1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: Episode VII - Flametrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you imagine if the Flametrooper and Snowtroopers figure prominently in the next movie(s) and Hot Toys is done with releasing them?...

A flipper's perfect storm. (And huge regrets from those that sold them off, for under retail price...)
I hope they do reappear for continuity's sake. I like all the designs still, flametrooper has a pretty memorable scene, the opening is pretty awesome.

I hope they do reappear for continuity's sake. I like all the designs still, flametrooper has a pretty memorable scene, the opening is pretty awesome.

I like the opening scene too and I really dig the flametrooper. Being the weak bastard that I am I just grabbed this bundle with finn, riot, and flamer. Pretty nice variety of stuff for $120 shipped per figure.

If they started at $120 per figure we wouldn't be here right now.

That said, it's still not cheap enough for me to pull. Maybe, if I could get the Flametrooper by itself for $120... even then I'd have to consider.

TFA just doesn't have the staying power to maintain my interest.

Super stoked I got this guy free from the bundle. Also helps I got the Finn bundle at $55 off from the Black Friday sales. Was surprised sideshow gave me both offers.

Super stoked I got this guy free from the bundle. Also helps I got the Finn bundle at $55 off from the Black Friday sales. Was surprised sideshow gave me both offers.

I cannot comprehend this deal. What Black Friday deal?

So you got each figure for just over $100 -- that's a very good deal.

Yeah man, there was a code for actually $54 off from Black Friday for the set. Then my last flex was coming up so I asked if they could throw in the flametrooper and they did. For freeeeeeeee. It helps because this was the last figure I needed to complete the whole TFA lineup. Once I get Han and Chewy I'll have every figure released this far. Luke is next.

Yeah man, there was a code for actually $54 off from Black Friday for the set. Then my last flex was coming up so I asked if they could throw in the flametrooper and they did. For freeeeeeeee. It helps because this was the last figure I needed to complete the whole TFA lineup. Once I get Han and Chewy I'll have every figure released this far. Luke is next.

That was nice of them to apply it. You must have got Agale there; she was always very helpful and accommodating.

So they didn't change your order to the original full price. I was in the same situation and ask if I could get the flame trooper thrown in if I paid off the balance of my Flexpay and they said no because of the discount when I ordered it. I then ask if I cancelled my order and reordered with the free figure deal. They told me they would let me get the deal if they took the discount off the original order. So I had to pay the 50 bucks difference but got the flame trooper. But they let you get the trooper and the discount ?

I just purchased this figure from a fellow member. I’m really impressed, it’s really a fantastic piece. Very nicely detailed. Surprised how much more posable this is compared to the stormtroopers that have almost no articulation.

Last edited:
I just purchased this figure from a fellow member. I’m really impressed, it’s really a fantastic piece. Very nicely detailed. Surprised how much more posable this is compared to the stormtroopers that have almost no articulation.

Yes, it really is a great figure! Congrats!! Take a look @ the TFA stand toppers that Cocoboloboy makes. I picked up a bunch of the "Jakku Village" sand versions and they look really great with the First Order trooper figures! Made a hugh difference in my display!!

HT modified the under suit for the Flametrooper, they got rid of the sleeves and I think some of the padding behind the knees.
I bought all the armor and body for the regular FO Stormtrooper separate and skipped the under suit entirely for my Riot Control trooper, and it makes a world of difference! You'll get so much more joy posing these, it almost makes me want to take my stock Flametrooper apart and do the same.

Took these last week:

f8f88073d3da77a54c99d6edc66696f4.jpg

30016edde743a9675cf616b8f8ee0d26.jpg

d8438744d28b049c522c40d28655432f.jpg

Great pics, have they been photoshopped or just good lighting? Interesting how they have better articulation. Also are these exactly the same as the flametroopers in TLJ?

Great pics, have they been photoshopped or just good lighting? Interesting how they have better articulation. Also are these exactly the same as the flametroopers in TLJ?

Thanks! No photoshop, just a flashlight through the flame effect to make it light up, with all other light being natural light. Yeah I do think the arms have better articulation and not as tight in the joints. The hips are still hard to move though. And I’m not really sure if they’re the exact same design. We never got a really good look at them, and I don’t think they’re featured in the TLJ Visual Dictionary unfortunately.

Thanks for the reply, I'm really tempted as Zavvi have him for £170 which is a pretty good deal I reckon........

No problem! I think he’s a nice FO trooper. He looks great with the backpack and flamethrower. Overall quite unique looking.

I’ve had him posed like that before indeed. It can get pretty close. Here’s my attempt at that pose:

b9f0e9beb6630cf3ce67b14258598173.jpg

Back