1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: Episode VII - Flametrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Blinguskahn & TonTon! I appreciate your thoughts on this! It was a hard choice, but went w/ the Flametrooper. He is just unique enough that it should be a good addition to the collection. I really like the Tie pilot, but I agree that he is a bit boring and doesn't come with much. I just picked up the Snowtrooper set recently for a steal. I really wanted them and waited patiently for the right price, so selling one of them @ the moment isn't an option for me.

Thanks again,
Steve

Good choice Steve! TonTon added some great contrast pics that I'm sure didn't help make your decision any easier as he is totally correct that the contrast is great. However, In my opinion, with Kylo being in black leading a squad, the contrast is basically there. You'll have a ton of fun posing your FT; don't immediately go for the "normal" shooting the flames pose, check out poses on HT FB page for some great guidance. Enjoy Steve, I'm glad that I could help but please, there's no need to be formal, blingus or even bling will do fine, lol! Have fun.

Good choice Steve! TonTon added some great contrast pics that I'm sure didn't help make your decision any easier as he is totally correct that the contrast is great. However, In my opinion, with Kylo being in black leading a squad, the contrast is basically there. You'll have a ton of fun posing your FT; don't immediately go for the "normal" shooting the flames pose, check out poses on HT FB page for some great guidance. Enjoy Steve, I'm glad that I could help but please, there's no need to be formal, blingus or even bling will do fine, lol! Have fun.

Ok bling it is! :). Took your advice and looked @ the pics on Facebook. Wow, you weren't kidding! There was one that looked like the gun was attached to the tank @ rest. Does the gun / tank have a magnet like the stormtrooper's thigh or did they just attach it to the handle? In any case, looks cool!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 321
I think you'll be happy, Spallesc! He's a pretty amazing looking figure. And bling made a nice point about the contrast already existing with Ren. Post some pics when you get him in.

What's funny is right now the only TFA figures I have on display are Ren, Finn, and the TIE Pilot so there's almost no contrast there. I have the Jakku trooper arriving Monday though, and just got notice about Rey and BB-8 arriving in September.

Based on all the pics looks like a great figure! I have one more spot in the detolf for TFA and just can't decide if it should be Flametrooper or Tie pilot. Besides Kylo, my shelves are all storm/snow designs ( a bunch of white). Was thinking of the Tie for a bit more contrast, but figure seems a bit lacking compared to the Flametrooper. I'd love to hear opinions from some fellow freaks who own both. Also is the issue w/ sloppy black painted lines on the Flame helmet really as wide spread a issue as some have mentioned? Thanks in advance for any insight.

Seems like you've already made your choice (the right one), but yes, I would definitely go with the Flametrooper. I have two Flametroopers (though one still in the box) and two TIE pilots, but the TIE pilots don't stand out on the shelf like the Flametrooper does. Also it wouldn't contrast as well next to Kylo Ren, being also predominantly black.

Not to say the TIE pilot is a bad figure. If you can get a TIE pilot later - especially on sale - you should. Maybe put it somewhere separate, perhaps next to the OT TIE pilot in a different display.

Also no helmet issue on the Flametrooper for me, at least for the one I opened.

Yup great choice on the FT! That pose does look great, I agree. I've never actually tried to hook the flamethrower to the backpack so I'm totally unsure about any magnets. PlasticEnemies and Suiping do some amazing posing that isn't always attainable stock, sometimes they'll use a trick but if that's one you're set on, go for it. There shouldn't be any real problems attaching to the backpack, just use a tiny zip tie!

I think you'll be happy, Spallesc! He's a pretty amazing looking figure. And bling made a nice point about the contrast already existing with Ren. Post some pics when you get him in.

What's funny is right now the only TFA figures I have on display are Ren, Finn, and the TIE Pilot so there's almost no contrast there. I have the Jakku trooper arriving Monday though, and just got notice about Rey and BB-8 arriving in September.

Thanks TonTon, I'm sure I will! The figure should be here tomorrow! Was supposed to be Wednesday, love it when UPS bumps it up a day. How do you like the Jakku trooper? He can be a bit difficult to pose @ first (like most of the FO Stormtroopers), but he is a great figure. I've seem some pictures you posted in other threads, I'm sure your TFA setup will be excellent when everything is displayed! I still love what you did w/ your OT stormtrooper display! I wish I had thought of buying extra stand to make a continuous floor! Looks outstanding!

