Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mk1 DIECAST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder what this USB connected thing is ? Probably just something that turns around I guess ?

Probably with some huge USB-A plug going in to his back.

Interesting they showed exactly which parts are diecast. No doubt to stop people complaining when it releases and saying "it's not even all diecast".

Since I currently don’t have the OG IM Mark 1 as a figure, it’s an obvious pick up for me. Kinda sucks for current owners that were hoping for significant upgrades over the 2.0 version so that’s a bummer.

I couldn’t care less about a usb powered anything. If they didn’t increase the size over the original then I’ll probably pass on this and just pick up a 2.0 on the cheap from someone dumping theirs for the diecast.

My expectations were low and they still manage to disappoint. :lol

They straight up reissued a 9 year old figure with ZERO improvements holy **** lol

9SDuWnj.jpg
217407791_10158128907967344_1619414147838796832_n.jpg

b4AT1NA.jpg

I sold the 2.0 because it’s dinky size looked noticeably out of place with modern figures. If the 3.0 is also dinky and under scaled there’s no point in small cosmetic changes. Such a disappointment.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this looks to be just straight diecast parts swap-out head sculpt reuse. It doesn't come with the little holographic figure, which is at least one plus for 2.0 collectors. If this is the case, it's a nice enough upgrade but not essential. Apparently the USB is supposed to power (spin?) the back motor rotor. Not sure who all will play with that, I barely turn on the light-ups.

you are very right about the usb. tony certainly didn't have usb powered spinning motors in the cave and during the fight, so it pretty irrelevant.

i rather they focus on making some useful diorama or the rack with chains to hang the mk1 armor, with some other empty helmet that's movie accurate

Maybe I'm wrong, but this looks to be just straight diecast parts swap-out head sculpt reuse. It doesn't come with the little holographic figure, which is at least one plus for 2.0 collectors. If this is the case, it's a nice enough upgrade but not essential. Apparently the USB is supposed to power (spin?) the back motor rotor. Not sure who all will play with that, I barely turn on the light-ups.

Looks like it. It should have been bigger, had a new headsculpt, cave diorama base and backdrop, table with blueprints and laptop, crates filled with Stark rockets. Maybe they're saving all that for the 'blacksmith' Tony figure.

They also added a new plastic pedestal to disguise how undersized the figure is.

I have been waiting for this figure for a very long time - I have just about every single Iron Man figure, but no Mark I. They've made significant improvements in the engineering since those figures were released. To not incorporate those advances into such an important figure in the Iron Man legacy, especially given how important Iron Man has been to the Hot Toys line, would be disappointing enough to completely push me away from collecting Hot Toys anymore. There's more options out there now for us as collectors.

I think my expectations were too high for this figure. Given what they did with the Suit Up/Racing Suit Tony, I was expecting a new head sculpt, maybe some diorama pieces for the cave scene, etc. Still getting it because I don't have the Mark 1, but I'm not as hyped as I was when I saw the teaser.

Wow... BIG let down. Like many, I've been waiting for this upgrade for many years.

Easy pass as they say... unless HT can show that this is larger in scale. But I already have this figure, the diecast adds nothing, the USB gizmo actually takes away from it.

Back