1/6 Hot Toys - MMS583 - Deadpool 2 - Cable Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really glad i never gave into the toys era cable, never liked it. The sculpt and proportions were a tad off and i could not get past it. The toys era version was good for unlicensed and all, but this is so much nicer looking. The likeness and body detail are amazing. It is a tad late for this, but i'm in. I do notice though that he is missing his " Utility Bag ", even the toys ear version missed out on that. He needs it.

Really glad i never gave into the toys era cable, never liked it. The sculpt and proportions were a tad off and i could not get past it. The toys era version was good for unlicensed and all, but this is so much nicer looking. The likeness and body detail are amazing. It is a tad late for this, but i'm in. I do notice though that he is missing his " Utility Bag ", even the toys ear version missed out on that. He needs it.

I didnt realize he didn't come with the fanny pack, hoping a 3rd party gets that made.

If you think about it it's actually good all these 3rd companies got around to making this figure before HT did...because by beating HT to the jump, HT has to actually try even harder to make their version of the figure worth it to collectors who may have already picked up the 3rd party version.

That's why their version of Cable comes with that extremely detailed body/torso. They had to innovate beyond what the 3rd party put out. So HT actually had to try hard with this Cable...otherwise I'm sure if they were first to the punch they wouldn't have bothered with developing a brand-new body...this also explains why HT added so many accessories with the Miles Morales figure and included 3 headsculpts...cause they were beaten to the punch again by 3rd party figs.

Hmm...who would have thought competition would be good for the consumers? It's good to see HT putting in effort for once. :clap :yess:

I only order from SSC when I have to or for exclusives, so I'm going to be saving up RP for this, and the Anakin+Stap. Good thing we've got 2 Spooktaculars to go through before their release!

Preordered him. Really hope to get Deadpool soon really should have gotten him when I had the chance.

If you think about it it's actually good all these 3rd companies got around to making this figure before HT did...because by beating HT to the jump, HT has to actually try even harder to make their version of the figure worth it to collectors who may have already picked up the 3rd party version.

That's why their version of Cable comes with that extremely detailed body/torso. They had to innovate beyond what the 3rd party put out. So HT actually had to try hard with this Cable...otherwise I'm sure if they were first to the punch they wouldn't have bothered with developing a brand-new body...this also explains why HT added so many accessories with the Miles Morales figure and included 3 headsculpts...cause they were beaten to the punch again by 3rd party figs.

Hmm...who would have thought competition would be good for the consumers? It's good to see HT putting in effort for once. :clap :yess:

Yep I've said this before too. Even Snowspeeder Luke looks a million dollars (well the V2 prototype I mean). Also because Sideshow was there first and had set the bar height.

Complacency at the top is always a problem. So go the smaller companies, challenge the big boys !

Yep I've said this before too. Even Snowspeeder Luke looks a million dollars (well the V2 prototype I mean). Also because Sideshow was there first and had set the bar height.

Complacency at the top is always a problem. So go the smaller companies, challenge the big boys !

Hopefully HT starts stepping it up all across the board instead of just figures that were made by other companies. Who knows...maybe this is peak HT we're seeing right now? Maybe one of the new kids may potentially be the king soon...

Hopefully HT starts stepping it up all across the board instead of just figures that were made by other companies. Who knows...maybe this is peak HT we're seeing right now? Maybe one of the new kids may potentially be the king soon...

To be honest that would be far better for us consumers. Somebody new and keen. Or simply two companies with say the Star Wars license or whatever that can make quality 1/6 pieces for a reasonable price.

However I am sure it is not as simple as that.

The 1/6 game is pretty niche with relatively limited customer base. I guess this is also why we see Hot Toys expanding into younger asian collector stuff as well like those stupid DC wobbly fun park car things. They need to expand their brand and it's not possible only with 1/6 high end stuff. Sure it's a smart move to hook the kids when they are young, so later they can progress to the premium side of things.

Anyway we'll see I guess. Someone with manufacturing in Africa or the next low cost country needs to step in. Lower pricing will go a long way to dethrone the king, but of course it's not everything. Quality and realistic head sculpts are the way. Maybe 3D printing will change the business model a bit ? There are a lot of good 3D modellers out there. They days of clay modelling are pretty much numbered I think.

Re: Hot Toys - Deadpool 2 - Cable Collectible Figure

Hot toys have been known to make figures to fill waitlists. Don't be surprised when the waitlist is re-opened.

In a normal year maybe but this year and as far behind as they are getting figures out i can't see it.

Happy that my promo code was able to be used for this order. Can't pass up the exclusive since it's the same price as the non exclusive.
20200724_165715.jpg

Rewatching deadpool 2 I really want a fanny pack and neck scarf from the final battle, and they could do a deadpool with duck tape bandages instead of a straight re-release...

Back