Yeah, that red shelf is probably my favorite. :lol I'm hoping coco here does a full-sized sand shelf for a Tatooine or Jakku display.

The Jakku trooper is pretty sweet but I'm still scared to bend those elbows too much. Not crazy about how the rubber tubing kinks. I'm also still unsure if I want Jakku trooper and Finn or just the weathered Finntrooper if they ever put him up for pre-order, but I love all the gear the Jakku trooper has.

I just got a second detolf and I'm not sure if it will be TFA only (doubtful) or a mix of OT and ST. Since I turned this thread into the TIE pilot thread I figure I'll post one mores since I thought these guys looked good together.

9a2b04585506b546773772e2fd2de4e5.jpg

Thanks guys for the options and encouragement! Didn't have much time tonight, but was able to unbox and check him out! This is a fantastic figure! Put him in a quick pose and took a shot w/ the iPhone.
image.jpg

Looks great Spallesc. Really makes me regret not picking up a snowie.

You happy with your decision? It really is an impressive figure. The design looks different enough from the standard troops but similar enough to know they're part of the same army.

I keep forgetting to check if the flamethrower is magnetic. I need to change up some poses and liked the way it looked attached to the tank pack.

Looks great Spallesc. Really makes me regret not picking up a snowie.

You happy with your decision? It really is an impressive figure. The design looks different enough from the standard troops but similar enough to know they're part of the same army.

I keep forgetting to check if the flamethrower is magnetic. I need to change up some poses and liked the way it looked attached to the tank pack.

Thanks FMH! Yes very happy w/ the choice! Some amazing deals can be found on e-bay if you change your mind on the snowie. I had totally convinced myself to skip them until I saw a price I just couldn't pass up. Then I needed another figure to round out the shelf ... Hello Flametrooper! I completely agree w/ you on the design! It is unique, but still has aspects that tie it together w/ other troopers.
Let me know how you make out on attaching the flamethrower to the tank. It probably doesn't have a magnet and possibly hooks onto the tank handle. Hoping to find some time to mess w/ it myself.. Always hectic the week the kids go back to school.

Got this from a fellow boardie recently. I really like it. Great looking figure and the flame effect really looks nice.

IMG_8115.JPG

Hi! Congratulations! The TFA Flame Trooper is a great figure! Just a question...what about the custom stand? how I can buy it? Looks very nice!

Thanks, Pakiti! I think it's a great figure too. My second favorite trooper design from the movie. I make those stand toppers. Just pm me and I'll get you fixed up.

I've been seeing the flamer for ~$150 shipped on eBay lately. Not sure it's enough to bite as I don't have any more space but still tempting.

Been seeing the same thing for quite some time. It is very tempting... but why am I still hesitating at $150?

That's the problem. Means the price will get to $120 eventually, maybe lower like the Chitauri. If I could get this for $110, I'd make room.

A bud of mine has all of the First Order Troopers and seeing them in person, this one is definitely my favorite.

The Snowtroopers are sharp as well.

I've just decided to not go further into the TFA line due to lack of display space.

I liked the TIE Pilot a lot but sold it for space. Snowtrooper I really liked prior to the film but with no screen time it also got cut for space. By the time the flametrooper was released I had learned my lesson.

I liked the TIE Pilot a lot but sold it for space. Snowtrooper I really liked prior to the film but with no screen time it also got cut for space. By the time the flametrooper was released I had learned my lesson.

Can you imagine if the Flametrooper and Snowtroopers figure prominently in the next movie(s) and Hot Toys is done with releasing them?...

A flipper's perfect storm. (And huge regrets from those that sold them off, for under retail price...)

Been seeing the same thing for quite some time. It is very tempting... but why am I still hesitating at $150?

That's the problem. Means the price will get to $120 eventually, maybe lower like the Chitauri. If I could get this for $110, I'd make room.

Yeah, I went deep into the TFA line via pre-order during "hype-a-palooza". I don't necessarily regret it, but I could've saved a lot of money with a little patience. Lesson learned on the troopers. There's going to be a bunch of them and I won't bite quickly (or in some cases, at all) on most of the non-human characters.

The Flametrooper is definitely the favorite of the bunch though...

Back