1/6 Hot Toys - MMS430 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Hulk Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread:

TybTuTL.gif

Not the knees!!! Not the kneeeeeeees!!!

Seriously, it's an ACTION figure. Not much action going on with all the rubbersleeved arms and legs on figures like: Wonder Woman, Gamora, Thor, Dutch, John Matrix and so on... At least not if you want to keep the rubber without cracks, bends, folds and whatnot.

You want this Gladiator Hulk to do awesome battle poses. Deep stances, walking, running, maybe a kicking pose, hell perhaps you want to get him in an upright position to look all intimidating. You won't be able to do that without the knees.

The previous two hulks have the exact same knees. They work just fine and don't bother me at all visually. If you don't want the kneejoints, buy a statue. If you want newly developed kneejoints, be prepared to have some rubbery **** that is less posable and more prone to deterioration.

And now quit whining about the knees! This sucker looks awesome!! :D

This thread:

TybTuTL.gif

Not the knees!!! Not the kneeeeeeees!!!

Seriously, it's an ACTION figure. Not much action going on with all the rubbersleeved arms and legs on figures like: Wonder Woman, Gamora, Thor, Dutch, John Matrix and so on... At least not if you want to keep the rubber without cracks, bends, folds and whatnot.

You want this Gladiator Hulk to do awesome battle poses. Deep stances, walking, running, maybe a kicking pose, hell perhaps you want to get him in an upright position to look all intimidating. You won't be able to do that without the knees.

The previous two hulks have the exact same knees. They work just fine and don't bother me at all visually. If you don't want the kneejoints, buy a statue. If you want newly developed kneejoints, be prepared to have some rubbery **** that is less posable and more prone to deterioration.

And now quit whining about the knees! This sucker looks awesome!! :D

Here Here! Well said.

Same knees, but the pants of the previous two versions somewhat obstructed the view of them...
comp2.jpg
(photo is Xenomorph's)
I have the first Hulk, and that's enough Hulk for me. I like the classic ripped pants look. But the Gladiator version looks pretty awesome, the knees wouldn't keep be from getting it if I wanted it because there is so much going on visually that draws the eye which looks really cool I think I could overlook that "flaw". Besides, if he is displayed like I have my Hulk displayed because of his size, many will have other figures in front of him on the shelf slightly obscuring the view of the knees anyway.

Interesting. I only have The Avengers Hulk so I didn't realize the AoU hulk was a different shade of green.

If the trade really was bad knees but great flexibility, that would be fine. But I don't think this is going to be able to be in any deep crouched or kicking poses. But again I'll mention rubber knees would be worse. If mezco can make better knees in scale half this size, hot toys should be able to at least match it.

If the trade really was bad knees but great flexibility, that would be fine. But I don't think this is going to be able to be in any deep crouched or kicking poses. But again I'll mention rubber knees would be worse. If mezco can make better knees in scale half this size, hot toys should be able to at least match it.

Thats exactly my point! Lol. And ill keep whining about it hahahahah. Mezco's knees look sooo much better. I had no problem spending the cash on this hulk but not for those "green shorts" [emoji18]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too much sculpted parts.

The armor, all the straps and buckles and cloth bits should be individual pieces. Might as well get a Hasbro and save some bucks.

I actually disagree with you. With HTs, I have found individual pieces on other figures to be a pain. They move around more than they should, and they tend to break or fray a lot easier. I actually really like that they're sculpted.

My biggest gripe with AOU Hulk was the shade of green they gave him. I hope this figure is more like A1 Green and not AOU.

Too much sculpted parts.

The armor, all the straps and buckles and cloth bits should be individual pieces. Might as well get a Hasbro and save some bucks.

I actually disagree with you. With HTs, I have found individual pieces on other figures to be a pain. They move around more than they should, and they tend to break or fray a lot easier. I actually really like that they're sculpted.

I agree with EvilFace, especially the belt buckle and what is clearly supposed be some sort of fabric or leather on a lot of the parts. To have something actually tailored adds to the realism which a Hulk figure really needs because he's CGI on screen. They work hard on the CG to make the tailoring look real, the figure should reflect that and that is something Hot Toys is capable of.

My biggest gripe with AOU Hulk was the shade of green they gave him. I hope this figure is more like A1 Green and not AOU.

But that is why we pay these big bucks, for the added intricate detail of individual pieces. Parts sculpted to a articulated body is cheap.

But meh, not getting him either way. All HT Hulks look vastly oversized to me.

Even if hot toys releases the same avengers hulk with dark pants instead of purple ill be in[emoji2]
36ec7446123f7e2d06e7039f8090fd50.jpg
77fed3685a914c511fdc8cfb06785404.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sold my AoU Hulk a while back with the thought of getting this one once I saw the Thor previews. Managed to snag a coupon code, so he's finally POed. :clap

AoU Hulk was a somewhat boring figure to me, I couldn't figure how to to display him that I liked. With the weapons and outfit, I think I'll have a lot more options and fun with this one.

9adfea4ae4e175deba1e2cce70af3c1b.jpg

Oh yeah !! That's the one to cover those knee's ! Bring him on HT !

There's a bit of a "fish-net hooker stocking" look there, but nothing a bit of extra tearing won't fix.

But that'll be the question. Will they do this one and an Infinity Wars version ???

Who am I kidding of course they will !!

Back