Hot Toys - MMS190 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Scar Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine does that too. I purchased it used a couple of years ago and it was already like that. Hasn’t gotten any worse. The legs themselves aren’t loose, just at the waist when bending the upper torso forward or backward. It’s only slight though, the figure has no issues standing on its own. I attribute it to the figure being a bit top heavy with all the armor, but who knows. Absolutely love this figure though and is probably my favorite Pred figure.

A couple millimeters? I recall that happening with mine too.

Mine does that too. I purchased it used a couple of years ago and it was already like that. Hasn’t gotten any worse. The legs themselves aren’t loose, just at the waist when bending the upper torso forward or backward. It’s only slight though, the figure has no issues standing on its own. I attribute it to the figure being a bit top heavy with all the armor, but who knows. Absolutely love this figure though and is probably my favorite Pred figure.

So it seems that is a common issue with this figure, i think it is very top heavy, but celtic doesnt have this problem

What do you think about the llittle budy i made for my scar? Finally he gets to spend some time with his son.
141363483_452260452475492_8229663994340891598_n.jpg
141353108_452260325808838_2491645883791379286_n.jpg
141274403_452260495808821_8137349336175308203_n.jpg
141551338_452260535808817_6891636596357557491_n.jpg

another doubt about my scar predator, the visor gap in the bio helmet seem to be crocked, i mean it is wider in the left extreme than in the right one, is it just a qc problem in mine or an sculpt mistake?

About the scar predator, mine seems to have loose hip joints, when i grab it by the torso both legs moves like some milimeters at the same time when i shake it, does this an usual problem in this figure or just in mine?

i thought it was just me that had that issue (as I bought mine used and without a box). Mine can stand on its own but will inevitably fall over and knock elder down with it lol

i thought it was just me that had that issue (as I bought mine used and without a box). Mine can stand on its own but will inevitably fall over and knock elder down with it lol

I think every scar has that issue then, what about the visor gap? mine seems to be wider in the left side

So honest opinion, if you could only get one Predator figure to display in your collection, which one will it be? I'm really feeling Scar to be my one Predator representation for my collection but I wouldn't mind either of the two Elder Predators or even the City Hunter.

Ideally it would be Jungle or City Hunter but the stock Hot Toys figures aren't good enough. So yeah I'd go with AvP Scar or Celtic. To me these seem like better representations of their respective movie counterparts.

Yeah, those two just look beefy and what a Predator should look like. Thanks a-dev! My wife likes to start Christmas shopping early in the year and I told her that I wanted a Predator figure for my collection.

You'll probably get some disagreement there on what a Predator 'should' look like as far as the design but as the existing crop of figures go I think these are the best in their execution. Now, I don't have them, I'm just going on pics.

So honest opinion, if you could only get one Predator figure to display in your collection, which one will it be? I'm really feeling Scar to be my one Predator representation for my collection but I wouldn't mind either of the two Elder Predators or even the City Hunter.
Definitely go with what you like the most, Darth. There's just no way to pick a single Predator <cough> Jungle Hunter> to rule them all.

Ideally it would be Jungle or City Hunter but the stock Hot Toys figures aren't good enough. So yeah I'd go with AvP Scar or Celtic. To me these seem like better representations of their respective movie counterparts.

Unfortunately the scale of the Predator figures are outdated as far as HT's current sizing goes. My Arkham Batman absolutely dwarfs the Classic Pred. The MMS90 is even smaller than the Classic, so he would like Robin next to a modern Batman figure.

Well they were never big enough. But yeah its even worse now that they've been making human figures bigger again.

Lets face it though, they're done with Predator. So this is what there is.

I’ve gone back and forth so many times on which Predator to get, it was the city hunter then the classic then wolf but I think I’ve finally settled on Scar. I wanted something representative of the original film but those don’t seem as well built as this one. As other people have said this is one of the best looking and put together figures with a decent array of extras. Now to try and find one at a reasonable price :( Thank you all for your views and photos and videos, they really helped!

Back