Hot Toys - MMS190 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Scar Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add a light feature for Scar cannon blasting.

IMG_20190126_202907.jpg

UYoDZE3.jpg

I picked up this Scar Predator last week. He's my first predator figure. I love both the masked as well as the unmasked look and he has some great weaponry. The only thing that I wasn't to fond of, was the basic stand he came with. It's a bit too small and not quite sturdy enough for a figure this size and weight.

So today I made a custom stand using an old base from a McFarlane AVP Alien that I had lying around. I cut out some MDF wood in the same size as the McF base. Then cut out a middle circle from that so the holes in the base are actually open. Drilled a hole through the base and the wood that fits a Hot Toys clear rod and waistgrabber. Painted the edge of the wood and glued it to the base.

I think it looks pretty awesome if I say so myself. :)

i think it looks so great i'd want one for myself, and i don't even like AVP.

Indeed. The Hot Toys AvP Preds were pretty good at least. Shame they didn't complete the line though, as usual. They didn't do a Chopper 2.0 am I right?

However, just noticed this but apparently only 20 members have read this thread. Can that be right or is it one of the many glitches this forum has had the past few years?

-edit - nah, can't be right. I mean greygoose started this thread and somehow he's not one of the listed members. SilverStar17 posting on this very page isn't listed. Must be a glitch.

i think it looks so great i'd want one for myself, and i don't even like AVP.

Thanks! I'm not the biggest fan of AVP either. I think it's an ok, mindless watch from time to time. However I do like the Predator designs with Scar being one of my favorites, along with the original one. I still hope we might get a 2.0 version of that one. (although I think HT considers the Predators Classic to be that.)

Indeed. The Hot Toys AvP Preds were pretty good at least. Shame they didn't complete the line though, as usual. They didn't do a Chopper 2.0 am I right?

However, just noticed this but apparently only 20 members have read this thread. Can that be right or is it one of the many glitches this forum has had the past few years?

-edit - nah, can't be right. I mean greygoose started this thread and somehow he's not one of the listed members. SilverStar17 posting on this very page isn't listed. Must be a glitch.

Thank you! They didn't make the Chopper 2.0, no. I think he would've looked great with the skulls on his back and all that. Too bad they didn't complete.

Entity great base!...and congratulations on getting the V2 Scar...you will deffo want the Elder V2 and Celtic V2 now...:lol

Thank you very much!
The seller did have Elder V2 and Celtic V2, but I decided to just get this one as he's my favorite.

So i made these to hang on my scar predator but i am not really sure where to hang them, because in the movie it doesnt seem that they are hanging by the belt but somewhere higher instead
131561318_434669734234564_2112637771453563549_o.jpg
vlcsnap-2014-07-03-23h38m18s203.jpg

I'm still gutted that they fumbled the updated AVP Elder. It's such a cool design. You don't expect HT to drop the ball on paint apps, but they did there and the feel of the figure suffers.

It looks decent to me, but then again, I’ve never seen it in person. I’ve heard in reviews the paint apps of the eyes are a bit lacking, but that can be hidden by just tilting the head downward a bit. It’s still a figure I’d someday like to pick up to complete my ideal identical Predator display of JH-CH-P2 Elder on one shelf (two original Preds with original Elder), and Scar-Wolf-AvP Elder on another shelf (two main AvP Preds with AvP Elder).

Oddly enough, the eyes don't bother me as much as they do other people for the reason you mentioned. It's the paint everywhere else.

tumblr_inline_o9oqylioMS1rv35gd_1280.jpg

avp_elder_predator_sixth_scale_hot_toys_902567_13__80842.1444919808.jpg

The more muted colors of the prototype make it look more realistic. The quills on the prototype are closer in color to the skin so they blend better and appear less "tacked on." The dark wash adds more depth to the forehead and helps smooth the transition from the crown to the center.

All this makes the proto look not only better, but older. The Elder in the film has such a busy-looking face, between all the quills and wrinkles. The paint on the proto helps achieve that by bringing out the texture of the sculpt.

The production figure looks too simple, like they took a normal young Predator, added a few quills to his brows, and called it good. Paint isn't bad per se, but it's not what this particular character needs to look like himself.

Sigh, just looking at that proto again breaks my heart. Figure went from an absolute must-buy to a hard pass.

Last edited:
Yeah the skin pigmentation is much too yellow, the prototype was a lot better as far as accuracy to how it looks in the film.

Though at the moment, I don’t feel it’d deter me from having one.

Finally i added the finger trophies to my scar predator, i know in the movie they are hanged somewhere higher maybe the net or the bandoliier but i dont want to damage them so i hanged by the belt accesorie.
132520138_435446367490234_7063566183731748441_n.jpg
132196844_435446420823562_3076001477561766460_n.jpg
132734483_435446517490219_7887172434796030331_n.jpg

About the scar predator, mine seems to have loose hip joints, when i grab it by the torso both legs moves like some milimeters at the same time when i shake it, does this an usual problem in this figure or just in mine?

Back