Hot Toys - MMS190 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Scar Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice pictures. :clap

Yeah, I really like him. Out of the Predators I have, he’s probably the most accurate looking right out of the box, which I’m sure probably is the case with Celtic as well. I don’t plan to get too crazy with the pose; just pretty much what I already have with his arm extended, catching the Xenomorph larvae. I’ve seen the one you’re referring to on eBay, so I’ll likely pick one of those up. There’s another one that has a bit of blood on it, which looks like it’d suffice also. I’m not really an overly dynamic poser with my figures, as space on my shelves is precious and I tend to put 3-5 figures per shelf, so I can’t have a pose that takes up too much space.

This is the Xenomorph larvae I got for Scar:

5F652D36-0A59-4815-8F64-DC6AA34E4687.jpeg
B2B642B7-784B-4D78-905D-BABAC52674B5.jpeg

That's real nice. Way more detailed than mine. Is it the same one as the last entry in the dedicated thread for these? Where did you get it from? Let me know if you have a link.

Edit: Found it. Might order. Just worried about the purple dome and potentially too big size.

Yes, I believe it's the same one.

The clear purple dome is my only nit pick with it. However, the other ones I saw I thought looked a bit too much like a skull and spine rather than a fresh Xenomorph larvae, so I went with that one as I liked the detail on it a bit more. It was only $9 on eBay (USD) so I can't really complain. It's merely a companion piece for Scar to hold to get the effect of him catching the Xenomorph larvae; doesn't have to be the most detailed one in the world. That one seemed detailed enough to me.

It does look like it may potentially be slightly too big, but at the same time, it looks fine. Won't really know for certain until I have it in hand. It said 1/6 scale, so that's all I really had to go off of. Even if it is slightly too big, wouldn't really be a big deal to me for the same reason as listed above.

:lol
the message you have entered is shorter than a choked snake.

Received my Xenomorph larvae today to go with Scar. It’s probably a bit out of scale on the larger side, but it still gets the job done for me and accents the figure well. Where he’s holding it is as far up it’ll go in his hand. The detail on it is really good and it has a nice, fresh look to it. The tail is malleable, but is a bit stiff; you’d probably have a difficult time wrapping it around his arm if that’s what you were going for, but it’s malleable enough to make it look like it’s writhing while dangling in Scar’s hand.

48F94D19-86AC-44F6-B077-6B8B13F60C15.jpg
5E63C704-BF1F-4D5D-9AE5-6EC85D4B46F3.jpg

Cool. I bought my Scar pre-owned and the combi-stick is a bit damaged. I don't really like the Xenomorph larvae in the hand look, so I think I'm going to attempt to snare a combi-stick and just have him wielding that. I sometimes see Celtic ones out there but haven't seen a Scar one yet, so I was wondering if they are identical or not.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a dio base that can be used with this guy to adequately represent the pyramid floor? I’d like to display him on a dio base, but I’m not really a fan of Celtic’s dio base being that you’re pretty much forced to put him in a Captain Morgan pose with his foot on top of the Grid alien head, which would require bending his knee a bit obviously and putting stress on the netting on the leg.

Back