8932-F1AC30EB1261.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 39
  • 4F5FCB73-F90C-432F-BFFE-DC66EEDD8784.jpeg
    4F5FCB73-F90C-432F-BFFE-DC66EEDD8784.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 43
Thank you!
I get lost these days on details like these, whether they're canon anymore.
You had the older Dark Horse comics and Karen Travis ARC canon, then it got retconned with the TCW and now Disney threw out so much of the old EU.

I hear you on that. There’s been good new content added, and some good lost content made canon again, but we lost a lot of amazing EU content with regards to specialized Clones.

ARC Troopers and Alpha, as well as all the Commandos and everything Mandalorian about how they were raised and trained. Really miss that. Added a lot to the culture of the Clones.

Is Sideshow letting people know when their Rex is about to arrive at the warehouse? Had mine pre-ordered since March and still nothing. Really starting to annoy me that some people that just ordered recently got theirs already and mine been ordered.

Is Sideshow letting people know when their Rex is about to arrive at the warehouse? Had mine pre-ordered since March and still nothing. Really starting to annoy me that some people that just ordered recently got theirs already and mine been ordered.
Apparently. People have been getting notices lately. I’ve had my pre-ordered much, much longer than that and I’m still waiting. It’s been paid in full for quite a long time. Sideshow and their shipping queue are just mysteries. Anytime we think we figure it out, something throws a wrench in it

Back