1/6 Hot Toys - MMS583 - Deadpool 2 - Cable Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here are a couple of better pics of the sculpt by JC Hong. Looks unbelievable !!

Of course master prototype, but still even with a bit of softening it'll look great IMO.

Perhaps it was adapted from a detailed Brolin / Thanos 3D scan ?

In any case they can do Brolin good !

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

so does his eye light up or no?

I don't think so. It seems it was added in photoshop in some of the release pics.

The Mechanical light up function was pretty naff anyway. I'm glad HT didn't add it personally. Would have only jacked up the price even more imo.

So here are a couple of better pics of the sculpt by JC Hong. Looks unbelievable !!

Of course master prototype, but still even with a bit of softening it'll look great IMO.

Perhaps it was adapted from a detailed Brolin / Thanos 3D scan ?

In any case they can do Brolin good !

View attachment 491071

View attachment 491072

View attachment 491073

As sick as the proto images are...they honestly mean nothing in the end. I still won't pre-order this, as you're pretty much gambling on how the final product will turn out. No sir! Not for me...after HT's bait and switch tactics used on Chadwick and Renner, I'll gladly sit on the sidelines until it's released.

As sick as the proto images are...they honestly mean nothing in the end. I still won't pre-order this, as you're pretty much gambling on how the final product will turn out. No sir! Not for me...after HT's bait and switch tactics used on Chadwick and Renner, I'll gladly sit on the sidelines until it's released.

But how important is the final product quality? You're just going to leave the figure in the box anyway. :rotfl

BTW, did your Armored Thanos box arrive in good condition?

But how important is the final product quality? You're just going to leave the figure in the box anyway. :rotfl

BTW, did your Armored Thanos box arrive in good condition?

Lol damn it, when you're right, you're right! Final box quality is what matters to me in the end!!!

And yes, my box is flawless and sexy AF! :hi5:

Might buy it if he had more of the traditional Cable look. That honeycomb shielding is incredible though. Really kills the hype train this many years out and the unknown of Deadpool 3.

Dont see why they wouldnt have him back as Cable. The whole situation seems ripe for joking about in a Deadpool 3 and would work as a doorway to him appearing in further MCU X-Men stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't Brolin supposed to lead an X-Force movie taking place in the Deadpoolverse?

so does his eye light up or no?

Yep. From the official description:

features a newly developed head sculpt with battle scars and LED light-up function on left eye

The more I look at this, the more I want it. I think I'm going to cancel my Beskar Mando and get Cable instead.

Also, I think this would've been a fun "exclusive" accessory. :lol

deadpool2-cable-unfinishedvfx-700x312.jpg

Ok. Not that I had any official basis to make this assumption, but I will admit I just figured Marvel Studio's only wanted to carry over Ryan as Wade, but I guess I could see them using Brolin's Cable again, but pretty much nobody else from the FoX-Men universe besides maybe Colossus and Juggernaut since they're CG.

Great, now you all convinced me to buy this. :thud:

What are the chances red suit Deadpool could get rereleased to go with Cable?

What are the chances red suit Deadpool could get rereleased to go with Cable?

I was just thinking this. Would be a smart business decision for sure. They did reissue the Deathrooper coincidentally to coincide with the release of Krennic, and also reissued ESB Boba and AOTC Yoda presumably to take advantage of all the Mandalorian hype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen posts to that effect but a little hard to believe Disney would walk away from a billion $ movie series.
Ok. Not that I had any official basis to make this assumption, but I will admit I just figured Marvel Studio's only wanted to carry over Ryan as Wade, but I guess I could see them using Brolin's Cable again, but pretty much nobody else from the FoX-Men universe besides maybe Colossus and Juggernaut since they're CG.

Great, now you all convinced me to buy this. :thud:
From the bit I've read, it sounds more like they're just finding a way to make it happen rather than outright canning Deadpool. He's the easiest tool for them to do that as he effectively transcends universes and timelines anyway.

I could see them bringing Brolin back too all things considered. Deadpool as is is straight cash money to Disney, Disney just needs to stretch into R ratings for the MCU. And all things considered, I think Deadpool is probably the license to do it with because people know that's what it's going to be.

Cable is up for Pre-order! There is an exclusive edition with the shield!

$270. Came out to $309 after taxes and shipping

Earliest shipping estimate is Q1 2022

Back