1/6 Hot Toys - Back to the Future Part III - DeLorean Time Machine Collectible Vehicle

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can this be repurpose for part 2 delorean?
I don't see how, it's pretty different.
Too bad HT is not including rail tracks to display it on. That was it's signature look in the movie, not rubber tires. As much as this will presumably cost, it shouldn't be THAT big of a deal not to include. Ah well, I'm sure there are some talented 3D printers out there that could come up with something.
It would make for an easy, and probably popular, deluxe if they included the rails. I guess I could go to a model/hobby store and find something that'd work, but it'd be so much easier if they included them.
Too bad the figures wont actually fit inside the car, with those damn hats glued onto the heads
I was wondering about that, they don't show any figures in the car, or even next to it with the door open.

^This

They want you to display them on top of the car and not inside of it since even they know it's impossible to put them inside.

cba66404ee92b008dce126236547f5bb.jpg

Technically only Marty is ever inside the DeLorean in Part III anyways. I get the annoyance of not being able to fit them inside though.

Also agreed that Hot Toys should have included a train track display base. I mean really how hard could that be? Large piece of plastic painted with some detailing and a train tracks to align car with.

That's actually not a bad price, depending on shipping. However, HT or someone should produce a Clara figure. Some collectors like myself may want to pay homage to the movie posters. I'm still ticked that Blitzway saw itself clear to produce a $1,500+ Ghostbusters Afterlife Ecto-1, but couldn't at least do a small run of the young actors. I know there's probably not a huge market for those figures, but I think that should have been part of the license requirement.

Technically only Marty is ever inside the DeLorean in Part III anyways. I get the annoyance of not being able to fit them inside though.

Also agreed that Hot Toys should have included a train track display base. I mean really how hard could that be? Large piece of plastic painted with some detailing and a train tracks to align car with.
The figures look so awkward squeezed into the car anyway that I'm not bothered about not being able to fit them.

And we can't get a base for freakin R2 so I'm not surprised at all that they don't want to include one for the DeLorean.

Yeah I’m really surprised they are doing this. The Part II must have sold well. I’m hardcore BTTF fan and have zero interest in this. I’m happy with my II as under scaled as it is.

IMG_1184.jpeg

can this be repurpose for part 2 delorean?
I was wondering if Hot Toys used the BTTF II version as a base, thus still have workable folding wheel mechanism. I don't assume, since it's probably pricier in parts required than the ones from Part 1. I didn't get the Part 2 release (no budget for it at the time), so it'd be great, if a long shot, that it did, so I can print some custom wheels for it and just use it as a trilogy-covering DeLorean.

Now I wonder if they fused that carhood box to it, or it is really just held down by the leather straps.

I was wondering if Hot Toys used the BTTF II version as a base, thus still have workable folding wheel mechanism. I don't assume, since it's probably pricier in parts required than the ones from Part 1. I didn't get the Part 2 release (no budget for it at the time), so it'd be great, if a long shot, that it did, so I can print some custom wheels for it and just use it as a trilogy-covering DeLorean.

Now I wonder if they fused that carhood box to it, or it is really just held down by the leather straps.
Always hard to predict with HT, but I'm thinking the box will be a separate piece that you attach yourself, so they can better wrap and protect it for shipping, along with all the other parts for the outside of the car. Hell they could even do the logical thing and have it attached to the hood with magnets.

long time since i watched the movie but did the part 2 version made it to part 3 earlier in the movie? if yes would be cool to have a conversion.

Back