Hot Toys MMS 141 - Platoon - Sergeant Barnes official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rock mine is out for delivery. if ups shows up while i'm home for lunch it is going to make it very difficult to go back to work. very excited to get this figure. watched platoon again last night. barnes and king have so many good lines in that movie. i hope they make an elias figure but i think i would be more stoked if they did king.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting to jump into this line. I want to see an Elias before I bite. If they only produce Chris, Barnes and Lerner, it'll be well worth passing.

just got barnes. zomg he is awesome. had a lot of fun putting his gear on. uniform is thin but it hangs really well (which i guess is why they did it).

barnes is one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite movies so, honestly, even if this is the last figure of the line he is a towering home run and worth it all by his lonesome (imo). that being said i hope we get more from the movie b/c there are so many unique looking characters that i think would translate pretty well.

would also love to see a couple of figures from full metal jacket (animal mother) and apocalypse now (willard!).

The line really needs the full triumvirate. They better not make Lerner next to capitalise on their current Depp obsession and skip Elias completely. Yeah OK for Depp fanatics but a big kick in the face to Platoon fans - Depp was totally insignificant in Platoon, he'd be a real 'odd one out' figure for this line.

The line really needs the full triumvirate. They better not make Lerner next to capitalise on their current Depp obsession and skip Elias completely. Yeah OK for Depp fanatics but a big kick in the face to Platoon fans - Depp was totally insignificant in Platoon, he'd be a real 'odd one out' figure for this line.

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

HTplatoon.jpg

I just hope they keep their word and produce this full lineup. Come on HTs, show us Elias and if you must do Lerner make him last.

Well I got Barnes today. Can't really do anything with him in work though. Nevertheless I've had a look and he doesn't disappoint. This new girl at HT, apologies for my ignorance of her name, is one hell of a sculptor.

I think my particular example of the figure has a more noticeably green outfit than my Chris Taylor...

congrats a-dev.

i was so impressed with this once it arrived..............no pics truly did this figure justice, came close, but in person, ....just amazing.....:lecture

:goodpost: I have to admit I am a big Depp fan but Lerner just isn't vital enough character for this line or even for a Depp line either to be honest but Elias has to be made.

Well I got Barnes today. Can't really do anything with him in work though. Nevertheless I've had a look and he doesn't disappoint. This new girl at HT, apologies for my ignorance of her name, is one hell of a sculptor.

I think my particular example of the figure has a more noticeably green outfit than my Chris Taylor...

congrats a-dev.

i was so impressed with this once it arrived..............no pics truly did this figure justice, came close, but in person, ....just amazing.....:lecture

100% truth. i'm looking foward to taking some pics of barnes outside this weekend i.e. play with my action figures outside.

I agree. Depp's screen time in Platoon was about 2min. I'm in for Keith David as King.
500px-PlatoonM60-4.jpg

platoon.jpg

Yeah she's a great artist and also did the Sweeney Todd.

Still haven't done much with him, kinda have to psyche myself up to it, gather together the referance material etc However I think I've established for myself that Barnes will unfortunately not work with a Royce/Wolverine muscle body. The neck is too thick for the head. It ends up looking Giraffe-like.

i think i would pick up pretty much any character from platoon that they might decide to make. happy w/ barnes and taylor but i would like to see elias (at least). anyone after that is gravy but king, red, rhah, etc. would kick ass.

Back